Sasori- Realization

It was meant to be a simple mission. Take the scroll and get out of the area. All you had to do was meet with the ninja carrying the scroll, take it and leave. Outside the Amegakure Village.

You sensed something amiss, so you slipped into Itachi's shadow. Good thing you did, too; it was an ambush and he was captured. Oddly enough, he didn't use his Sharigan, making you question whether or not this was merely a test of your skill.

You shifted ever-so-slightly in the shadows, awaiting for nightfall before using your plan of escape. Itachi raised an eyebrow at you, but didn't make a sound as more ninja walked in front of his cage.

"Now, Itachi," you hissed, "Is this a test of my skill?"

"...Yes," you saw his lips move.

"...So I can't kill them... Be quiet until nightfall, then we'll move." You slipped out of his shadow and into the patrolling ninja's, finding out where the scroll was kept. Hmm...

XXXXX

You quickly knocked out the guard and grabbed the scroll, hiding it within your chakra stream for safe keeping. Then, you unlocked the door, throwing the unconscious guard in there with the keys, as Itachi sighed.

"Before you lose your temper at me; I alerted Leader to not do this..." he replied wearily.

"I know, Itachi," you sighed, leading the way out of the prison without being spotted. Easy enough; shadow cloak jutsu works wonders during the night. "I am not mad at you; I am quite dismayed at Leader- is that Sasori?!" You facepalmed as he brought out his puppets and began to fight the ninja.

"He's obsessed with you... Kakuzu will be-"

"Kakuzu will be what? He's not my ward," you snapped.

"No, but he is your father. He confided in me and Kisame," Itachi stated smoothly as you turned to him with wide eyes.

"He claims I'm his-"

"Yes. States that he had an affair with your mother; you look just like her except for the green eyes you inherited from him?"

"...Of all the damn times to tell me, why now?!" You hissed as Sasori began to lose the battle.

"To see how well you work under pressure," Itachi responded.

"...You're an ass, Itachi. You and Leader both..." you sighed, quickly leaping into the fray to protect Sasori. Pushing out every thought that crossed your mind, you made short work of the shinobi attacking.

Sasori sighed, letting down his guard for a brief moment; allowing a lucky hit from behind. Before it connected with him, you used your Jutsu: Weaves of Shadow- by dipping into Sasori's shadow, you created shrouds around him, sheltering him from any physical attack. But the attack would harm your body in his stead.

The kunai was dipped in poison, you hissed as you deflected it. Of course it was...and it had to be your face, nearly dismembering your eye...

You held out until you were able to get both Sasori and Itachi out of there without more incident.

"...I've been hit..." you admitted, holding your eye in its socket as blood spilled over your hands, "Sasori, you're carrying me back to base. Itachi, please explain about Kakuzu being my father; tell me what he told you?"

"You are bleeding..." Sasori winced. "You wouldn't be if you were a pupp-"

"Sasori," you gained an edge in your voice, making his canister quiver. You quickly wrapped it up, as Itachi gulped. "You nearly costed me my mission and my life. If I didn't have a crush on your cute red doll head, I would kill you myself." You sighed, recomposing yourself. "Look: I've been poisoned. We'll talk about the puppet thing later. Right now, just carry me back to base. You weren't even meant to be here in the first place..."

"Yes, Doll..."

"Doll? Is that what you're going to be- you know what? Fine, fine... can we go please?" You asked wearily. Stupid poison. It was weak, that much you knew; but you still hated the feelings.

He carried you on his back as Itachi explained what he knew.

XXXXX

"Leader," your voice had that same edge when you talked to Sasori outside of the village. "May I suggest NOT trying to kill new members to test their abilities in combat?" Sasori felt a bit jealous as the Leader somewhat shrunk beneath your gaze. He only wanted you to use that tone with him...

"Er... do you have the scroll?" Leader sighed.

"Yes," you produced the scroll within your hands with a few hand signals, "I hid it within my chakra stream. Quite a useful technique. Oh, and I heard from Kakuzu that I'm his daughter? So I'd I do happen to get hurt, he'll probably come after you directly..." you shaded as Leader turned pale. "Be careful who you make enemies with, Leader..."

"Noted..." he sighed.

Sasori grabbed you by the arm and took you right back to your shared bedroom. Pulling you securely into his lap, your face resting on his canister, you dozed as he worked on his puppets.

"Hey, Y/N?" He asked, the sound reverberating through his canister.

"Hmm?" You made a sound, not fully awake.

"We are dating now, correct?" Sasori asked softly.

"Yes," you sighed, snuggling back into him.

"Just confirming."

"Hm..." you nearly fell back asleep after the 5 minute period of silence.

"Doll, I-"

"Wake me again, Sasori," you hissed, subconsciously pulling him closer to your body,"And I will destroy your puppet..."

"Yes, Doll..." he smiled into your hair as you fell back asleep. You would shift slightly, left-right-left, once in awhile; that's how you snuggled in your sleep.

Oh, Doll, Sasori gently rubbed your soft skin on your back, I love you.