Chapter 94

Naruto---

Naruto wouldn't take it good if you said your last goodbye. And to be honest with yourself, you weren't sure if it would be a definite one. Everyone wanted you to say, to rerun but they still had to realize that if you did stay, you would most likely go to prison. So, essentially, you didn't really have any other option. But you kept telling them that, perhaps for their own sake, to make them feel better.

And so, here you were, accompanying Naruto during one of his meals, and surprisingly enough, no one had showed up yet. No Ambu, no nothing. The blond male kept poking at his ramen, almost as if his hunger had magically disappeared. "I know how things are," he pushed his meal to the side and turned around to face you. "But Granny Tsunade said she's going to support you, you have to believe her .... Believe me."

Naruto..." If I do get the opportunity to live here or even at the Sand Village, maybe I'll take it. But right now a lot of things have happened and all I need is some time. Time to think, and to decide what it is that I want from here on."

" You can do that, here. We're your friends and we can help you. We will support you. " He furrowed his eyebrows, looking around as he would find the answer there. "You've been gone for years, I miss you. Please, don't leave." Honestly for a moment you thought he would get on his knees and beg.

The two of you were close, so you didn't really have to do anything other than turn to him and place a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Listen," but he wouldn't offer you his gaze, so you grabbed his face and gently guided it up so that he was now looking at you. For a moment you lost yourself in those bright blue eyes, filled with optimism and kindness. And you hesitated, you almost blurred out that you would stay. "It's something I need to do, and I really would like to leave being in good terms with you. I don't want to leave knowing you'll be angry with me. I'm not abandoning you, not this time."

Without a word, he stood up. "I'm sorry, I can't. I've seen you be happy before, and I want you to be happy like you used to before the Time Keepers showed up. Hold on a minute, I'll talk with Granny Tsunade, and I'll be right back. " With offered a quick and yet warm hug before he ran off.

"You know," the owner of the ramen restaurant decided that it was time to say something. "Naruto can be really, really dense."

"I know he means well, he's just overly optimistic about things." But he shook his head at your response.

"Naruto has always been a long, never knew the love of a father or a mother. So, he can't distinguish emotions. As a child he uses to talk white a bit about Sakura, you know how children's crushes are. However," he smiled, looking outside and then back at you. "He has grown attached more than he should have, more than he realizes. Most times when he comes here,  he tends to talk about you without even noticing. "

" Naruto is just too kind, when he becomes Hokage he'll the the greatest. " But the man just laughed.

" Naruto, " he wanted to say it be okay to say it? Or should it be Naruto to say it? But once Naruto realized his own emotions, you'll probably be gone. " [Name], Naruto doesn't realize that he cares more for you than a friend does. Just know that I'd you do leave for good, he's going to be heartbroken. "

With that, he must have realized that you both would not eat the meals so he took the bowls. While he did that, you walked out, feeling guilty. How were you supposed to feel about it? You loved them all, you did, they were all your friends.  But with how busy you had been, with how messy life has been, goi hadn't had the time to think about romance. How would you supposed to act, now that you knew you would be breaking some hearts when you left.

You didn't know, but it definitely didn't feel good.