Chapter 25

Slowly, your mind begins to awakened  as your ears capture the sounds of crying. For a moment you're not sure what in the world is happening, until you open your eyes. However, as soon as you open your eyes, a heavy pounding attacked your head and the movements do not help at all.

Even if your head felt like it would split open, you forced your eyes to open only for you to see the back of someone's legs as they walked. Even as you make it known that you're awake, they do not make any indication that they care.

It's quite dark, but the moon's light makes it possible for them to see, and thus, continuing without even taking a rest. The girl who was being carried by Toyo, stopped her crying, now merely sobs.

You wanted to reassure her that she would be fine, if things went as planned. But if they didn't and your team lost track of you, the guilt would probably haunt you. There was no need for this girl to be involved, and her capture could have been prevented if you guys were not so focused in this mission. Others may say that for in order to rescue the rest of the girls, sometimes there had to be some sacrifices. But what right did you all had to ruin this girl's life. Though, it was partly her fault, if she had not been so naïve she would have not found herself in this situation.

Shaking your head, you tried not to find her fault in this, at least, not to justify your actions. Frowning, you hard to at least show that you too were afraid or they would suspect that something was not right. They'll then find that they were being followed. "Hey," you tried to speak, letting a chocking sound coming from your throat, as if trying to suppress your fear, "don't cry, everything will be alright." 

But she didn't respond, nor did the men. Eventually, you opted for sobbing quietly, showing that you were more than scared. If you wanted to make them believe that you were just a simple and defenseless girl, then you need to act like one. 

The constant walking and sometimes running felt eternal, and the position you were in was very uncomfortable. Maybe it was hours that the males walked, and you had to admit that they were physically strong if they were able to carry your body without stopping.

Hours later, finally Toyo decided to break the silence. "There's a cave, we can rest there for a couple of hours until we continue."

Why was he even speaking so loudly? 

They continued to head to said cave, once inside they set you both against the wall of the cave. It was so deep inside that you could no longer see outside. It was very dark, but they were prepared with a torch. Rafu staid close to the both of you while Toyo left to retrieve some wood to build a fire, but something else caught your attention. Rafu began to retrieve something, and it was a rag. He walked towards the other girl who began to sob.

Maybe you were wrong but that simple action gave you chills. Once he was done, he approached you but remained in silence watching you. You looked away, whimpering l, showing that you felt 'scared.' Your ears caught how he sighed, and you heard him getting closer.

You were surprised as his hands guided your face to look at him, but he was gentle, contrary as to how treated the other girl. "Open your mouth." Almost in a whisper, he commanded. 

Shaking, you let tears appear as you did as told. He placed the rag between your lips, and tied it. Once he was done, he pulled back and helped his companion with the fire. 

A frown was placed on your face as you observed them, what the hell was their plan? Why didn't they do that the moment they knocked you out? Once the fire illuminated the cave, it made you realize that it went deeper than this. There was still more are of the care that went deeper, but you didn't even get to question why.