Chapter 13

14

It was  a week after that you were finally allowed to go out again. All the while you had to endure your sister's bad temper, and all her blaming. Then, then were your parents who didn't make an effort to talk to you. They probably didn't know how to approach you, specially after all that had been said.

So, you were not the tiniest scared when you were summoned by the Hokage. Or by the task you had to do, it had been an agreement of some sort that he had with your parents.

"I know th-" the man said as piles of folders were presented to you. Said files were unopened but you had an idea as to what they were. Probably pictures.

" Before we start," you managed to look up at the Hokage, who sat in front of you. The room was small, and even having the two of you here felt suffocating. It felt too crowded. "Would it be possible to live on my own, I'm old enough to. I know how to cook and clean, it wouldn't be hard to find a job."

The old man took a long breath, and shook his head. "I'm afraid that's not quite possible at the moment. You need protection and you also need to be supervised.  Until then, you're going to have to make do with your family. " He paused, " I know all of this is hard for you and your family but you all have each other. It may be difficult but please try to work it out."

But there was no working it out, what was there to fix? Nothing, your family didn't even make an effort to do so. So tried, and you had been the only one to do so. So, why did you have to continue to do so? " Things were said and done that cannot be  fixed."

" Oh [Name]," he said but changed whatever he was about to say, something, lies to mask the truth. " Could you perhaps wait longer? I wasn't going to tell you, I wanted to give you more time but, I think I better tell you now. Other villages wan your cooperation as well. They're willing to wait too, to give you time to heal. You had to endure plenty with that woman for years, so it is the least we can do to help you. "

He was surprised to see you looking down at the documents instead. You looked calmed and tired. Actually, judging by the dark circles, he would say that you have not been sleeping well.  "After all this is done," with your hand, you reached the first file, "will I be allowed t-"

"Yes. We will provide you with housing and other necessities if you wish." Finally he agreed, and that was enough for you to open the first file.

The folder contained a couple of pictures and you watched the first picture carefully. A minute passed before you lowered it and then offered his gaze to the Hokage. There was a sadness hidden in your eyes, and also hatred. "This one," you said , "I saw him a couple of years ago at the brothel."

" How can you be so sure? I imagine there must have many clients. Specially yours after. " The man questioned, because it wasn't just pointing it out. It was not al about choosing pictures, they couldn't just take accusations lightly. They also had to do investigations. Otherwise, he could not imagine how awful it would be for those who were wrongly accused.

The Hokage took the file and he took a look at the picture. It was an older Shinobi, around 50 perhaps older. "I was...7. It was five years ago, I  remember it because..." Then you swallowed hard and it was not until now that you finally began to tremble. "I normally was just allowed to the kitchen and rooms, Junko said I was still too small and stupid and that I would make a mess. But even so, she still let me arrange things out for the guests because I needed to learn. She threatened me..." You reached forward and took the picture from his hand. " So, I helped during the...You know. That. I was helping with food and drinks...Then...he approached me. He began to touch my face, said I was really pretty. I didn't think much of it back then but...Hina, another girl, she...She tod him that I was not in the list of girls. He was angry, Junko approached and had him kicked out."

It was vile, it was disgusting that they had to deal with this. Not in the sense of dealing with this but to think there were monsters who would harm innocent children like that. It was...it was just vile.  It was even more nauseating that he had to ask you this, "why did they kick him out. I'm glad they did, but, didn't they...Take you for that purpose?"

More than ask him why he was questioning that, it seemed you already knew the reason for his suspensions. " That was not the only time, there were a lot of times when I was requested. Some of the girls were angry back then, but Junko said that it was because..." You paused to think, " she said that the longer she kept me in sight, the more those men would be tempted. With time temptation would get bigger and when the time arrived, he would get a lot more money for...that. "

When you were done, you were about to move on to the next one but he deduced yo stop. He initially intended for you to select the pictures you saw were familiar. Later on he would have you write the details but it was best to have you do that now. " As you find familiar faces, can you please write the details? Write whatever you can. "

" I...I still can't write and my parents..." But he probably already knew that, or maybe he failed to remember.

" I'll have someone help you."  He rose from his seat and almost walked out of the room. " And thank you [Name]." Finally he walked out of the room only to be met with Kakashi.

"What are your orders," the gray haired male questioned. If he was ordered to be here, it was for a reason.

The Hokage continued to walk and Kakashi followed. "I'll keep her protected until she is done but, the truth is, there are higher rank Shinobi that will be harder to identify."

But Kakashi knew exactly what the Hokage was talking about. It wasn't that it would be hard to identify higher rank Shinobi. No. Some probably had a slip up, and once they find out that there were a few that were identified, they will know they are at risk. The only solution for that will be for them to make sure you never identified them. That wasn't the only issue, they don't know just who took advantage of that brothel's services. Even members from the council could have used those services.

But having you on public would help them make it easier to show themselves. They'll try something, and it will be easier for them to prosecute them if they caught them trying to do something to kill you. It was risky, far too risky for you but it had to be done.

It wasn't that he would leave you unprotected of course. He already had that covered. "So, go and finish up the arrangements."