Chapter 59

It was strange that you weren't feeling anxious anymore when you were at the presence of men. The four individuals didn't make you feel on edge, didn't make your body run on adrenaline as if you had to be ready any give moment.

Being in their presence, you felt safe. Two of them were hearing at each other but even if there was hostility towards each other you felt safe. They made you feel like that.

They were strangers or at least, they used to be, they had been nothing but kind to you. "How do we know that you were not the ones responsible for her wound?" Tobimara brought you back to the present as said male noticed the bandages under your clothing. "As far as we know, you wanted her for information."

The stab wound was recent and he also noticed how you restricted your shoulder movement. "That was true," you replied turning to Madara and Izuna. The males returned your gaze but Madara's emotions were unreadable, Izuna seemed... Worried. "But they didn't, they were actually quite hospitable. They told you the truth. "

Hashirama nodded as he let out a sigh of relief. He motioned for you to move towards them. As you did you smiled at Madara and Izuna, and although there was still hints of sadness behind your smile, t was genuine. " Thank you both for everything. "

Izuna seemed to want to reach out but stopped himself when his eyes caught Tobimara's glare. He composed himself and settled for giving you a nod instead. Finally your feet carried you to Hashirama's side and remained there for a couple of minutes.

The Uchiha and the Senju stared at each other, as if this would be the last time the four of them would be able to stand this close without trying to kill each other.

Soon it was time to go, Hashirama grabbed grabbed your elbow and gently placed his other arm under your legs and lifted you up. Without waiting for your complaint, he took off, Tobimara following right behind.

You turned to your side to glance back, only to see Madara and Izuna looking back at you. Knowing that this would be the last time you would see them, you used your good arm and waved goodbye to them. Izuna was the only one to return the action and he didn't stop until you could no longer see them both.

When you arrived to their home, you were placed down on the ground. However, Tobimara was furious. "Do you really want to die that bad?"

You were safe here, there had been no need to escape. They never gave you a reason to... Well, except for concidering to allow those men to take you with them. "I apologize, I know you mean nothing but my well-being. But you were concidering allowing them to take me."

Hashirama pursed his lips, "that was our mistake, and I apologize in return. However, if we had taken a moment to speak then none of this would have happened. You wouldn't have..." His eyes shifted to your shoulder, he came closer and hesitantly placed his hand on your unharmed shoulder. When you didn't flinch away, he pulled you forward towards him into a hug. "I'm glad you're safe and back with us. I promise that while you remain here, you will be protected."

When you pulled back, you noticed Tobimara just watching with no frown, just staring. "Thank you...I promise I was not harmed while I was with them. Actually," your gaze shifted to the ground. There was a slight heaviness in your chest, "they made me realize that although I feel safe here with all of you, I must return."

"That's foolish. The Uchiha are nothing but savages." Tobimara growled.

"Why..." You paused, "I didn't quite get to ask the details.. If you're interested perhaps we can exchange knowledge. My future for your past?"

"That's the reason they're trying to kill you idiot. Forget it."

Tobimara was not having it, and it wasn't because of the risk of changing the future. He seemed to actually be worried for you. " It's just my story and... "You glanced from Hashirama to Tobimara. " Perhaps once I'm gone and the both of you... In the future... You can manage to do something about it... Don't... Don't do it for my sake but the sake of many young children and their own future. "No one moved as you stared to talk. You talked, giving them every single detail, including the corruption of officials of some villages. People that were supposed to protect the innocent, they were actually taking part of burning kids.

When you were finished, you noticed the disgusted expressions on their faces. "Why wo-" Hashirama wasn't even able to finish his sentence with how disgusted he was.

"Your leaders are not doing anything about it? They're as bad as the ones doing all the harm. They're monsters."

" They were trying, but their system is not perfect. Some are found guilty some aren't and they're set free." Because they were really trying, but Tobimara was not wrong though. They were not trying good enough.

"You... You tried to end it by yourself?" Hashirama questioned, and although he seemed saddened by this outcome, he also seemed impressed.

Rafu's and Toyo's faces flashed in front of you and you couldn't help but smile. "Toyo and Rafu helped me achieve all that we achieved. They...They actually used to work for the slave trade, they kidnapped girls but they were tired of it. They wanted to atone their wrongs and they did, we managed to free a lot of girls."

Their faces softened, "you're a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for." Tobimara spoke, "not everyone would have found the strength to do what you did despite what you went through. "

"We," Hashirama began as he began to walk, "the Senju and Uchiha were mercenaries. Whenever someone needed us to fight at a war, we were hired and the opposing side would hire the Uchiha. Throughout the years, the loss of our people and their people have fueled their anger and our people's too. "

But now none of them seemed to know how to stop everything now. " The power rests in your hands and Madara's hands too." Your eyes shifted to Tobimara and then Hashirama. " From my perspective, this war doesn't make any sense. In fact, some of you look so exhausted by it." They both stopped, Hashirama knew it was true. He has so sick of it. "In my future, I'm facing my own kind of war but you know what's worse than those who are evil? Those who stand aside and do nothing about it(by Einstein)." Your body almost gave up on you as your eyes blocked out for a couple of seconds.

Tobimara and Hashirama rushed to you, Tobimara caught you before your body landed on the ground. 'Toyo... ' In the back of your mind there was a call, a male's voice. You shook your head and when you regained consciousness, you tried to stand up again.

"Are you okay?" Hashirama's voice sounded to worried, he grasped your gave between his hands as his brother helped you stand. "What's... I'll get you some medical help..."

But again your sight turned black as your body gave up on you again. 'Wake up you bastard.' In the back of your head, you heard the voice once more and this time you recognized the voice; Rafu. The usual energy and enthusiasm was no longer there. He sounded so tired and broken.

Something inside of you stirred, and you knew, you just knew you were going back. "I... I think... Before I go..." You fought to keep a clear mind as your eyes turned to the brothers and smiled. "I hope you all stop this war before you kill each other. I really, really don't want this to be the last time that I see you four." And even if you were still in Tobimara's arms, your body lost strength. "I want to-"

Their eyes widened as your body began to be surrounded by chakra, and no matter how tight Tobimara held on to you he knew he couldn't keep you here. His arms tried his best to keep you closer to his form, "see you all... Again."

Your last words echoed as your body banished from Tobimara's arms. Your warmth still lingered on  his arms and he craved to feel your presence again. His hands tightened, his face frowned as he glared at the space you had occupied.

Hashirama did the same, though Hashirama wasn't afraid to show his emotions.

They were not ready to for your departure just yet.

What the four of them would not understand, until later, was that they would miss you much more than they should have.