Chapter 113

Run. That was what you would have done if you could, but Kakashi had to take you to the Hokage. So here you were now, sitting in front of her. Her stare didn't make you feel safe or secure. In fact, it made you feel more anxious and afraid.

Not to mention, the other woman standing at the Hokage's side and  Kakashi made it even more intimidating.

Finally, the Hokage let out a long breath, frustrated. "Alright," she began to speak. It was the first thing she said since you had been escorted here. "I know you're afraid, it's understandable.  But, for us to understand what is happening, I will need you to explain everything. "

Didn't Kakashi say they were keeping tabs on them? If they did, they should at least know a portion of the existence of many brothels, shouldn't they? At that, you frowned and glanced from Kakashi to the Hokage. That was not reassuring at all, and it made you realize that being here was the worst mistake you could make. But, you were being forced to be here and to speak to them.

"We will provide all the protection you need. Your safety is our priority,  but for me to provide that protection, I need your cooperation. " As if reading your mind, the Hokage explained.

Despite the Hokage's attempt to make you feel at ease, it didn't work. Sure, she could assign someone to protect you, but how could you know that Shinobi wasn't a client or someone sent to kill you? Or take you back?  Your gaze snapped to Kakahi. Right now, he would be your safest bet. "I'll cooperate if he is assigned to protect me."

Kakashi raised an eyebrow, curious as to why you asked for him. Weren't you weary of him? "I'll assign someone available. Kakashi has his team to worry about, along with other missions."

But you shook your head. "You don't get it." You stood up and turned to look at Kakshi again. "I've had Shinobi and other higher-ranked clients. And for them to  keep their secrets from being revealed, they'll do whatever they need to." It wasn't just that, as far as you knew, Shinobi could also be working for the leaders of brothels. "If Kakashi was part of it, he would have killed me or taken me back to them. I just...I just can't trust anyone."

This made Tsunade frown, the other woman too, and Kakshi didn't look happy either. "Sit," Tsunade ordered. "I understand, more than you think. I assure you, though, that I have people I trust. I'll make sure to provide you with all the protection you need."

You frowned, and you struggled as you debated whether you should cooperate. If you talked, and if one of those people found you... Would even killing you be the worst of their punishments? The more you thought about it, the more you realized that maybe killing you wouldn't be so bad.

But if you talked...What if they take you back and take you to one of those places? Places where some of the older and undesirable girls were taken. You were not sure what they did to them, but what they did to them was even worse than being killed. Did these places exist? You were not sure but you didn't want to know if they existed or not.

Your hands formed fists, your throat felt as if something was choking you and your heart wouldn't stop beating hard. Shutting your eyes, and you took deep breaths. It took you a few moments, and when you finally calmed down, you sat back down on the chair.

"I'm sorry," finally you spoke as you opened your eyelids, but you were just staring at your hands. "I...I can't, I won't talk."

The Hokage growled and slammed her hands on the desk. It started you making you flinch. "You idiot! If you don't talk, you'll  never be able to escape from this."

The thing is, they don't know anything. They speak and they promise but they don't know how things work. They don't know what you're risking if you talk. Besides, it has been years of slavery and abuse, and it was not until recently that they knew child sexual slavery existed. And they didn't even know exactly. 

Something bubbled in your chest. It wasn't pain, no. You felt the anger fill your chest and spread to the rest of your body. This was the Hokage, but you didn't care it was the Hokage you were glaring at. You didn't care if you were rude or not as you rose to your feet. "It's easy," you growled, "It's easy for you to say. To command me to speak when you don't understand! You're safe here. You have people to protect you! Not us! No!" By now, your breathing has become harder. "We've..." The tears that were starting to trail down your cheeks were out of anger and disappointment.  "We have no one but ourselves to protect us." And the only thing to protect yourselves was to cooperate and hope, hope that one day they would grow tired and would set you free.

You didn't care if anyone stopped you as you made your way to the door. Even if the tears closed your vision, you still managed to make it out. And you continued to run and run and run. Maybe it was the routine that made you realize you were back in the place you now called home. Before you retired the keys you composed yourself and it was then that you fished around in your pocket for the keys and then you entered your home.

Something, or rather someone pushed you against the door shutting it in the process. That action alone made you scream, but other people would have heard you scream for bloody murder if whoever had you pinned to the door covered your mouth.

Which only left you to cry in fear, dark thoughts spreading across your mind. Trying to come up with who it could be. Seconds later you were flipped around, but the hand was still on your mouth.

Tobi was responsible for almost giving you a heart attack. Knowing you wouldn't scream anymore, he finally let go and pulled away. He was considerate enough to give you some time to collect yourself. 

You were surprised your heart hadn't failed with all the events.  Calm, you were calm but even so, your hands still trembled, and the rest of your body wouldn't stop twitching. But despite that, you felt relieved to see him standing in front of him.

Maybe, he will be the source of your freedom.