Zetsu- First Date

Leader asked you to help Zetsu clean up his garden, or the way he phrased it was- "Y/N, clean up Zetsu's area. I expect you to move in there by the end of the month."

It made you pout, as some of your plants wouldn't be able to be moved to the new location. And with Flora being a bit moody, you wondered what would happen if you left her behind... but you would cross that bridge when you got to it, you decided as you walked back.

That's when you heard a shout as Flora picked up someone and hissed at him.

"Purple plant! Why did you have to grow in a rock world?... I didn't even try..." He got munched on rapidly, as Flora grabbed the laughing ninja. 

"Arin!" he called out with more laughter, before suffering the same fate. Ugh... you shook your head  to calm yourself down. The Shinobi from the village finally figured out where you were... and many rare strains fell victim to the fires... Some that took years to cultivate correctly... They destroyed it all... 

You saw red and strangled them with your vines; throwing the fresh corpses at Flora. She ate them all up, settling down for a long sleep. She did have a larger meal than normal, after all...

Zetsu, hearing your scream from miles away, was quick to find you. He held you as you sobbed, all of your baby plants were gone... all of them... except your first baby, Flora.

"Shh..." the white side soothed as the black one growled, "They will pay for this... Definitely will pay."

"...Leader told me that I'm moving to your garden... is there enough room for Flora?" You murmured, wiping your eyes as he cradled you.

"Of course there's room. We just have to clean a bit. There are corpses everywhere..." he admitted sheepishly.

"...How about we turn it into a date?" You offered softly, "Planting new strains and cleaning?" He turned red but agreed to your idea.

You have dealt with corpses before. But, boy, did they stink up the place. You had to wear a mask as you cleaned it up. Most of the bodies had to be stripped of weapons and cloth, but then you could bury them beneath the gardens as emergency fertilizer. Since Zetsu admitted to not being able to eat such decayed corpses...

After you handled that, Zetsu got to work on building above-ground garden plots. He explained to you that it was easier to care for some strains; you smiled and nodded, letting him share information that you already know. It's just... that light his eyes as he explained it... you would do anything to keep it there.

And he was able to move Flora to the center; she seemed quite happy settling into the new soil. It made your heart swell watching Zetsu take care of her.

You sighed as Kakuzu walked back there, raising an eyebrow. You handed him his order; you were able to make it just before your garden was destroyed. And he ended up paying you extra for it too...

"Look," he said, voice gruff, "I don't normally pay extra, but that vial of Blood Poison has made it so much easier to deal with Hidan, I thought I owed you a bit more."

"Thanks... this will come in handy to rebuild my garden," you muttered.

"Rebuild?" He questioned.

"...It was burnt to a crisp," you shrugged, "But Zetsu will help me start over. He did help me with the gardening plots. Even moved my baby, Flora, here..."

"...What strains do you need?" He offered. "I can keep an eye out on the black market."

"You're willing to help me?" You responded slowly.

"...Yes, because you're more competent with poisons," he said off-handedly.

"Don't you hit on our woman, Kakuzu!" Zetsu threatened as you chuckled. Kakuzu looked from you to him, then back at you.

"Out of all the people you could potentially be with, you fall for him?" Kakuzu shook his head.

"...Not all plants choose what kind of ground to sprout in," you commented, "But they each have their needs and desires for specific nutrients."

"...I take that back, you two are perfect for each other," Kakuzu sighed heavily, shaking his head. "What plants are needed for Blood Poison? Because I want a steady supply."

"Dragon Tongue and Nightshade are easily enough to come by," you murmured, "The rare ingredient to keep an eye out for is called Glistening Black. A complete black flower, even the stem. It typically only sprouts on new moons; needs extreme shade- borderline darkroom, yet outside and air. Water needs to be acidic- typically a combination of Flora's Neurotoxin and Juniper Berries watered down." His face turned paler and paler at each word you said.

"...Glistening..." he stuttered on the word, "...fuck this, I'll just take you to the black market every so often," he sounded exasperated, "I'll pay for it."

"Very well," you nodded as Zetsu neared you both, his body language reflecting hostility. Such a jealous plant I love...

You decided to act upon his jealousy, smirking slightly. Zetsu raised an eyebrow as you pulled him closer, stealing his first kiss. You made out with him as he whimpered; you could feel him turn all sorts of colors.

When you finally broke for air, a string of salvia connecting your tongues, he looked at you in wonderment, then promptly fainted. You laughed as Kakuzu cleared his throat, wandering back inside the base, shaking his head. Why... why do all the deadly ones have to be crazy...? He wondered to himself. 

"Oh, what am I going to do with you..." you sighed,  having Zetsu rest his head on your lap while you played slightly with his hair, "My silly little flytrap?"