Itachi-2nd Meeting/ Hanging Out

Three weeks, you sighed as you and Itachi headed toward the location. It was a simple retrieval mission for a scroll that Leader needed. Simple, quick and easy; you rolled your eyes. Was it ever so?

"Y/N," Itachi looked at you softly.

"Itachi, this isn't going to be a simple retrieval," you sighed, "This is the scroll of Arachina... It will be under heavy guard. I only know about it... because I used to have to guard it myself."

"Used to?" Itachi pondered. You ignored him, as you neared the hidden temple. Yes, you knew where it was and what Leader was after, all right. You grew up in this area, expected to be claimed by another noble... Your mother thought differently.

You paused, activating your Fox eye. You motioned with two fingers for Itachi to pause and keep an eye on your back. You felt him nod sharply once; always a quiet one...

"Three..." you closed your eyes, focusing your chakra around the area. Wait... "Two more signatures came up; they're different somehow..." You opened your eyes, narrowing on that one chamber. You raised an eyebrow. "Something's off..."

"How so?"

"Five signatures, three different ninja; yet there are two identical signatures..." You tapped your chin with your index finger. "It's not shadow clones," you answered Itachi before he could speak, "They have a completely different signature, weaker and connected by small wisps of the same energy."

"...Summons?" Itachi suggested, crossing his arms.

"No, too similar..." Unless. "It's an ambush," you determined, "I recognize the jutsu now. Blood Share. It will create multiple signatures, yet there are only three ninja in the building. The others are mere projections. Meaning... they're expecting us. For them to throw out this particular jutsu, they were expecting specifically me..."

"You mean...?"

"Someone tipped them off..." But who would have that kind of- "... Leader wouldn't have done this as some sort of test of my abilities, would he?" Itachi's eyes widened.

"... If he did..." he said in a low growl. You nodded. Thought so.

"The best way to get out of an ambush is to walk into it without triggering it," you said plainly.

"What do you suppose?"

"Ditch the cloak."

***************************************

You straightened out your makeshift kimono. It was easy to create, using a simple jutsu on your clothing. Itachi tucked his necklace away and adjusted his ring on your finger. You hid it easily with the sleeves covering your hands.

You slowly approached the temple, looking around like a confused woman.

"I told you, honey," you sighed, clutching to his arm, "We're completely lost!"

"Calm down, calm down, my dear... Look, there's a temple. Perhaps they can guide us back to the village?" Your plan was to infiltrate like a lost lovey couple, locate the scroll and escape without a hitch. Carefully planned, it should go quite smoothly.

"A house? In the middle of the forest?" you pretended to be frightened, hiding your face in his arm, "Oh my... it sounds like the start of a horror movie!"

"Darling, you're paranoid," Itachi waved the air in front of his face in a dismissing motion, "S-rank criminals? Out here? The Hokage would have them executed on the spot."

"But... But..." You clung as tight as you could to his arm, causing him to gasp softly.

"Sweetheart," he layed it on thick, making you raise an eyebrow, "We need to find our way to the nearest village, so we can get married in secret." You gulped as he quickly intertwined his fingers with yours. Your eyes widened for a brief moment when you realized that you were being watched.

You trembled, your face heating up.

"My love, I want nothing more," you smiled at him, "But..." You turned hesitantly toward the temple.

"You're not getting cold feet, are you, my dear?" Itachi pulled you into his arms.

"Sweetheart, we're not ninja; we'll die out here... or in there, if they decide to kill us..." You embraced him back, feeling his heart speed against your cheek.

"Oh, my love," Itachi chuckled, "I'll keep you safe.." He started to maneuver toward the temple. You gulped and moved forward with him, deeper into enemy territory....