Chapter 42

Things were easier said than done. Although you thought it would have been much easier to write all the information of every single man and woman you've killed, it wasn't. The cramping in your fingers proved that. There was just so much information to be written down, the name, age, their birth place, and a lot more information regarding each one of them. 

As you wrote the information, you refrained from adding a lot more. What could that be? Well, there was a reason why every one of your team's strike was always successful. Rafu was a very peculiar man, he was able to see people's memories, their past. That was not all, he was also able to transfer those memories to whomever he desired. Although he was always very happy, very optimistic, he was someone to be feared. His abilities were not limited to only that, if he even desired, he could break the minds of his enemies.

Such a great interrogator he would have been, but he had made wrong choices and now, well, now he was working with you. You were very grateful for his help, without him and Toyo, not all the strikes would have been won.

Speaking of Toyo, he was a great fighter, but never showed his skills other than hand to hand combat. You asked him once but he opted for not speaking about it. It was as if he was ashamed of whatever he was hiding. Rafu, way before he joined you, had been very ashamed of his abilities. Once he put them to good use, he was very proud of them.

An ideal team, where someone fell short in, another was able to complete it. Unfortunately, for the time being, you had to deal with the current issue while they, probably preoccupied, waited for you.

Annoyed of just staying inside the house for hours, it was time to take a walk around the village. When you first arrived, you didn't really get the opportunity to see the its wonders as much as you would have liked. So, why not take it now?

With door locked, you were ready to go out. Although you were not able to see Neji, you could still feel his gaze on your back as you walked. It was no easy task having to keep your eyes on someone for many hours, that you knew.

Everything was so bright, so full of light. Although the Sand Village was your home by heart, you could not deny the Leaf Village's beauty. It was adorned with large, medium and small bright green trees. There were parks adorned with green grass, adding color to the village. The sun, which usually was an oven back in the Sand Village, it complimented this place. It added life and warmth to it.

This place would have been a great place to live, but nothing like the Sand Village. Perhaps it lacked the colorful venue, but the memories you had  made up for it. The good memories you shared with the siblings, with the Hokage and even its civilians. Those had been good time, very good times.

A content breath left your mouth as your body relaxed more upon your memories.  A thud and the sound of feet on the ground, so low that it was hard to notice for an inexperienced person, trailed behind you. You could not help but smile, Neji. His chakra signature was quite noticable and for a good reason ; he was not hiding it.

"[Name], the Hokage wishes to see you." The male informed.

It didn't come to a shock for the Hokage to want to talk to you. So, after thanking him, you made your way to the Hokage. As soon as you arrived, you were given permission to enter. "Have a seat." The woman instructed, despite being quite early she looked bored to death. "How are you doing so far with the task given to you?"

"It's taking longer than I anticipated, but I am sure you'll find it useful when I finish it." But you doubted that was the only reason why she wanted to speak with you.

"I'm going to be frank with you," she leaned forward, "despite your past, I think you could be a great asset to the Village. If you wish, I am willing to speak to the council on your behalf, and you can aid us with the mission of taking down these illicit brothels."