Chapter 67

Things were going okay, everyone went to missions and returned home safely. The village and its people seemed to be thriving. Your two companions were free months ago, and all of them would gather whenever they could to spent time together. Sometimes each of them would randomly appear at the flower shop, take you something to eat. Or sometimes someone of them would take their time to invite you to eat or to go somewhere.

Just like now, Naruto had taken the time to invite you to some ramen. It was late at night, and most of the people of the village had already went home except for a few who lingered around.

Your friends' random invitations to eat or to go somewhere seemed normal. They had convinced themselves that it was so that you would be distracted from that conversation you had with Itachi.

And it probably did work, but what you and your friends didn't take into account was they were growing too attached to you. And perhaps more than a simple friendship, that was why Tsunade sent either Kakashi or Yamato to keep and eye on you. They had since you were set free,but now she was worried and for a good reason.

"You know, you can eat all you want right? I got paid really well from my last mission. It'll be my treat, go on." The observer heard Naruto say enthusiastic and as if to prove his point, he took out that frog purse he always carried with him. And yes, it was completely stuffed.

In return you smiled, and the observer could see why your friends were starting to have feelings for you. It wasn't just your physical appearance of course, though it was obvious you were very pretty. But there was a certain warmth to your smile, and a certain warmth around you too. It kind of made them feel at ease?

"Thank you Naruto, I am okay with this. I'm not very hungry. Kiba brought me some food a few hours ago." Though you noticed the way Naruto's grin faltered for a few seconds. " I'm just glad you're here, and that we can spend some time together. I haven't seen you for the past week. It's always nice to have you around. "

Even if Rafu and Toyo tended to stay around most of the time, you still missed the others. So of course you missed Naruto. Said male's grin almost split his face in half as he continued to scratch the back of his head embarrassed. " Really? I mean, yeah, I missed you too believe it! "

" So what was the mission about?" And you took some of the ramen waiting for Naruto who in return stared at you for a few seconds. And then his cheeks turned pink and began to enthusiastically started to tell you about his mission.

It seemed life was indeed starting to look good for you, right? The observer almost, almost snorted as he watched Naruto scoot just a little closer to you.

Perhaps life could have been happy for you from now on, but unfortunately when you traveled back in time did change things. Things that were not good or favored you at all.

Sasuke frowned, and deep down he wondered what his life would have been like i- shaking his head he continued to watch. Time Keepers were gone, none of them  existed. Or at least that was what Toyo had told the Hokage. However, when you traveled back in time your act of defiance seemed to have urged the Time Keepers to form a group of some sort of hunters. And they made sure that some of them existed and only for the sole purpose of killing you. You were threatening the future and even the past, they wanted to make sure that you would not disrupt any of it.

But even so, Time Keepers were peaceful and never got themselves involved in wars. That was why they had reached out to the Hokage. They asked her to surrender you, or else.

No one knew what they meant with that threat but Time Keepers were dangerous, and the Hokage wasn't about to rink finding out what they meant.

Sasuke wondered... How would Naruto feel when he finds out that the Hokage had already agreed to surrender you to them. How would Naruto feel even more to know that by doing so, the Hokage had already set a timer for your death. He Naruto defy the Hokage to save you? Or would Naruto and everyone else stand aside and allow your death?

Sasuke wasn't sure what they would do, but there was one thing Sasuke was certain of ; you were going to be useful for him and he isn't about to let you die just yet.