Kisame- Thoughts on You

*WARNING- Y/N's backstory isn't nice! It's full of implications of rape and abuse and blood! You have been warned!*

Y/N curled up on the water bed as I sighed, Samehada purring in the corner. Explaining what I knew to Leader was easier said than done.

Although, we both knew who was to blame...

"...Mother?" Y/N whispered in her disillusioned sleep. Her body began to jerk as she relived her nightmare. PTSD... damn, that must suck...

"She's not here, Y/N," I yawned, giving her head a quick scratch. She rolled over and fell back asleep not too long afterward. "... Damn that Danzo..."

XXXXX

"Explain again," Leader demanded as I sighed. Y/N dozed in my arms, completely knocked out.

"Leader, I don't know if this is all true, but this is what Y/N revealed to me," I started off with a sigh. "Danzo Shimura mated with her mother, resulting in her. Or at the very least, that was what she was told when she was young. Her mother believed she could tap into the dark essence of the chakra through Y/N. But the only way to do so was these ritualistic, sadistic torturing techniques that were forced upon her. They called themselves the Shinobi of Darkness; a terrifying cult lead by Danzo himself." I held her closer as her body curled up slightly more.

"Similar to Jashin?" The leader asked.

"Does Jashin condone the rape of children?" I asked, smoothing the curls from her forehead. "Because that's what happened in some of these rituals. She was barely older than 10. The more damage they did to her, the more powerful the darkness within her screamed. Until she could no longer contain it and murdered most of its members. She was aiming for them all. But F/N managed to escape, with some others. Y/N will never forgive them for what they did to her, Leader; bringing F/N in here will just set off her blood lust. All it takes is her scent..."

"A mere scent can set her off?"

"Y/N was kept in the dark for most of her life; blindfolded as these rituals were taken place. Her sense of hearing and smell was the only way she could distinguish who was who. Oddly enough, it's not scent like lavenders or vanilla; it's chakra she can smell. Everyone has a unique chakra scent, according to Y/N; it's something you cannot change. At least not easily."

"... Can she sense Danzo?"

"Yes, she can. She will not hesitate to rip out his throat."

"... Very well. She will stay with us. But Kisame, she better be under great control of her blood lust ability. I assume you have a handle on that?"

"Yes, Leader."

"Very good. She will be paired with you and Itachi. Now... have her rest for the time being..." The leader sighed, turning from me. I picked her up easily and carried her back to our room.

XXXXX

"... Chi No Hi... The day of blood..." Y/N sat up with a shiver.

"How are you feeling, Y/N?" I turned toward her. I sat on the bed, keeping a close eye on her as Samehada rested in the corner.

"... I killed so many..." she whispered, glancing at her hands, "... Did they all deserve it, Kisame?" Unshed tears sparkled in her eyes, causing my heart to pound rapidly. Oh, Y/N...

"Yes, yes they did. They hurt you, Y/N. They deserved to die," I swore on my breath, nearly growling. Even Samehada agreed, flickering its ribbon sheathe in agitation.

"But... the way I killed them... I brought their blood through their lungs, making them drown..." Y/N began to sob. "It-it was brutal!"

"But also what they did to you. No one should have to suffer the way you did, Y/N." She threw herself at me, crying into my chest. "I won't let you suffer anymore..."

"There- There was so much blood, Kisame! It was everywhere!" She trembled, "Even in my dreams I can taste the bitterness!" I sighed, gently rubbing her back, tracing an old deep scar.

"Don't worry; they won't hurt you again. I won't let them, Y/N," I squeezed her tighter as she broke in front of me. Y/N always had a tough facade on; missions never bothered her, neither did killing nor blood. Her eyes would flash at points, but she would always remain calm and collected.

But in these moments, when her fears overtake her senses; when her blood lust gets the better of her. This is when she was the most fragile. Where my heart will break if she isn't taken care of...

I will protect Y/N with my life. Because I...

I have fallen in love with a monster just like me.