Konan- 2nd Meeting/ Hanging Out

Three months... you sighed as you helped Kakuzu and Hidan on their mission. It's been three months since you last saw Konan. She barely glanced at you now; almost avoiding you at all costs. Which you suspected as much; she acted like a kuudere most of the time, anyway. 

The leader tended to have you help out the different teams. This time, it was to make sure Hidan didn't fuck it up too much. Apparently, he's been making a mess of his missions, even with Kakuzu's help. Always the troublemaker, that one...

So it came to no surprise when he fucked up yet again, letting the target escape. Using your Earth Dragon technique, you managed to pin the guy so Kakuzu could go in for the capture. Leader did want him alive, after all. As you kept an eye on the unconscious target, Hidan and Kakuzu began to fight again. 

"Kakuzu, don't kill Hidan," you called out as he pinned Hidan to a tree with his tentacles. "... How much this time?" you sighed.

"$50," Kakuzu spat out. You raised an eyebrow; that's a lot less than what he normally charged you to keep Hidan in one piece. It was easier to just pay Kakuzu off than to deal with Hidan making sexual advances at you when you tried to piece him back together. At some points, you wondered why even leave such a scumbag alive.  

You gasped as Hidan's scythe pierced your chest. 

"Oh, fuck," he cursed as you faded into darkness.

XXXX

"Y/N..." Konan called to you as you remained unconscious in bed. Kakuzu carried you home as Hidan cleared the way; when Kakuzu explained to Konan and Leader what happened, it took both of them to stop Konan from tearing Hidan limb from limb. 

Even now, she glared as Hidan coward around the doorway, looking to check in on Y/N himself, she thought of killing him. As if to respond to her thoughts, her paper came out and aimed at Hidan, making him scurry away. 

"Y/N..." she murmured once more, gently smoothing a lock of hair from your forehead. The scythe pierced your lung, causing it to collapse partially. According to Sasori, it was a miracle that you were able to survive for so long without intervention. He offered to turn you into a living doll, as he was, but Konan was quick to shut that down as well. 

They have to pull through, Konan feverishly thought as you sighed in your sleep, turning your head slightly. The scar that remained on your neck glistened with sweat. Konan gently touched the area. You've had worse wounds, she decided, now noticing whitened scars along your arms. They were hard to see with the visible eye, but they were there. 

How can a noble have so many scars?

You opened your eyes and sat up, causing Konan to stand and back away for a moment. You sighed, touching the injured area. It wasn't as bad as you originally thought.

"Oh, Konan," you noticed her as she glared at you, her golden eyes hard as a rock. "How long have I been out?'

"Nearly three weeks," she spoke through a clenched jaw. 

"Three weeks? Huh, strange... I normally heal faster than that, " you pondered out loud." What's my next mission?"

"You're staying here to heal," she put force behind her voice, "You need more rest, Y/N. There's no way you're going back out in this state." Konan... You felt heat cascade down your face as she turned and left the room. 

You hated the fact she had so much power over you. What are you to her?

XXXXX

"Konan, tell her how you feel..." Nagato begged, "You're beginning to really worry me here. By hiding your feelings like this-"

"This is none of your concern, Nagato!" she snapped, launching her paper at him in her rage.

"You're losing control of your emotions, which in turn, makes you lose control of your paper, Konan!" Nagato pointed out with a cough. "If you don't tell Y/N, I will!"

Konan stormed out of the office, the rest of the members scattering. They didn't like to deal with Konan when she was in such a bad mood like this.

Y/N... she thought wistfully, remembering the blush on your face as she left. Your paper crane was in her pocket, radiating the warmth she desperately wanted.  She shook her head. When Nagato is right, he is right. I have to do something about this.

But what can I do?