Chapter 28

The first meals for the first two guards were ready. It was very early and they had to take their shift, although there were a total of four on a regular basis, two took the day shift while the other two took that night shift. Sometimes they switched the shifts. So, it was actually great that you though if this plan.

Just as they woke up and walked out of the door rather lazily, you stopped them before the took another step. "Would you guys like to eat something before you take your shift?"They stare at you for a while before they glance at one another. "I mean, I wasn't able to stay so I woke up earlier than usual, so I began to cook. The food is ready, I don't want it to get cold."

At your explanation, they returned their gazes back to you. Their eyes inspected your form, and sure enough the bags under your eyes supported your statement. "No wonder you couldn't sleep, I heard you'll be working soon." One of them commented but without any sort of emotion whatsoever.

"I'm actually hungry, and for me to wait for Rin and the others to eat first, I'll take the offer." Just as the other man accepted the offer, a large yawn left his lips. Without waiting for his partner to say anything, he walked to the table.

You searched for some plates and cups and began to serve then their food. Once you placed it in front of them, you waited for them to eat. Only the one that accepted the offer started to eat, while the other one furrowed his eyebrows in what seemed to be suspension.

"Here," taking a spoonful of the food from his plate, you placed it in your mouth and chewed. Once you swallowed it, you took his cup of tea and took a small sip of it. No matter how long you've spent here, they still made you taste any food of drinks given to them. It was shocking that the other man didn't even wait for you to try any of the food or tea.

In the end, the other man let out a sigh of relief and started to dig in. While they did that, you started to clean here and there just so that you wouldn't arisen any suspension. When they were done, you started on the preparing food and tea for the rest.

"Hey," the voice of the night shift guards interrupted your cooking, making your heart skip a beat in fear.

Placing a hand over your heart, you turned around and breathed out. "You startled me, what is it?" Trying to cover up your fear of being found out, you questioned. They never stopped by when their shift was over, so why now? They never stopped by to eat, they simply headed to their rooms and sleep, which is why you never cooked at this time.

"It's freezing out there, do you have some food and tea that we can have?" Oh, you could have smirked right there. Things were just getting better and better. These were not your priority, they slept most of the day so you didn't think much of them. However, it would be great if they were heavily sleeping just in case something didn't go as planned.

"Uh, well, I'm about to be done with it. I'll serve you tea while I finish the food." And you did that, though you still had yet to taste their food and drinks. This was not good, drinking the tea, specially the ones to gave the guards was stronger so you'll have to be careful about drinking any more of it. Besides, even if the sips you took were not great quantities, it would still have an effect on your body. It wouldn't bring you sleep, but it sure as hell will bring some kind of dizziness. So, right after they finished to needed to go to the restroom and force the contents of your stomach out before they were digested.

It didn't take long for them to leave, and for you to go to the bathroom and force your fingers down your throat to vomit. Good thing the others were not around to hear you. Once the rest of food was done, each one of the girls walked down to the dining room and eat. It was regretting that they had to be drugged as well, but if you didn't, they were not in their right mind and who knows what they would do. All you needed was the hours of freedom that the tea would provide you once it was in their systems. From then on, you'll find your team and the mission would be completed.