Chapter 9

Kids, lots and lots of kids. Only a couple of days passed and now you had to get to know other kids. Since you don't know either how to read or even write, your parents couldn't afford hiring a tutor, so you had to start learning with very small young kids. Not even your sister was there and it was rather embarrassing.

It was okay, you had told them. You didn't need to read, you knew how to clean and cook. With that you would be able to even find a job to help out but they refused. So now here you were, many observed with curiosity, while others didn't care other than to just play with the rest. 

The first day was uneventful, so did the second and so on so forth. By the first week, you were learning faster than expected. But it was all the effort you made trying to learn as much as possible, some times you even sacrificed any free time you had. 

As for [S\N], she already knew plenty and although she was sent to school, she wanted to try something else. Right after she learned of the academy, she insisted that that was where she wanted to be. Why and so sudden? You could not understand as to why.

What was more than clean, was that even if they did not mean it, she was their favorite child. They acted so affectionate with her. They were affectionate with you but not...The same, sometimes it even felt forced.  Of course it was going to happen, after you were taken, she was the only thing they had. They pampered her, always keeping her happy. So, they made sure to enroll her to the academy even if they disagreed. 

Soon after, you learned that she had made new friends and you were not surprised really, she was rather friendly with people and seemed to get along with just anyone.

As for you, you...You did not have friends, it felt weird to the whole thing. Getting to know other people on that personal level. You've spent years with the same girls, and even then, you didn't get the time to play around. The days you all had, were filled with mostly chores and more chores and sometimes with the girls. You didn't get a childhood, you didn't know how to make friends...The only ones you had were the girls, but even then, when they saw what you did they had been so afraid. They had been terrified and that fear made them forget all the memories you all made together. It stung, it burned to know they had forgotten about you. You didn't and even if you tried, you probably wouldn't be able to. 

The way back home felt lonelier than usual as you thought of all the things that had happened so far. That is, until your gaze spotted a young boy, dark hair and  his equally dark eyes. Eyes that seemed to glare at you. It had been a while since you saw him walk by the orphanage on his way to the academy. 

Looking at the side, you attempted to walk past him, not wanting to misunderstand the reason for him to stand in front of you. He could be waiting for someone else , but just as you walked past him, there was the sound of his voice. "I know what you did."

That sentence was simple and short, and yet, it was enough to make your eyes widen, sent your heart racing.You froze, as images flashed in front of your eyes. Moments of your past six years clouded your vision, there had been happy moments with Hina and the others but, all you could remember was Junko's mocking face. "W-" a gulp of saliva traveled dawn your throat but even so, it was so difficult to speak. You felt like you were drowning in your own saliva, as if you were chocking.

"Follow me."  His legs moved, snapping you out of your daze, and continued to work forward. 

Was he talking about that? If so, how did he know? Besides, how could a nine year old kid know such a thing? You watched him walk, and you tried to convince yourself that it's nothing. But when you bring yourself to leave, but your body followed his instructions and trailed right after him.

One he came to a stop, you both were standing in what seemed the middle of a forest. There were trees everywhere, and no people around. It was exactly as how that place you used to live looked. There were no people around, and it was surrounded by hopelessness. No hope to scape. Your body began to shake at the mere thought of that, at how it made you feel. It felt like you were back there, staring at every direction with no possibility of escaping.

"It's true." He noticed how your eyes looked around, and he could see the desperation in your eyes. "You're that girl, you killed those men." 

You lowered your head and just looked at the ground and perhaps in shame. Because that was what everyone made you feel, to know that you've killed. Even if you killed criminals. "Then if you know, why even ask."

The boy could only see how troubled you looked, afraid even. "Tell something," he wanted you to look at him but you didn't, "did you ever come across by someone named Itachi Uchiha?"

Again, no response from you other than grasping your head for a moment. A couple of minutes passed before you let out a deep breath and finally raised your head. "No." despite how tense your body looked, your voice sounded calm. "I don't know, why?" 

By the end he could hear some sharpness in your voice. "That's none of your business." Whatever he needed to know was obtained, he observed you for a moment. "By the way, the names Sasuke." 

Withing seconds, he was out of your vision. You remain rooted to that spot, mind racing. There are some serious issues with you. Things have turned for the better, you have your family now, and you no longer live that life. However, no matter how much you try to forget what you have lived through, you cannot get over it. You cannot forget how that woman treated you, physically and mentally abused you.

You've heard that time healed everything, but what if it's not true? Were the other girls able to heal their wounds? They suffered too, probably more than you but couldn't you just...Be happy and forget it?

Your mind is too focused trying to find answers that you do not feel the tears, tear of frustration and anger. Hina's laugh echoed in your ears. Hina. At the mere thought of her name made your heart ache. That woman took the role of your mother, she had suffered so much and yet, she made sure to make you happy. Made sure to keep you safe. 

She wasn't able to be free like you and the other girls...Maybe if...Maybe if you had killed those bastards before she was taken, she would be alive! She would be here with you!

Snarling, you look around for the exit only to be clouded by your tears. Quickly and without caring, you cleaned the tears and storm off. 

As you leave, you haven't seen two form who had been watching. One younger and the other older.

The two of them had different thoughts as they watched you leave. The older one glanced back at the hidden form of Sasuke. The young boy observed you, and Kakashi could see interest in his eyes. What made him worry was that Sasuke and you shared the same look, a gaze filled with thrist of revenge. 

As Kakashi left, he could only hope that you would heal and accept the life you had now been offered because you've suffered enough.

Sasuke however, could only think of how you reminded him of himself, but unlike him,  you took revenge. He wondered how it felt to be able to kill what you hated the most. Maybe, maybe one day he'll find out.