Chapter 27

A day, it took Benjiro and Haru to fully rest and even so, they still felt the lingering fatigue. But they had still a mission, and once the mission was over they could fully rest.

However, as they made their way to leave, they were not expecting to be delayed any longer. Benjiro sent a glance to his partner letting know that he would speak to the siblings.

"You're leaving?" The girl took the initiative to ask. "We saw you arriving and I had assumed that your mission was completed but a part of your squad was not with you."

"That is indeed correct, however if you wish to know about the advancements of our mission then perhaps you can ask the Kazekage for more information." Of course he knew that they had been worried the moment they returned to the village without the rest of his team. They were not well aware that you had not been sent to a low rank mission, and he was not in the place to tell them.

The trio narrowed their eyes. "Why is that mission taking so long? Low ranking missions don't take too long." Kankuro added now showing worry cross over his face.

The way Benjiro's jaw tightened only proved them right. "Like I said, I am not allowed to discuss the details of our mission to you. You'll know if the Kazekage is willing to share that information, now if you'll excuse us, we must leave at once."

If Benjiro and Haru had remained longer, they would have seen the anger on Gaara's eyes. Kankuro frowned towing that the information wouldn't be shared, specially when it came to their father. But he was shocked as Temari left a puff of sand as evidence of her standing on that spot. 

He sent a glance to the younger sibling, clearing his throat. In an instant, he followed Temari. Just mere second after, the red head was hot on his trail. When they came to a stop, they were standing at the Kazekage's building. Kankuro wanted to find out about what had occurred to you, as you why you have no arrived just yet but he doubted his father would be willing to tell them anything.

Letting out a groan, he entered the building. The two males arrived just in time, Temari was just making her way inside the office. They both hurried after their sister.

"I expect for the reason of you being here to be important." The Kazekage wasn't even looking at them, he was scanning his eyes over a document.

"It is," she started but feeling her confidence leave her as her father's eyes landed on her. "If we may, when is [Name] returning?"

The leader contemplated whether to tell them the truth or not. "She'll return when her mission is completed." And he resumed his work.

"Something is wrong with her mission, isn't?" 

He paused but he did not tear away his gaze from the document, he just narrowed his gaze. "I know you all care for her, which is why it is best if you do not know."

"We do, which is why want want to know. It doesn't matter whatever you are going to tell us, we can handle it." Kankuro wanted to say a lot more, but decided to settle with that. 

"Very well." The Kazekage leaned back. "You three have a mission and no matter what I tell you, you must not let this trouble you." His eyes scanned his three children as he took a deep breath. "As do not know about [Name]'s history. At the age of six, she was captured and taken to a brothel." He began to explain about the other girls that were taken, he also explained about how you managed to escape and as to what led you here today. "Some of your civilian's girls were taken, given her history she was perfect for the mission. I offered the details of the mission along with the consequences, and yet, she willingly took the mission. Now, her squad lost track of her and have no idea of her location."