Chapter 64

A couple of weeks ago by, slowly you were give freedom. Allowing you to walk around the village, but with the supervision of others. Mainly the teachers, like Kakashi, Asuma and the rest.

If you turned a blind to them, you could say that you were indeed free to do as you wished. You even started to work at Ino's family flower shop. And for once, for once you were given a taste of what a normal life consisted of. Not to mention you were growing even closer to your friends.

For once you felt that you could be completely at peace, completely safe. When you destroyed brothels, you and the other two always had to look over your shoulders. And always, always, someone had to keep an eye open at night to make sure you were not attacked.

There were the occasional nightmares, but you were starting to cope. Everything was working alright, your life was going alright.

Everything was going okay... Until now that is. It wasn't that you harboured any ill feelings towards the girl standing at the entrance of your home. She was older of course, but her face still remained the same. Her eyes focused as she glanced behind you, towards the voice of a few friends of yours. "So it was true then," she began, her eyebrows furrowing just slightly. Then, she took a deep breath as if she was trying her best not to spill venom out of her mouth. "Do you think we can talk? Alone?" Once more, her eyes glanced behind you.

"I..." You turned around to face Naruto, Shikamaru, Sakura and Ino. Your home was small, but even so, they were still happy to visit you once in a while, specially since you offered to cook them something to eat. " I'll be right back. "

Sakura frowned standing up, " no offense but she wasn't particularly... Kind to you. Do you think.. "

" It's okay, " you offered a smile. " I'll be alright. " Not that her words would hurt you any more. Right? You've been hurt as much as anyone could hurt another person. " I'll be right back, enjoy the meal."

Naruto had already started to eat, though if he hadn't had his mouth stuffed he probably would have objected too. The two of you started to walk with no specific place in mind. "I'm sorry," she finally started, "I wasn't the best... Sister to you."

She apologized but you weren't sure how to respond to it right away. "You were young, an-"

"It does not justify the way I treated you.  And I'm sorry you had to go through everything you went through, I wish I wasn't that spoiled brat back then. If I hadn't been so cruel, things would have been different for you." Judging by her expressions, she wasn't lying. She really meant everything she was telling you.

"When I returned, I didn't see you with the others. I thought you and my-" you paused, "your parents had left."

The village was lively, and your sister wanted silence, privacy. So she led you towards a more secluded sort of park. A place you hadn't seen but she probably frequented it quite a lot. She looked at the ground sadly, "our friendship didn't turn up that well. It was the age ... And I wasn't the best of people to be honest." The two of you stopped walking, she gazed up ahead and she remained like that for a few minutes. She then continued to turn so that she was now facing you. "My parents decided to leave, I'm not sure where we are headed." She sighed, " I live my parents but I can't ignore just how shitty they were to you. I actually didn't want to come and say what I am going to tell you, but it is for own good. You've suffered enough as it is. "

" What is it? "

" You already know this, that my parents came to the Leaf Village not because they wanted to see you or to get you back. They wanted protection, that was why then came years ago. " She wanted to reach out when she saw that although you knew, it still affected you. "I'm not telling you to make you feel bad or anything. But, " she opened her mouth and then closed it again. "I just feel that you need to know... When you were taken... Those who took you didn't really take you by force. Our-my parents were leaders of our home, they had people to protect. Unfortunately, they thought that if they sacrificed one of us, those people would leave our home and our people alone." There was no blood on your chest, but the pain that you felt sure as hell felt as if you had been stabbed. Your parents have you up to those people, willingly. Her arm stretched and her fingertips touched your shoulder but she then allowed her arm to rest at her side. "I know my parents, and I know that if they find trouble they're going to come running back to you for protection. Or something like that, I just want you to know. Because you don't owe them, us anything."

"But you..." You began but she shook her head.

" I did not take advantage to get to know you, and yes, we are blood related but that is all. I wish I could tell you that I love you, but I don't know you at all. I feel bad for you, but I don't want to lie to you. We're not exactly....Sisters... You have the opportunity to live, and I don't want for my parents to use me as an excuse to use you if they ever need to. My parents were awful to you, so... Don't ever listen to you, you deserve better." Before she began to take her leave, she took a good look at you. " I hope you can forgive me, and I really wish I could have given us the opportunity. But I didn't, but I sincerely with you the best. "With a smile, she began to leave.

When she was gone, and minutes later, the sound of footsteps reached your ears. Someone landed behind you, and you didn't turn around because you thought it was Kakashi who had been in charge of you. However, when you followed your sister you didn't sense his chakra. Even now, you didn't sense it either. But you didn't think much of it, until...

"[Name], we have a proposition for you." And that voice was not Kakashi's. You knew that voice too well, even if it had been years since you heard it.

This wasn't good.