Chapter 33

It did not take too long for these guys to arrive here, and although you would have liked to stay longer it seemed that would not be possible any more. Of course you could mask Rafu's and Toyo's chakra signature for a certain amount of time with your own, so that it would not be easy to find you guys. Although you've learned to erase your chakra signature and it made it very difficult for others to distinguish it, most of them were familiar with Rafu's and Toyo's. 

However, trying to manipulate your chakra was very difficult if you did not know how to manage it. But due to the fact that you had been masking Toro's and Rafu's as much as you could since you saw Naruto and Jiraya.

The truth is, you did not allow anyone to have a chance to get familiar with your chakra signature so that you could be hard to be traced. Being followed shouldn't even be surprising, from all what you guys have done, it's only reasonable that they would hire someone to get rid of the three of you.
You were so looking forward to spending time with Naruto, at least to spend these few days. 

Shaking your head, you give your full attention to the group in front of you. From the continuous chatter, your team members are probably awake and you really just hoped that they would take advantage of time and leave. You have after all, always told then to prioritize your shared goal. If there is not anyone that can keep doing what you guys are doing, then why keep doing it. For that reason, even if they had to leave you behind-something that they heavily disagreed on- and continue, you'll find them if you managed to escape.

The disinterested look on his made you confirm that he was indeed hired to kill you. Your eyes caught movement as those behind the man retrieved their weapons. 

A hiss left your lips as you understood that the others were going to be searching for your companions. But you felt so relieved when Naruto steeped forward blocking the trio the path to continue. Jiraiya rubbed the bridge of his nose before he too stepped forward.

"Where do you think you are doing ing?!" The blond male shook his fist with excitement.

The criminals' eyes snapped to the headband, and they shared a knowing glance. No one wanted to attract a Shinobi's attention, it would only mean trouble. "Step aside, we have no business with you, only with him."

The leader growled as he motioned to you. Naruto's gaze rested on you then turned to the other men. "Whomever messes with my friend, messes with me! Believe it!"

No body moved for what seemed forever, until the leader relaxed his muscles and placed his weapons back in place. "Whatever, I was not paid for this." With that, he was gone the others following behind. 

Everyone resumed what they had been doing before they were interrupted, so that left you staring at Naruto and Jiraya. The older male sending you a narrowed look as he closed the distance between the two of you. "What was all of that?"

Naruto followed his mentor, standing at his side as well and waiting for an answer. You waited until you did not feel any threat around you nor did you sense the other's chakras, you returned to yourself. You didn't want more people to know, but Jiraiya didn't feel like someone you'll like to mess with. So, you explained to him why you were followed. 

"So it was you then? As we traveled, we have heard of the amounts of corpses found on our last stop. Do you have any idea what you are doing? Tell me, how long have you been doing this?" He looked very serious as he questioned you, maybe he looked worried. Though if he was, it was for his student, Naruto.

As much as you wanted to get to know Naruto and how happy you had been when you saw him, maybe it was not the best choice to talk to him. What if you got him in trouble? From the way he jumped forward in order to fight at your side really showed that he cared deeply for his friends. "Two years."

 The white haired male made a noice with his mouth as he shook his head. "Don't be an idiot, do you think what you're doing is a game? I've heard about all of that, and I wouldn't be surprised if your name is written in the Bingo Book."

The Bingo Book? "What is that?" 

Again, he rubbed the bridge of his nose in annoyance. "It's a black book where high ranking officials write the names of dangerous ninja from other villages, missing ninja, or anyone that is considered a threat. These Bingo Books are distributed to Jōnin or Anbu. Once your name is in the list, a group of Anbu also called Hunter Ninja, are dispatched to hunt you down and be eliminated. They make sure not to leave any evidence behind. This is why you should stop before it's too late."

It sounded rather frighting, but how could you be dangerous. "What I am doing doesn't hurt anybody. On the contrary, I am helping those girls from being slaved and I am also getting rid of those pests. I don't see any Villages doing anything to solve the issue."

"Once you become a threat, even if you think you're doing the right thing, there's no going back." 

"[Name], Pervi Sage is right. This is too dangerous. It's not too late to come back with us." Trying to save you from death. 

Why did you miss the opportunity to get to know someone as kind as Naruto. He truly would make a great Hokage one day. "What's done is done, even if I do go back I will be nothing but a criminal. So even if I am hunted, I'll continue to do this, if the Kages are unwilling to take any sort of action, I am not going to abandon those girls. I am truly sorry." Without a warning, you pulled Naruto into a hug. "Naruto, I really am sorry I left without a goodbye all t-ose years ago. I am glad though that I was able to meet you once more." Just when Naruto was about to return the hug, you were already pulling away. "Good luck with your dream of becoming Hokage, and although I won't be close by, know that I'll be cheering you on!"

Not letting him getting a chance to speak, you disappeared into a puff of smoke. The blond haired boy tried to chacoe you, but the strong hold of Jiraiya kept him in place. "Stop it, what she says is true. She was a Kunoichi and she left the Village, if she returned to the Leaf it's probable that the Sand will try to inprison her."

Not you too, why did you have to leave too. Why couldn't he convince you to go back, but he understood what you were doing. You didn't have a goal of vengeance, you were trying to make a change and how could he stop that. So, surprising himself, he let you go.

____

You had expected to find your team soon, but as you left the village, it was oddly strange that you didn't sense any of them.

This was definitely not right, knowing them they would have waited for you just outside the Village. But there were no where to be found.

As you continued, focusing on tapping into their chakra,you just could not grasp it. Your eyes widened as you came to a halt, and flipped to the to the side as something clashed to the bracket that you were going to land in, withing seconds there was an explosion.

Almost, that explosion almost caught you! You cursed under your breath as you faced whomever attacked you. There were two males, one with long blond hair and with just a visible eyes since some if his hair hid the other. 

There wasn't much of see from the other one, other than a mask covering his face and the both of them wore black coats, with red could on them. A sensation of familiarity struck you, but you could not think of where you had seen that pattern.

Nonetheless, on one of the male's shoulders rested a knocked out Rafu while the other had placed Toyo on the branch that held them all. 

"Looking for this, un?" The one with blond hair inquired as he nudged Toyo with his foot.

Could they be here to kill you too? It didn't matter, what mattered was whether your companions were alright or not. Just then Rafu groaned but didn't have the strength to move.

That was good enough, all that you needed. "What do you want?" 

"Ooh! Deidara Sempai! I can answer this one!" The one with a mask blurted out exited. The so called Deidara sighed but said nothing. "You're coming with us!" 

Going with them? What the hell did they want with you? You could only wonder as you stared at them while they stared back at you. This wasn't good, you've spent plenty of chakra and if they had been around to defeat your friend so fast, then these wee strong opponents. Either way, you were definitely screwed.