Chapter 111

It felt weird. Odd to have several people inside this place. Most of them looked younger thank you, a few around your age. It wasn't like you didn't know how to be social or friendly. You were with the rest of the girls but that was because you all spent years together. Years of torment and you all had each other to keep you all sane.

And all you've learned to do with others is to be flirty, you had to fake it, and by now it came to Natura.  You could act flirty but the time didn't call for it. Not when these people have been bringing you food and things you needed. And they did so without expecting anything in exchange.

They were smiling, but you could read them. You knew they were worried, curious as to why you were here hiding. Your eyes trailed to the headband that rested on their foreheads, or other places. Something sour tasted in your mouth, and you knew it was hate.

Although you had to entertain criminals, and regular folk you also had to entertain Shinobi and others with higher ranks. They knew the situation you all were in, they always boasted about what being Shinovj represented. But, these people were not to blame.

"So..." The pretty shy girl asked, trying to start the conversation since no one else did.

It was now that you finally smiled at her sadly. She smiled back but there was a hint of embarrassment at being the center of attention. "Before we all start with the questions, I  want to thank you for bringing me food. If you hadn't, I would have starved to death."

"Is it true then?" The blond male questioned. "Because if that's true, you don't need to hide. I'm sure Granny Tsunade would be able to help you. And we won't let anyone hurt you anymore."

You pursed your lips,  staring at him. It was strange. He didn't know you at all and yet his words seemed to be genuine. However, you weren't sure just how much you would reveal. Or if you should reveal anything at all. But then again, if you wanted to survive and move on...These people were your only option. That man left you, said to remain hidden. But it has been close to two weeks since he left. He had not returned to at least check up on you. In fact, maybe we would not return at all.

"Before we continue with anything else, let's introduce ourselves. I'm Sakura Haruno." The pink-haired girl introduced herself.

"I'm Hinata." The shy girl said next, adding a small smile.

"And I'm Naruto, nice to meet ya." If only you could have that kind of energy.

"Neji." The one with long hair, and similar eyes as Hinata said with a serious face.

There was someone else, there was a smile on his face as he waved. "I am Sai." To the eye of others, he seemed very friendly but you were familiar with that fake smile.

Shikamaru let out a groan as he noticed the look on your face. Maybe you were smarter than they all assumed. You seemed to read the fake smile on Sai's face. Slowly a frown began to show on your face. "He isn't the friendliest guy,  but he is trying. Not that you should be judging either, your smiles aren't genuine either."

That caught your attention, making you turn your head to watch the male. And then you sighed as you stood from the seat. You walked to the window and pulled the curtain to the side to look outside. After letting a long and deep exhale, you closed it and turned around to fave them. "I was told I would be safe here but it seems the person that brought me here has forgotten me.  So if I am to start over, I guess I will have to trust some people. Before we start with the question," But did promises even matter to them? You were screwed either way. "I don't want anyone else to know what will be discussed here."

"As long as it is not a threat to the village." The male asked, he had yet to introduce himself. 

It was touching...You almost wanted to laugh. If only they were this protective of those who were kidnapped. "I'm just part of...Of something much greater that even if you all tried to do something, nothing would change."

Naruto scratched his head. "What do you mean."

"I'm a... type of entertainer and some clients are Shinobi and others with higher ranks."

Naruto's eyes twinkled with excitement. "Oh! Are you like some type of actress? Or...Or maybe a famous dancer and someone is looking for you to hurt you?"

Judging by the naive expressions of the rest, they did not know what you meant there. Interestingly enough, Sai and the unnamed male seemed to know just exactly what you meant. But before the unnamed male said anything, you looked away. "A prostitute. I am...I have been a prostitute since I was 11."

All of a sudden the air in the living room turned cold. No one fared to make a noise. All they could do was stare at you in shock and they seemed to be horrified. "That's illegal." Finally, Neji stated.

You were grateful that Sai was the one who said the information they needed. Because the knot in your throat didn't allow you to say anything. "She was forced to. Years ago I was given a mission. Child sex slavery, our target was a customer. Even if I reported it, it was not part of our mission so no attention was given to that."

Naruto stood up and the biggest frown rested on his face. He looked naive, but it seemed he knew what a prostitute was. "Monsters! We can't let them find you, that's why we need to inform Granny Tsunade."

But you shook your head. "Naruto. Trust me, that's exactly what I want to do but if people find out I am here...No amount of protection is going to prevent my death."

"So Shinobi and Higher rank are involved?"

The unnamed male asked, and you could see the wheels in his head spinning. "Yes. So if I want to live, I need to find a way to live without people knowing who I am.  But I don't know how."

"Shikamaru, this is out of our hands that's the case. We need to report it to the Hokage." Sakura was more than ready to leave.

You opened the door for her. "Go ahead. But this is my option to live a normal life. If you go to the Hokage, I'll either be killed or I'm going to be taken back. And I assure you, the only way they're going to take me back is dead."

Her mouth opened and then closed knowing that her actions would bring you more harm than help. "You know, my place isn't that big but you're welcome to come and stay with me. That way I can protect you."

It was sweet how Naruto had offered that. Everyone's eyes snapped to him, but all he did was smirk. But no matter how sweet he was, you didn't want to stay in a very small place with a man.

"For now, "Shikamaru spoke. "It would be best for you to stay here. Those not on missions will take turns to bring you food and keep an eye on you."

"For how long?" It was your turn to ask. "We don't know how long this is going take. I don't want to depend on all of you. That would be too much."

"New identity." Sai offered. "She can change her appearance,  along with her name."

"With no chakra signature, they wouldn't be able to find her," Neji added to the suggestion.

"Ino's mom has a flower shop, I'm sure she can help you find a job there if you want." Everyone seemed excited to come up with ideas.

Shikamaru shook his head. "They get a lot of customers. " He had an idea as to where yoi could work. The library. There were just a few people who liked to read. The library was mostly empty so you wouldn't risk meeting people or customers that you knew. But. You couldn't go barefaced. Men were men, and if they spot someone as...Well you. You'll be getting more attention than you wanted. "We should go now, but I'll take care of it."

Sakura raises an eyebrow. Shikamaru didn't like trouble or more work. So...she and the others found it rather odd he was willing to do this while thing alone.

After thanking them, slowly they made their way out leaving you alone to your thoughts. If Shikamaru managed to find something for you, you planned on finding somewhere else to live. If you had the opportunity for a new life, you planned on cutting all ties.