Chapter 90

Why did Tobi wanted to come here, to this exact place and exact time, you did not know. Until you two became spectator of an attack. At first it did not make any sense, until you saw a silver haired kid who resembled Kakashi.

It seemed that his team mate, and as you hear the name, Rin, had been taken hostage by the Hidden Mist village. They wanted to use her by making sure she reached the Hidden Leaf Village, and that was where the beast they had sealed in her, would be unleashed.

She knew, and had asked Kakashi to kill her. The young boy refused to. And yet, Kakashi continued to protect her even knowing why they were being followed by Ambu. "You know Kakashi," you asked as you masked both of your presence, to make it look as if you were with the Mist Village. "But I do not see you here."

Tobi kept watching and you could see his fingers curl into fists, his body was tense and it seemed he wanted to jump in. But most of all, it seemed he had been shocked.

"Rin," you pointed with your chin, as you watched Kakashi fight back with the hope of protecting his friend. The girl looked a afraid but determined, with a goal set in mind. "Did you come here to save her?"

But what if that was the man's goal? Would you stop him? Or would you allow him to save the girl? It was wrong, completely wrong to allow him to. It had been so many years since that girl had died...But if you are in his shoes, would you step in and help the two kids?

Then he relaxed, and lowered his gaze. "Do you know how people used to call Kakashi?" Finally he questioned, but keeping his gaze on the two kids.

"No," you shook your head, "I've known him but I've never heard bout his past. But judging by this past, I'm assuming nothing good."

"Friend Killer," he answered finally taking his eyes away from the scene in front of him. "Kakashi, Rin and I used to be part of team Minato. The world is cruel, and I ended up crushed, losing part of my body. Kakashi lost an eye, and since I was already dying, I urged Rin to transfer my eye to Kakashi. I made him promise that he would protect Rin."

But Rin wouldn't make it, not matter how much Kakashi tried to protect her. You turned your gaze to them, only to flinch as Kakashi was in the middle of an attack, only for Rin to intervene and get in his way. She ended up being stabbed by Kakashi's lightning Blade. "If you survived, why didn't to return?" It would have made Kakashi's life less miserable, knowing that one of his friends was alive. Kakashi probably lived with the guilt, and to this day he probably lived with the guilt.

"Madara found me, and saved me." Obito removed his mask, to reveal a handsome face. Half of his face was scared but that did not diminished his handsomeness. That was not what captured your attention, it was the tired look on his face. He looked exhausted, and angry. "When we met, he told me about your existence. How powerful you were and how great of an asset you would be." His eyes seemed to have softened for a moment. "I made sure to follow your path, from the moment you were taken to the moment you first traveled back in time. "

Almost as if he had slapped you across the face, you flinched and looked away. You've recovered but even to this day, you could still see and feel clearly what Iwao made you go through. Obito was there, all the time. Yes, it left a sour taste in your mouth to know that he had had all the power to stop your suffering and he didn't. All so that you could travel back in time, and meet Madara. That wasn't the most painful thing, it was the fact that he stood aside as he watched children get abducted and abused. "The world is a cruel world, filled with nothing but suffering. It's a neverending suffering. "

" And where do I fall in your plan? What plan did you have? "

" Collect all the tail beast, to revive the ten tail beast. With it, we would use the moon to cast  Infinite Tsukuyomi, where everyone is permanently stuck in a genjutsu. Everything they've once lost would be brought back, and there will be no more wars, no more greed, no more suffering.  Your role was to go back in time, explain our plan to Madara. Who would set to work on the plan."

How your heart ached as you watched the man standing in front of you. And to think of Madara, Izuna, Hashirama and Tobimara. It wasn't the world that was cruel, it was people who were cruel. People who wanted power, people who told advance of others. "Life," for a moment you turned to look back to Kakashi and his fallen friend. His eyes locked on your face for a few seconds until you turned away and began to walk away. Obito following you.  "Life isn't the easiest thing," you continued, "it's... Life can be beautiful if you take advantage of the moments it offers. Life and the world are not to blame for the cruelty some have to go through. It's touching and noble what you, Madara, Nagato, and the others were planning to do. You all gave up happiness, so that you can try and work on something that you guys thought would do everyone else good. But do you think it's fair to punish everyone for what some had and continue to do?"

"It isn't, it isn't but it's the only way that peace, happiness can prevail."

You stopped, and shook your head. "People would live in an  illusion. It's just an illusion, that we don't even know will last. Do you know how painful it will be for people to be awaken, torn from that perfect world? It will be devastating." Taking a few moments, you inhaled and then exhaled. " Not to mention that you won't live forever, and then after that, what's going to happen? There are good people in the world willing to fight for those who cannot defend themselves. Naruto, Gaara, Shikamaru, Kakashi... Even the Akatsuki members, I can just go on listing names of people who would die to make the world a better place. People can work together to accomplish peace. Even if it's temporary, but what matters is that you're giving them free will. To make their choices, to follow their own path. With an illusion you're tearing away their freedom, and you're choosing a path for them. "

" What about you? Wouldn't you wish to prevent what happened to you? " Honestly, would others have the same question? Because you had the power to do so.

" I can go back and change my past, " you started. " I've suffered, but it has shaped who I am today. And if I changed my past, I wouldn't have met my friends, I wouldn't come to realize that there are good people. Not to mention, I would only be living in an illusion. My parents were the cause of my pain, right now I cannot imagine having to live with people who sacrificed their own daughter. I'll rather relive what I went thought than to grow up with them. "

Obito said nothing for a few moments, and just observed you. He wasn't lying when he said that he had been present most of the most traumatic moments in your life. From the moment you were sacrificed, all the way to the end. You had been different, you could have turned a lot worse. You could have chosen the wrong path and if you did, there would be no one to stop you. Who could? Time Keepers had failed miserably, and you held back. You had time in your hands.

But you've chosen a noble path, a path where you had saved countless of innocent lives while kling those who deserved it. You've taken advantage of the time to truly do something. They had the power to do something too, but they didn't. In fact, innocent lives had been taken to get to where they were.

Did you have any idea of how incredible you were? "What do you plan to do after you kill your parents?"

He wasn't surprised when he did not take you off guard by his question. "To some, the thought of killing your own parents seems... Sinful. But, no matter how much I try to convince myself to allow villages to punish them... I just can't. It's a long process that they have to go through, and even then, officials will protect them. If they don't, it's more likely that they kill my parents and destroy the records that they have. I'll kill them, get their record and hand it to the Villages. I'm hoping that with it, they'll be able to punish those who are involved. But I plan to keep a copy of it, if they don't do anything about it then I will continue to take them down.  Though, if villages request my help to capture them, I could aid them too. I'm just hoping that they really do something about it. Now, I'll take you back but just know that I don't want anything to do with your plan. "

Obito could not help but feel his lips stretch into a small sad smile. You've brought him here, asked him if he intended to save Rin. Why did you ask, when you knew absolutely he had no control of his very own chakra, or his very own eyes. You made sure of that. "Our deal is isn't quite complete yet. But for now, I'll just tag along with you. "

He felt your hand on his shoulder, your warmth seeping though his clothing and all the way through his skin. He exhaled as he felt calmness travel from his shoulder all the way down his body. And then the two of you began to go back to the future.

Though, there was one though that occupied Obito's mind as you both left. What would you think when you find out that he had made sure Iwao had begged to be killed when Obito captured him. Oh, yes, Obito made sure Iwao went through hell before he died.