Chapter 85

"Do you ever want to have children?" And honestly, how were you supposed to look at Sakura after that question.

You've has so many visitors today, the room was small and yet most of them managed to fit inside it. It felt suffocating and overwhelming having a lot of people here. Once upon a time you had become used to it, and even if these were your friends it still felt so suffocating.

This wasn't their intention, they meant well to be here and they were happy that you were fine and you were back. It just showed just how much they really cared. The girls wanted to make a conversation that wasn't related to war, so the topic they found was marriage and kids. "I never thought about it." Can your reply, you never stopped to think about it. You had been busy and with what you've seen...

The woman , Ino, Tenten and Hinata sent you smiles. "I myself want to have a few kids. When, well the right time comes of course. You know," ahe continued though her smile turned to something similar to bittersweet. "After all of this."

You wanted to say something encouraging to her and to the others. They've reached an age where most were eager to start dating and maybe form a strong bond with someone. Then that bond would grow and they'll want to spend their lives with that person. That didn't sound so bad, in fact it sounded nice. To find someone who you could connect to, but having children in a cruel world? You've seen just how much some kids had suffered and you did not want your own kids to experience something like that. Not when there were people who had the power to stop it and they would rather pretend that never happened.

"Me too," Ino broke the silence obviously seeing the wheels of your mind running at full speed. "Maybe one or two. What about you Hinata?"

Said girl's cheeks turned bright red at the question, she tried to hide it and although she stuttered she gave her answer. "Well, maybe a big family."

"What about you Kiba?" The male scratched the back of his head, and his cheeks turned red as well. His gaze shifting just for the slightest to someone in the room. "Honestly, I want a big family but I'll be happy with whatever my significant other wants."

Talking about a future lightened the mood it seemed. To give them a sense of happiness, to have something to look forward to. To have something to fight for. "How about you Shino? Have you thought about that?"

"I don't know yet." Was Shino's response but maybe he did, he was probably a bit shy about it.

Neji was asked next, but he hasn't answered right away. His eyes turned to you, and at first he found the topic to be inconsiderate, as the conversation progressed he noticed you had a small smile on your face. Happy to know what dreams each of them had. Then he could not help but think about it, he was an only child. He had no idea what it felt to have a sibling, and he hated his childhood. At first, he would probably not want to have kids if they had to suffer like he did. But things had changed for the better, and he found himself into maybe have a family one day. Neji hoped that one day you changed your mind too. It didn't mean that being alone was wrong or anything, but he just felt that with how much you've suffered... You deserved to have someone who could love you, someone who would be there.  You've helped so many kids, and you didn't even know them. Just by that, if you ever had kids you would be an amazing mother and a wonderful significant other. "A few," he finally answered.

After a while most of them had to leave, Kiba and Neji remained since they had to stay on guard. "If you didn't feel comfortable with the topic, you could have said something." Kiba crossed his arms across his chest while Akamaru allowed you to pet him.

The soft fur making you melt and relax. "I wasn't uncomfortable. Just  because I've seen things that make me think differently doesn't make it right for me to stop any of you to speak about your dreams. Now that would be inconsiderate of me. "