Itachi- Thoughts on You

I handed our leader the scroll, as he raised an eyebrow.

"Next time, if you wish to test Y/N, please allow me to do so."

"...So you figured it out, hm?" The leader sighed, "She was quick to discover it... that's good. Hm... I'll put her on Sasori's team; she will do more good -"

"She will be paired with me and Kisame," my voice gained a dangerous undertone.

"...Very well." He did not challenge me. I sighed as the door closed behind me. I walked through to my room, leaning against the door.  Y/N...

"Itachi?" She tilted her head toward me, her eyes bandaged. I smiled softly at her. She overused her eyes during that mission. Even though blind, she was able to- to react. It was amazing, watching her move so silently and precisely without being able to see...

"Yes, Y/N. It is time for some more medicine." The corners of her mouth twitched; she was fighting back a smile...

Ah... that mission. I smiled as I dabbed her eyes with the ointment. We...

*************
"Ah, I'm scared," she clung to me as we made our way into the temple. The "priests" were quite accommodating...

I had half a mind to use my Sharingan, but Y/N stopped me, clutching to me seductively. She was very communicative with her eyes. I knew exactly what she wanted to do.

They lead us right into the chamber with the scroll. And then they got ready to fight. She screamed and fainted, right on cue and I tended to her.

"W-What are you doing...? A-Are you S-rank criminals?!" I sounded scared. I pretended I was fighting bile from going up my throat. "L-Look, all-all we want is directions to the neighboring village-the-the one with the fox guardian! Please, can't you direct us there?! All we wish... is to... get married... my beautiful maiden and I..." I feigned sadness in my voice, "Our parents will not allow us to be together... so please; please help us out..."

"...He's being serious..." one man commented. The other priest nodded.

"We apologize, sir," he offered meekly, "We were told to look out for a maiden and a man. They will attempt to steal the scroll here..."

"Why? Whatever for?" I gasped, as I held Y/N in my arms. Her body was limp but her heartbeat erratically...

"This scroll contains the origin of the Fox Eye and how the Sharigan came to be. If this falls into the wrong hands, only God will know what to do..."

"...We are not ninja," I murmured softly, "We are just two star crossed lovers..." I smoothed the stray hair from her forehead. "May we stay the night? We will leave tomorrow morning..." I sighed, turning to Y/N.

"Of course," the priest accepted us quickly, leading us to a spare room. "Allow me to go get some cold water for her forehead... please excuse me..."

The moment the door closed, her eyes opened and she looked around. Her eyes were red and sharp. Fox's eye...

"Love, where are we?" She asked tiredly yet sharply. I understood at once that there was someone outside the door.

"The temple, dear," I said softly, searching her eyes. She pursed her lips. "Please, rest. The priest went to get some cold water. You feinted, my love..." Her eyes flickered to the door.

"We have 3 minutes..." she muttered, getting up and touching the door. She fiddled with a small contraption on the door. "They always stick if you hit the gears right..."

"..." Her beautiful scowl and look of determination... Oh, my...

"There's the ventilation shaft that leads right through the chamber. A bit rudimentary but doable. You stay here and I'll be right back..." she pushed out a small stone block and crawled right into the space.