Chapter 11

The next day after school you spent some time with Sasuke. Unlike the day before, you both didn't speak. Although he knew a lot about you, he did not tell you about himself. You would have asked him but whatever happened to him must be traumatic too, so you did not push for information. He would tell you whenever he was ready, if he ever was. 

By the time you arrived home it was getting late, the sun was just offering the last rays of light. And when you opened the door, you froze as you heard voices, girls' voices to be exact. Among those voices, you recognized the voice of your sister. 

You paused and you almost turned around and left. The living room was your room, and well, that was the only place you occupied in the house other than the bathroom. 

"You're here," and you did not miss the flatness in your sister's voice, a frown on her face as as stated down ast you. "Mom and dad said it was okay to have friends over. They also said that you could make us something to eat, they won't be home in a couple of hours." 

No room for replying to her, she didn't give you any as she returned to her friends. Silently, you shut the door and walked to the kitchen. On your way there, you turned to the living room to see a couple of girls. 

Sakura and Ino, you've seen them chasing Sasuke a few times. The boy ignored them every single time they approached them. Upon sensing your presence they turned to look at you. At first they sent you a smile only for them to erase it and replace it with a frown, they've seen you with their crush and they weren't happy about it. 

Finally arriving to the kitchen, you washed your hands and began to cook something. "You're such a big loser," your sister whispered as she entered the kitchen, she made sure no one else heard her. "I don't see what Sasuke sees in you and why he hangs out with you."

" For how many of your friends am I cooking for?" You asked, and hoping that as soon as she answered your question she would leave. 

She laughed, almost mocking you. "Make plenty, others will be arriving soon." 

Cook, it was almost second nature for you along with cleaning. You could not remember how many times you had been beaten for not cleaning properly, for not knowing how to cook. Oftentimes you had been left bloodied, and that was your only encouragement to get better at it. So, you became really good at both of those tasks. 

Hana. Your hands stopped chopping to remember, that girl did all she could to prevent those beatings. Sometimes she even got beaten too for trying to help you, in the end the two of you learned that it was worse to get involved. 

But she tried, she always tried..."You live here? What a drag. " A boy's voice stopped you from slipping further into a pit of those memories. That lady you wanted was to remember. 

Your eyes landed on two boys, one of them you recognized and you winced. He had been there when you beat that other kid...He didn't say anything else but what he did was walk closer and watched as you continued chopping and assembling the rest of ingredients. 

"Hey," he said and as be did, he turned his attention to the living room. Almost as if he didn't want your sister to hear him. "Don't feel guilty, your reactions is understandable with what happened to you."

" How did y-" but you remembered what Sasuke told you.

"I should be bragged about but it was rather impressive how you managed to get out of there. It must have taken a lot of course and planning." If he wondered whether that topic was painful or not, he didn't show it as he explained.

"Can you stop." You made sure to place everything in the pot before your turned to him. "I'm trying my best to forget about it."

He nodded, " then why hang out with Sasuke? You do know why you're the only one who he tolerates. Right? " But your confused face made him let out a long sigh. "What a drag this is."

"What are you talking about?"

" No way, you're here." The other boy who had helped this one pull you off the one you were beating arrived. A toothy grin on his face, " what do you know. Oh, the name's Kiba." A small little puppy pooped from the inside of his jacket, "and this little guy is Akamaru. I guess we're going to be seeing each other more often." 

" Hey, what are you guys doing here? Come on, the others are waiting for us." It was amazing how your sister be so friendly and kind to other people but not to you. You, her sister. 

Kiba sent you a smile before he left the kitchen, Shikamaru began to walk towards them but before he was completely out, he stopped. "Oh and [Name], I'm Shikamaru." 

"If you think you're going to take away my friends, think about it twice. I'll make your life miserable." With that threat she turned around and joined her so called friends. 

You wanted to storm out of the house and let her cook her own food. But you couldn't, not now. You didn't have where to go, maybe it was best to deal with it for a little longer until old you found the opportunity to leave this place. 

You should look it the good side, they weren't treating you...That badly.