Chapter 51

Picture does not belong to me. 

--

History is an important part of people's lives, of their past. It is important to know what happened in the past, and most of that history is passed generation to generation. However, most of history is changed when passed down, and sometimes is changed willingly by people. They changed it for their own benefit, to hide what they do not want to be seen. 

It wasn't new, and for that very reason Time Keepers existed. They were created to travel to the past and explore history so that it could be written and shared among common folk. 

But throughout the years wars increased and the desire to win lead them to try to use these people. That was why they hid themselves from the rest of humanity. They only appeared to share the truth, and if whomever was looking for them managed to find them. However, they only shared their knowledge of the past and nothing else. 

It was something Izuna had heard as a child, it was what Madara was told as a child too. But with generations of not hearing from them, people became to believe they were nothing but just a myth. 

How could it be a myth?  No, they couldn't. Then how would it explain the appearance of someone in the Senju territory? For someone to enter their territory it would require great skill and power, even Izuna and Madara had not been successful in that task.

He was in their possession, but even so, did they had an idea of who he was and what power he held specially in times like this? Probably not. 

Izuna hurried, he quickened his steps almost running to Madara's room. It was late, his older brother already asleep and although he had hesitated at first, Izuna could not wait until morning. 

When he arrives to his brother's room, he almost opened it but as the clan's leader, he at least deserved to be respected. So, he took a deep breath and knocked continuously until the door was opened. 

The exhausted expression on Madara's face almost made Izuna regret coming to talk to him this late, but maybe this would bring him some peace. "What is it?" The exhaustion turned to worry, if Izuna was here it must be important. 

The younger male glanced around, "may we speak inside? It's important."

Madara moved inside and allowed Izuna to enter. Once inside, Madara took a seat on his bed. His brother almost began to speak, but he couldn't help but stare at the slouched form of his brother. He was tired, he was exhausted and filled with stress. The war with the Senju was killing their people, and if they didn't do anything, they would lose the battle. 

"The Senju," hearing that name, Madara's form tensed, "have a visitor."

They may be unable to invade their territory, but their stupid servants were sociable, even at times like this. So it wasn't hard for the news to reach Izuna. "Someone who we should be concerned about?"

Izuna nodded, he wouldn't say concerned..."Do you remember the Time Keepers," before the older Uchiha spoke, he continued, "someone magically appeared in their territory. We've been trying to invade it, and we've been unsuccessful. It has to be one of them."

Madara's tired eyes softened as he took in his brother's form. Izuna looked  equality as tired as him, it was upsetting that he would go as far to believe such a myth...For the sake of the Uchiha. 

"I know how this sounds," Izuna attempted to look, to plan on how to say what he thought. Yes, it sounded insane and just ridiculous but it must be true. "Their servants have been talking, they say this person simply appeared out of nowhere and he didn't know how he got there."

"We have a meeting tomorrow morning," Madara rubbed his eyes, lately he had been getting no sleep for the past two weeks. If he did, if they did get sleep only for one maybe two hours of sleep. The stress of the war was depriving them from the rest, all the while they...Furrowing his eyebrows and rubbing his eyes again, he looked as his brother. The dryness of his eyes, reminded him that while they were sleep deprived, the Senju even had the audacity to have family meetings..."Let us say they do exist, and that visitor is indeed one of them, what is exactly what you intend to do with this information?" 

Izuna felt his heart pound against his chest, despite the exhaustion, for a moment a rush of adrenaline pumped through his veins. "They have vast knowledge of the past," he let that information sink in and sure enough, Madara's eyes began to regain life. "Their past. This is their past in their timeline, he knows the outcome of the war, details of the war of our people, those killed and those who will be killed. They have a time keeping, they keep records of what happened, if we win this war or if we lose."

Letting out a sigh, Madara nodded. "But if they're here then that means they're only here to confirm their history they have in their time matches. So, their history may not even hold the truth."

That was true, but what they had in their record, in their memory must hold some truth to it. "But part of it may be true, and we can use it to our advantage."

"If they exist, and as far as I know they have a code. They will not break it, we can torture him all we want but they will never speak." A code, a code those so cold Time Keepers lived by. 

"Humans are humans," Izuna added. It was rather odd, he was just a kid when his mother told them about them. At first his memories were a little foggy, and it took a him a few hours of trying to recollect those memories. Once he did, it was clearer and clearer. "Humans are weak and it is a matter of hard work and training in order to withstand torture. Sometimes even well trained will speak when tortured. He is a Time Keeper, not Ninja, they're not trained to withstand pain like we are. He'll talk," Izuna clenched his hands, "I'll make him talk."

For minutes Madara looked at his brother, pondering if it was the right choice to believe this brother. But he could not say no to him, and Madara wouldn't be honest with himself if he said he wasn't desperate. He wanted nothing but win this war, they've lost so much...So many people. "Very well," standing up Madara continued, "he will be your mission. However, you're not to accomplish this mission on your own. Take some of our best men and if in danger, retreat."

Izuna wasn't told twice, and with a new resolve he left Madara to rest for the rest of the night. He doubted that he could, the pressure on his brother was too great that it caused him so much stress. 

This mission sounded impossible, maybe it could be...But then again, Time Keepers were not supposed to travel during a war...If so...They wouldn't stay longer at the Senju territory...That time Keeper...Will surely make a mistake and Izuna will be waiting to take advantage of it. 

What Izuna or Madara didn't know...What the rest of the Time Keepers didn't know was...That they were so very wrong. The time Keeper they were talking about wasn't a he...But a she.