Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Again, the kids, her friends were here. And again, you were asked to cook them food. "She's pretty good cooking." Choji muttered, leaning back on on his seat and stretched his arms. "I can already smell what she's cooking, " he imagined, just thinking how good the food was when he came the other day.

Shikamaru glanced at his friend, raising an eyebrow. " I'm actually really surprised, " Kiba added petting Akamaru. " I mean, isn't she like, too young?" And then he remembered something, " and isn't she at the academy with the younger kids?"

It still hasn't clicked, they still didn't know. Shukamaru's gaze shifted to the kitchen where he could see moving around and cooking. You were giving them your back, otherwise he would be able to see your face. Then he turned to face your sister, who was talking with Sakura and Ino. Hinata lingered around, just nodding here and there.

Why did your sister insist on having them hang out? She was so set on calling them friends, at first when she invited him over, Shikamaru had refused. Not just once, but it didn't matter how much he refused, she kept on insisting so he had no other choice but to agree. Having him accept, then Kiba and Choji followed.

Shikamaru rose from his feet, he would have stayed there but having the girls talk about Sasuke was giving him a headache. Instead, he walked to the kitchen, the other boys following too. When they arrived, they noticed you had some treats prepared already.

If didn't take long for you to notice their arrival, you slowed down and stopped when they kept staring. "Is there something you need?" You asked feeling uncomfortable having them see you.

Choji blushed and rubbed his head embarrassed, "sorry... Uh..." But you caught on when his eyes landed on the treats and stared at it too for a few seconds. Almost as if you were remembering something.

"Sorry, yeah you guys can have some. Food should be ready soon." Choji and Kiba didn't need to be told twice, with a 'thank you' they grabbed some and began to eat.

"So," between bites Kiba began to speak, "how come you're so good at cooking?"

And you winced as if someone had slapped you. Then you looked at Shikamaru, as if asking him if they didn't know. And they didn't, and you didn't know how to reply to that. Or perhaps, your body didn't allow you to. It made you freeze a little, and your brain couldn't put together a proper explanation.

Your lips moved, about to reply when someone else replied for you. "She used to work at..." [Sister's name] started but stopped to find a word, "what was it called.... A... Brothel? I think that's what it was, that's why she knows."

It would have shocked you to see the shocked faces of these kids, who knew exactly what that was. And it shocked you more too was that your sister knew. Then there were awkward smiles as they saw you and your sister glare at each other.

"You say it as if I had the option." Finally you has enough and growled at her.

She wasn't behind either, "It doesn't change the fact that you're a freak." She then looked at her friends. "Argh! I wish you didn't get out of that place! We were fine the way things were before! Do you have any idea what we lost because of you! My friends, and look at this house! It's not even close to where we used to live!"

She was still young, but she knew, she knew exactly what she was talking about. She knew what you endured, she knew what you had to do in order to get out of that place. She knew you had no other option... You almost cried but of anger and so you deiced to get out. She wanted to humiliate you somehow and why? Because some of her friends were talking to you.

" Get back here! The food is going to burn! If you don't, I'm going to tell dad! " She grasped your arm, painfully, digging her nail on your skin. Being fed up, you turned around and you pushed her to the ground and then you finally managed to get out of your house.

You ran, and ran until you went to the place you and Sasuke hang out. You had been so upset that you didn't hear someone following you.
"Hey!" Someone shouted and you expected someone you knew, but it was another kid. One that you didn't know, blond hair  and bright blue eyes. "You okay? I saw you passing by? Did someone say something bad to you?"

He was younger than you, just like Shikamaru and the others. But that was not what made you uncomfortable, you didn't like to be seen crying. So, you cleaned your eyes but the tears continued to flow. "N-no."

The kid didn't say anything and instead decided to let you cry until you finally calmed down. "What happened?" He asked once more, "I saw you leaving [Sister's name]'s house, don't worry is she kicked you out of her house. She did not invite me either." His bright face turned sour, sad even. " She invited everyone but said she couldn't invite me because of what the villager said.

" What... Do they say? " Finally calming down, you asked. And more than that, you wanted to forget what happened and what was going to happen when you arrived home.

The kid looked up, " They say that I'm a monster, but I don't know why. I haven't done anything and they... They're very mean."

"I'm sorry," perhaps there were others like you...."She... [Sister's name] is my sister. She doesn't like me very much."

Recognition flashes across his face, "oh yeah. I think she mentioned you. She said she didn't like you. But you know what? When I become Hokage, people will respect me and then, I can make them respect you too. If you're my friend, your sister will see how important you are and she's going to like you. "

" That's...Kind of you, thank you but... I don't know if I'll be around when that happens. I... As soon as I get the chance, I'll leave this place. "

" Oh, " for a moment he looked crestfallen, " But if I become Hokage you won't have to leave and I won't let anyone be mean to you. Believe it! "

Naruto seemed so .... Possitive. Despite, from what he told you, he still remained good. But he was a kid and as much as you wanted to believe that he would be  Hokage... Well, you didn't know him and well....

"Maybe, one day." You smiled and decided to take a sit, it wouldn't take long to get dark but you didn't want to go home.

You didn't want to go home, you knew what was going to happen. Your sister would probably tell them that you attacked her, and no matter how much you explained things to them, they wouldn't believe you.

"What's your name anyway, Mike's Naruto Usumaki." The blond kid took a seat at your side and began to talk more about himself.

For the rest of the day and night, they two of you talked and you too told him about yourself. If it wasn't for your so called family, maybe your life wouldn't be that miserable.