Itachi- Cat Trouble

"Kisame, why is Itachi a cat?" You asked as you held the black cat in your arms. He purred politely as you itched his head behind his ears, giving a soft mewl when you stopped.

"Fuck if I know, Y/N," he started to pick his ear, "We we're fighting some ninja, and some asshole chucked a cat at him. Scratched his cheek as he took a moment to put the thing down. I killed the ninja, then he turned into this fuzzball..."

"Mm... he looks like a Bomboy breed, actually..." you mused as he head butted under your chin, licking the small area as you giggled, "They're known to be attention seekers- suckers for warm body heat, love to be held, that sort of thing..." He purred a bit louder, curling around your shoulders on the outside of your Akatsuki jacket. "...For now, we need to let Leader know. Itachi is out of comission until this passes..." you raised an eyebrow as you scratched his cheek, making him purr the loudest you heard. "Odds are, I'll be paired with you for missions until-" Itachi growled, ending with a hiss at Kisame. "Oh, he's a jealous type..." you giggled. Kisame began to poke his face a bit as Itachi flicked his tail in agitation, "Stop that, you're annoying him..."

"No worries. I'll request Kakuzu for now,"
Kisame smirked, "You should keep Jealous boy here occupied~" Just then, Itachi let out another loud kiss, scratching Kisame's hand hard enough to draw blood. "Shit..."

"If you turn into a cat, too, I'm not taking care for you..." you told him with a blank stare. Itachi purred in approval as Kisame backed up a few feet.

"Duly noted," he smirked, "Mrs. Itachi." You flushed scarlet as he laughed on his way out of your room. Ever since he found out about that mission, where you two had to fake being fiancées, he kept calling you "Mrs. Itachi." It never failed to make you blush...

So you began to care for Itachi while looking up what this phenomenon was considered. Apparently, as Kakuzu gave you the medicine, this was an illness called Gatophernia- it uses the chakra systems to turn the patient into a cat for 2-4 weeks. And aftereffects can include purring and maybe even cat ears and a tail... Not that Itachi wouldn't look good in that, you shook your head of the thought with another long blush, you just wanted him back to normal.

So you spent your days resting and caring for him. Wherever you went, he followed you. You did end up eating a lot of take out, since you couldn't cook worth a damn, but Itachi didn't seem to mind too much... or so you hoped...

But you had to admit, you never knew he would be vying for your attention so much. When you sat down to read a book, he would first leap into your lap for cheek scratches. If that wasn't enough for him, he would head butt your chin with a soft mewl to get more scratches. And if he really wanted you to himself, he would manage to push the book out of your hands and get scratches on both cheeks from you as you giggled. That's when he purred the loudest...

Must be one of his favorite spots to be touched, you smiled as he curled up upon your lap once more. He ended up turning back in the middle of the night, silently moving from your sleeping form to make you breakfast.

When you woke up, he put the tray of food upon your lap, smiling softly at you.

"How are you doing today, my dear?" He asked as you reached over to caress his cheeks. Just as expected, he turned a bit red as you rubbed them a bit. He ended up putting his hands upon your own as he seemingly melted into your touch.

Unfortunately, you pouted, you didn't get to hear him purr. He was one of the lucky few who didn't have any after effects...

But he did curl up next to you, demanding your attention as you read with one hand and ate with the other...

Then again, you realized with a laugh, he always did that when you were together before dating... soft touches, caresses, tapping on your shoulder...

You must have been blind... you laughed at yourself as he looked at you quizzically.