Chapter 44

How much did you want to die? Were you so eager to die? It appeared to be that way. "Lady Hokage, I am sure we can find other solutions." But Sakura shut her mouth as the Hokage's rage was focused on her.

"Other solutions? I've tried, I gave her many opportunities! I even went against the council's orders and this is what she chose. Even if I tried,  it is beyond me. I can no longer save her." Her hand curled and slammed against her desk, breaking  it in half. 

Shikamaru and Kakashi only observed in silence. They just returned from their mission only to be called by the Hokage and informed about your escape. Sakura sent Shikamaru a glance, asking for him to do something. "It is definite then?" 

"Yes, the council placed her in the Bingo book without my knowledge. No matter what I try, it is too late. That..That idiot! I told her to wait!" She ran her finder's through her hair. " A team was dispatched to catch her, either alive or dead. But knowing who they sent, I am more inclined to believe that they want her dead." Her eyes snapped to the trio but especially on Shikamaru and Sakura. "She chose her fate, so don't even try to interfere unless you want to suffer the consequences." 

Unsatisfied, they were kicked out of the office. "They're going to kill her if we don't do anything." Sakura grasped her chest. "We have to do something."

"I am afraid we can't Sakura. Like the Hokage said, if anyone tries to help her, the team that was sent will kill whomever tries to get in their path. And even if we managed to save her, we'll automatically become criminals." Shikamaru explained as his brain searched for ways to try to save you. But no matter how much he thought about it, everything turned to the only outcome and it wasn't pretty. 

"Listen, you all grew attached to her but like the Hokage said, [Name] made a choice. Besides, she isn't someone to catch that easily." Even if Kakashi tried to help them calm down, it didn't help as he had hoped. To be honest, now that he had no one to teach be had thought of personally help you with your training. Not wanting to make things worse, he excused himself.

Sakura shook her head as she made a fist. "There's one thing you taught us, teacher Kakashi ." Her eyes filled with determination. "And that was never to abandon a comrade. It doesn't matter the consequences, even if I have to go there by myself, I'm going to get her."

That left the males shocked. "Why are you so determined? You didn't get to know her that well."

Her eyes softened as she looked as her fist. "She's..." Her fingers tightened. "It's very brave of her to do what she is doing. She isn't afraid to place her life in danger to save others. That only defines someone  who should be protected. Besides, she...She was special to him." 

There was no need to say a name, the two males knew who she was talking about. Sakura walked away as she finished what she had to say. 

"How troublesome." Shikamaru muttered. 

Kakashi, being the matured and more experienced man should have know that it was suicide what Sakura was saying. But, he could not deny that hundreds of girls had been rescued by your efforts. "I...I should not be doing this. Shikamaru, if you do not wish to join our mission, you may leave. However, if you join us, make sure to ask Kiba and Neji."

"Why?" 

But Kakashi didn't part his lips to reply. Why? Whether the Hokage wanted to accept it or not, you were very important.
___

There is a saying, don't believe until you see and that's how it is for you. In order for you to ever believe that Hina was alive, it would have been to see her with your very two own eyes.

Perhaps you assumed the worse all of those years ago, thinking that when Hina was taken away she was killed. But, that was not the case. She was too old to be sold in that brothel, but she wasn't killed like many were, she was just taken to another brothel where she was forced to exploit her body.