Chapter 96

Obito was gone, taking the kids to someone who then continued to take them to their respective homes. But there was just one kid left, and that was because you asked Obito to leave him for last.

Said kid wouldn't stop staring either, almost as if he knew who you were and the last time he saw you was years, but years ago. "What's your name?"

You ask hoping that maybe his last name would be revealed. "It's Boruto, and I know exactly who you are." A large grin reached his lips as he placed his hand behind his head.

Boruto... "You look exactly like someone I know, I don't particularly want to jump to conclusions. Who is your father?"

This time the boy stopped for a moment, lowered his arms, and looked away. His grin was wiped off his face too. "I know I look a lot like him, you're not stupid either. You know who that is."

Who would have thought... Naruto had a kid... Who did he have that kid with? It has been a few years ago that you last saw them. When you said you needed time to think things through, only for you to end up doing your own thing. By now villages didn't even bother with you anymore, they knew you were doing them a favor anyway. You wanted to ask him who his mother was, but that wasn't the most important thing right now. What you needed to know was to find out how he was here. " And why are you here Boruto? Going back in time can be damaging to the past. "

A scoff left Boruto's lips and you cracked a smile of your own. The hypocrisy. " I don't think you're in the place to give me a lesson lady. Anyway, " he then turned serious. " There's this device, called Karasuki. We intended to stop the man who was using it, but we ended up being sent back instead."

"We?" You just hoped it was not another kid.

"Yeah, Sasuke was with me when it happened. But I don't know what happened to him. I just happened to run into some guys, who said something about selling me. I knew I'd probably end up seeing you along the way." And you almost wanted to facepalm.

He was hoping you would encounter each other. "Don't underestimate some of those criminals, do you have any idea in what danger you put yourself in?"

" Eh, " and again, he placed his arms behind his back. " I know what I'm doing."

Sasuke, he was here too...Where could you find him? " Come on, I'll take you with me and I'll search for Sasuke. "

He followed, and really, he looked a lot like Naruto. You weren't sure if you were relieved to hear that he had used a device to get here, or not. Could you imagine if... Shaking your head, you quickened your steps but at a pace that Boruto would be able to follow close by.

By the time you arrived at the hideout, Boruto seemed exhausted and hungry too. It wasn't a hideout, hideout perse. People from villages would offer a home for you to stay and rest until you went to the hideout you and the rest occupied.

As soon as you arrived, some of the villagers offered the two meals and you took some of the food with gratitude. So now what was left for the two of you to do, was to eat and let Boruto get some rest before you set out. Though you had to think things through, as to what you would do with him... "You know," between bites, he began, "Dad became the Hokage. Just in case you wanted to know. "

There was never an ounce of doubt in you, you always believed he would one day accomplish his dream. Your chest felt warm and at peace, if there was someone who deserved to become Hokage it was Naruto. The world needed more leaders like Naruto and Gaara. People who loved their people, and who wanted nothing more than to protect them. " Thank you for telling me, and I can imagine he's an amazing leader."

He pushed his food away, losing his appetite. " But a horrible dad. " He mumbled. "I don't get why he was so determined to become Hokage anyway."But before you explained to him why, instead he settled his eyes on you. Almost as if he was criticizing. "You do know that child trafficking never ends, right?"

How you wished it did end. But he is from the future and it saddens you to hear that it is not over yet. "So it really never ends..."

"But the Kages were supposed to help you. If they helped, there wouldn't be so much trafficking you know. " For a moment, he sounded upset. " Aren't you angry? That they promised they would help?"

But they never promised such a thing. You were saddened by the outcome but... "I was, but being angry wasn't helping anyone."

"You're so... So..." And all of a sudden, he rose to his feet pushing the chair back. "And where did that get you? You end up dead anyway."

Did someone strike your chest? Because it certainly felt as if someone had penetrated it with a knife. Your heart captured it, your mind captured it and the two of them did not take it quite well... Or was it the exhaustion that made your brain shut down?

Boruto panicked as he saw your body land on the floor quite painfully. It wasn't his intention to blurt it out. But what was he supposed to do? He could not stop himself from saying it, because he could not accept the fact that the person he admired would die soon.