Tobi- Realization

Tobi was on a fast recovery from his illness. That was good. Very good. You sighed as you prepped food for everyone. Meatloaf tonight!

You thought to yourself while you prepared dinner. I wonder how Tobi gained his scars, poor dear... And what's with Leader being afraid of him? I will admit it's quite odd to have black chakra, but Tobi does seem harmless enough as it is...

"Y/N? You're alive?" You gasped, spinning around to face M/N (Male Name.) He glared at you as your heart thundered against your chest. You took a step backward, the dish sitting on the edge of the counter shattering against the floor. Glancing at the back doorframe, you deduced you had little to no chance of escape.

"...What do you want?" You sighed, not noticing Tobi peeking into the room.

"I see the acid that I threw at you didn't kill you, unfortunately. I suppose I could just outright kill you here?" He tilted his head to the side, eyes blank.

"Why are you targeting me?! I had nothing to do with-" you squeaked, trembling as he neared you. He held you by your throat as you gasped, struggling within his grasp.

"His blood flows through your veins, Y/N," he began to strangle you, "You're a tainted woman and will always be so. You should just kill your self to save me the trouble." He threw you against the alternate wall, making dishes shatter more around you.

You were helpless, you had to admit as you struggled to stand on your feet. Your father, Hanzo of the Salamander, only used you for extra chakra storage and amusement... He was no father to you.

M/N approached you again, kneeling to your level. He made you look at him,

"No one would miss such a terrible woman..." he chuckled, grabbing a kunai and holding it against your throat.

"M/N. Let her go." Your eyes widened as Tobi approached, his voice losing its childlike tone.

"She's the daughter of Hanzo; she deserved-"

"Never compare me to that scum," you spat out, your chakra levels flaring to the point of action. M/N chuckled, angling the kunai to slice your throat. You closed your eyes, waiting for the contact of the cool metal against your burning skin.

Instead, you heard M/N's screams of terror.

"Y/N, keep your eyes closed tightly!" Tobi demanded, his voice distant and darkened. You nodded in understanding, kneeling upon the floor, hands strangling the cloth around your thighs. You shook as the screams turned into gurgles and then silence. "... OK, Y/N... you can open your eyes now..."

You peeked through your lashes. There was no trace of M/N anywhere; only broken dishes left upon the floor. You sighed, your body drooping forward in relief.

"Y/N? You're OK..." you felt Tobi's hands wipe away the water from your face. Oh, you smiled, raising your arm, you didn't realize you were crying.

"Thank you, Tobi," you sighed, standing up and dusting yourself off. You glanced around and thought for a brief moment. Shattered dishes... better than M/N, you had to admit...

"...M/N threw the acid on you?" He asked softly.

"Yes..." you admitted, "But I suppose I deserved it..."

"You thought you deserved that?!" His tone gained an edge, "Y/N, listen to me." His voice became full of authority. "I have great hatred for Hanzo, but you? No. Not a single drop. You're too good of a woman for him, for any pain... I love you, Y/N... I will protect you, Y/N... please be mine?" He tilted his head to the side.

"...Yes, Tobi..." you nodded, wiping the freshly spilled tears from your eyes. You grabbed a broom. "What's your real name, Tobi?"

"?!"

"I know it's not truly Tobi. You cringe the moment someone says it ever so slightly, dear," You admitted, pushing the hair out of your face, "I didn't think you were comfortable enough to share it with me. Perhaps you're still not... but I would like to know it?"

"I'm not ready to tell you yet..." he shook his head, "But maybe someday..." you smiled and nodded in understanding.

"Well, Tobi; thank you for protecting me!" You chuckled.

"Don't worry, Y/N-Chan! Tobi will sweep up the glass too! You'll see!" He regained his childlike voice. It was enough...