Chapter 16

When you thought about it, life wasn't a lot different than the one you had with Junko. She would berate you and humiliate you whenever she had the opportunity. Here, your sister took that role and your parents would watch it all happen. All they did was tell her to stop it but it never did, she would go on and blame you for the life she had now.

When you arrived here, you had some freedom. You could go anywhere you wanted as long as you remained inside the village. But for the past few days, it felt like when you lived at that brothel. You no longer were along to go out, just stay home and while you were at home you were expected to do everything. It ranged from cleaning the house to prepare meals, and honestly, it wouldn't have been much of a deal. You've been used to all of it that it felt normal, but what made it feel like you were back with Junko, was that when your parents arrived they would make sure you tasted the food before they ate.

They were scared, scared that you would do the same thing you did with all those clients. But if you wanted to do that, you would have done it already... And quite honestly, it made you feel guilty that sometimes the thought of poisoning their food plagued your mind when you cooked.

Weren't they supposed to be there for you? Love you and protect you? To be patient while you recuperated from all you've lived? They raised you and you had good memories of them. So what made it different? Were you that broken? That messed up that they couldn't look deep into their hearts and realize that the girl they had now was the same as before? A bit emotionally damaged but it was expected after years of mental and physical abuse.

They couldn't see it. As heartbroken as you were, a spark of hope appeared in your heart when the Hokage sent you a message; you were expected at the Sand Village.

You wanted to leave everything back and start new, and the Sand Village seemed like it could be the right place. If there was one good thing about the Leaf Village, it was that you had friends who came by from time to time. But, it wasn't good enough...You wanted a life where you didn't have to see your so called family every day. A life where you could get to meet new people, people who would not know your past. That way they wouldn't judge you, they wouldn't fear you. That was what you wanted.

But, but, there was always a but. "I suppose," the man, whose name you've already forgotten spoke, "she would want to see her family before she leaves." But his face, you had an excellent 📝 remembering faces, you would definitely remember his. "However, in order not to capture unwanted attention the Kazekage wishes for us to depart right away."

And perhaps that was your regret, before you spoke you took a couple of more seconds to think. "Would it," you captured the young man's attention, "would it be possible for me to become a resident of the Sand Village?"

"No," the Hokage shook his head, Kakashi standing close by. "We already had an agreement. [Name], I know you're upset a-"

You frowned, turning your gaze to the old man. " I'm not stupid, we all know that I won't be able to live here in peace. They all know I'm here and they're going to try to kill me. They probably know how I look, and..." And it would make it easier, but at the Sand Village, you had the opportunity to stay hidden. You'll grow up, and with it your physical appearance will change.

Judging by how they remained silent, they understood. " Well, " after a few minutes the man broke the silence, " I'm can bring it up to the Kazekage when you arrive. As soon as you arrive, you'll be given a place to stay and it is expected of you to remind isolated for a couple of days. Your protection will be of course, guaranteed. You'll be guarded by his most trusted Shinobi. "

Honestly, that made you feel at ease a bit. So you nodded, offered a sad smile to the Hokage. Because in all honesty, he was trying his best. Then to Kakashi, for protecting you and for ... Well being a honest and kind man.

"If you're ready," the young man offered his back to you and lowered. "Get on my back, we must move which and since you're untrained this is the best choice."

Shyly you got on his back, and it made you wonder how old this guy was. He was smaller than Kakashi... Either way, with everything being settled you both set out.

As you did, there was the regret of not being able to say goodbye to everyone. To your friends who despite knowing your past they stuck around. Most of all though, Sasuke. Out of everyone he was the first to take the initiative to get to know you without judging you. Deep down you knew he would understand, but at least he deserved a goodbye.

Hopefully, perhaps when you came back you could apologize. And just hopefully, he would still be around. He made it clear he too would some day to accomplish his goals.

Even if you did not see them again, you would forever be grateful to them for making your life less miserable. Because of that, despite the distance you will always remember them.