Chapter 26

Note: I am sorry guys that there has not been much of the Naruto cast, but there will be! I promise! For the time being I want to show you guys the reader's growth and what makes her, her. So for now, please bear with me! Thank you! 

___

"There's something odd, they are taking too long to leave." Oshin commented as they had their eyes glued to the cave.

Benjiro frowned knowing exactly what he meant, the fire had been long gone by now but there was no movement. It could endanger their mission but it had to be done. "I'll go and check, you both stay on guard."

Upon his commend, he silently made his way towards the cave. They had been quite far, so he used the tree branches to transport himself closer. Once he landed just outside of the cave, he took out a kunai. With attentive eyes, he inspected every single detail of the cave as he walked in. Thanks to the sun rising now, his eyes were able to see the inside of the cave clearly and there was nothing inside.

As he walked further inside the cave, he expected to see anything but blood on the ground. The mere sight of it shouldn't have sent a tabbing of fear that penetrated his heart. Kneeling down, his fingers touched the blood, but because it was exposed the the air and coldness of the ground, it became just a red coat covering the small area on the ground. That blood could have belonged to anyone, but his mind told him otherwise.As he continued further in, he noticed another small exit. That's when his theory was confirmed. Something must have prevented you to scream as you were dragged to another exit. You had realized that if they were taking another route, he and his companions would lose track of you. So, you must have done something trying to alert them and in the process, you had been wounded.

He cursed out loud, echoing withing the cave's walls. If they had not been so careless, you should not have exposed yourself to harm. Not only that, they completely had given a headstart for the males to get away. 

Letting out a growl, he made his way out of the cave to alert the others. "They're gone!" He announced as his heart was fueled with rage.

"That's not possible! We did not move from our positions." Puzzled, Oshin replied.

"There's another exit." Narrowing his eyes. "They either knew we were following them or they had everything planned just in case they were being followed. I found blood so I assume [Name] is wounded as a result of alerting us without revealing her identity."

"If that's the case, we should track them before it's too late. We already have a disadvantage since we don't know when they left." Haru explained, even if their mind at some point begged for sleep, the adrenaline pumping through their veins placed their mind in an alert mode.

With a nod, they all hurried  before it was truly late. Their search continued for days and not there was not even a clue as to where you would be. It was only a week later that Benjiro decided that it was futile. Whatever they went, you were out of their grasp.

"This is getting us nowhere." Frustrated, Bejiro growled, he was tired and the others were too. They hadn't taken any rest, trying to track you down but their search was fruitless. "Haru and I will head back to the Sand Village and inform the Kazekage about our current situation. Oshin, return to the inn and continue  with your undercover alias . Keep your ears open for anything that may help us find [Name], is that clear?"

With the unexpected turn of events, it was the best course of action. While Oshin returned to the Inn with a broken heart upon his daughter's disappearance. Haru and Benjuro continued their journey back to the village. 

Once there, they rushed to see the Kazekage. Everyone around the office was busy, and they knew why. But that was not their concern now, they were there for a reason.