Sasori- Thoughts on You

"You're going to make me a puppet? Or make me into a puppet?"

Her eyes were wide and innocent, yet so full of life.

"Why Y/N?" I grumbled as I fixed the feathers on the small bird puppet. I used the remains of a dead hawk that I found outside the base. I figured that it could fly and zoom towards me if Y/N was in any danger. Although I do not believe she would ever be in danger for long; her shadow techniques would help her escape.

Despite myself, I offered to make her into a puppet. Those shadow techniques would be more beneficial in a puppet-form, and not to mention it would preserve her beauty. Her soft skin, her delicate eyes...

"Tactically, that sounds amazing, yet being mortal is more interesting to me at the moment."

I sighed as I put the strand of feathers back into place. She seemed to understand me better than I originally thought. She didn't even have any qualms of my puppets and how I got my materials. She frankly could care less; the smell would bother her once in a while, I could tell by the cute wrinkle she got above her nose, but she never complained about it.

"Sasori, here's what I propose: you create a little puppet for me to carry around, something that has a bit of your essence, so you'll be able to locate me if the need arises?"

Without looking back, I simply did what she said. This control she had over me... my canister has not stopped aching since she joined us. Y/N... my Y/N...

The leader even asked her if she wanted to change rooms.

"No; Sasori is being... overprotective. That is simply how he is." How? How do you understand me so well? What part of my self was made bear to you?

"Sasori, Itachi and I are leaving on the mission now," she approached me, adjusting her ninja gear. My canister felt hot as she looked over my work. "Oh, good idea; nice use of the blackened feathers. I might be able to use some of my chakra and keep it within the shadows, able to release it for help if need be. I suppose the question is: how would it work with your essence within the puppet? Would it move on its own without your chakra strings?"

Her eyes were so graceful, playing ever so gently with the light filtering into the room. Without thinking, I used my strings and pulled her into my lap as I worked. She stiffened as I continued to work around her. The ache in my canister was gone while she was on my lap like that; her body was pleasant and warm against my wooden body. I found my nose nuzzling her shoulder and inhaling her scent. A mixture of sweat and lavender...

"It's almost done," I mumbled as she moved to stand.

"Sasori, Itachi and I need to leave now," she said gently, her heart thundering against her ribs. I could feel each beat against my canister. "We'll be back shortly. You'll have it finished by the time I get back." My canister exploded in pain as I held her tightly with my chakra strings.

"Please don't go... not without..." I couldn't form the words.

"...Sasori, I swear to you, I will return," she smiled softly at me, tucking a piece of loose hair around my ear. "Here, I know." She slipped off her necklace: a yin/ yang bond and slid off the yin side. "Take this half of my necklace. That way, you'll know I'll always return to you." She clipped it into place around my neck as I worked. Then, she leaped off my lap and headed toward the door. "I promise, I will return." She said softly as she left the room.

My canister began to hurt unbearably and moisture began to fall from my eyes. I clutched my canister with my hand, shaking as the heat reverberated within my chest. I dropped my tools and held the necklace with my other hand as thoughts began to cross my mind.

What if she doesn't return?

What would I do then?

I got up and followed them silently. I could care less at that point if the Leader found out. I couldn't let Y/N out of my sight.

She made me feel human.