Zetsu- Cat Trouble

You sighed in annoyance, pinching the bridge of your nose as you shook your head. Zetsu's Akatsuki jacket was crumpled in a heap on the ground and an Oriental Shorthair cat sat on top of it. His body was half-black and half-white right down the middle with large yellow eyes. He shivered, mewling weakly as a gust of wind blew through the forest.

"Come here..." you sat on your knees, unzipping your  Akatsuki cloak as Zetsu ran to your lap, being snuggly zipped up in the warmth of your skin and cloak. You cradled him through the jacket with one arm, the other hand stroking the shivering Zetsu kitty. You raised to your feet and headed back toward the base, putting your planting tools by the gardening shed as usual.

"I told you to wear that damn bee suit when it comes to Catinatalia Merocia..." you grumbled, "Now you've transformed into a cat... this disease is called Gatopherina, Zetsu... it seeps into the chakra system, changing you into a cat for 2 to 4 weeks." He growled. "Don't you start," you hissed as you neared the base. "I'm not curing you with Healing Flora; you strictly disobeyed me for plant care. I'm not happy with you, Zetsu."

He mewled again, wiggling a bit.

"You are a Chimera Oriental Shorthair," you murmured as you entered your room, putting him down on your bed as he glanced up at you, his ears twitching in annoyance. "Exactly half-black and half-white... you're going to be clingy, but that's nothing new... you're going to be freezing unless you're with me all the damn time or I get you a small cat hoodie..." you sighed. "I'll figure it out..."

He meowed louder at you until you scratched behind his white ear, earning a purr from the white side. The black side growled under his breath.

"I guess some things never change," you sighed, using both your hands to itch behind both ears at the same time. They purred together as you smirked. "So I have to give you both equal attention, eh? Got it."

He chirped at you, head butting your stomach, rubbing his white cheek against the jacket. The black side leaned upon your hand; both purring happily.

You ended up making him a small jacket with a pattern of a black and white heart as he purred while being near you. You did also get that special hoodie that has a pocket for cats specifically. You never realized how much Zetsu loved to be held...

Nothing really changed, you noted as you went about your day with Zetsu in your hoodie or around your shoulders. You got your work done, and business as usual for the most part. Luckily you didn't have any orders to fill, you supposed; otherwise, you would have probably healed Zetsu right away.

Although you had to admit, it made things easier to handle at points but you did want Zetsu back to normal. You actually began to miss his little arguments with himself...

After 2 weeks, he changed back in the middle of the night. You woke up, your eyes tracing his back. You smiled, wrapping your arm around his middle, the other beneath his pillow as he held both of your hands, making him purr loudly as your eyes fluttered closed.

The symptoms will be a few months, you mused as you rubbed your hand up and down his chest, earning more purrs, but that's what he gets for not listening to me in the first place...