Chapter 40

Why did people assume you knew everything? It was amusing to see how people thought that you were aware of everything and everyone, and although they were correct at some extent, it was annoying.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, you rubbed the bridge of your nose. "I could gather that information, but what for? So that they can be sent to prison and  will eventually be out in a couple of years or they'll scape." What you really wanted to say was that those criminals did not deserve to live. They've caused enough pain, and the more they lived, the more pain they'll bring upon others.

The woman, who you came to know as the Hokage, furrowed her eyebrows and her eyes hardened. "The punishment they are given is not for you to give. You'll serve your purpose and when done, you'll be returned to the Sand Village. We'll make sure to speak of your cooperation and maybe, just maybe, it will help you get a lower sentence."

"Like I said," you paused to shake your head, "People don't trust that easily, especially when villages turned their backs on those who were personally affected by the abductions of these girls. They trust me and my companions, and I don't believe you'll so easily allow me to leave this place to do so, isn't that right?" You waited for the woman to answer your question, but her silence served as an answer. "The only thing that I can do is to give you the names of those that have already been killed." 

The woman leaned forward, already making a fist. "Don't play with me girl, why would that even help with?"

It wasn't easy to just hand the notebook over to someone because you simply did not allow anyone to touch it. But, you'll just have to make an exception. "Maybe someone can make a connection. I only had and still have a goal in mind, and that is to kill these criminals. Although these are only names, I can write the information of each one of them. That can help you, and maybe even help me find whomever is the boss."

Her eyes remained on your face for a minute or so, until she relaxed her expression and leaned back. "Information of all of them? Can you even remember?"

Remember? "Oh, I can even tell you how each one of them looked with details." Because you did, it was rather... Something to be concerned about, it wasn't just normal that no matter the time, you could vividly remember their faces and even what they were wearing when you killed them.

You weren't the only  one to be concerned  about it, Tsunade glanced at Kakashi with a raised eyebrow but aside from that, she did not say  anything else. "For now, it'll do. I'll have someone to work on it once you provide us with more information. For the time being, you'll be provided with anything that you need. You'll be given a certain freedom, you can go anywhere within the village but someone will be guarding you day and night. Is that clear?" 

Nodding, you rose from your feet ready to follow whomever was to guard you. It didn't take long to realize that for now, it would be Kakashi. Said male lead the way to where your residence will be located. The way to your temporary home, was very awkward. Kakashi just read on the way, but you could feel his gaze on you every once in a while. 

No matter how much you tried not to get everything  get to you, it was. A sense of self hate crawled into your skin, reminding you that if you had not willingly show yourself to Kakashi and the others, it would have taken them longer to find you. That time could have been used, or at least you would have tried to target another brothel. 

It wasn't easy for you to lose your cool, you've learned that anger would only make things worse while thinking with a clear head worked smoother. That's why it was very difficult to get yourself very angry, but just thinking over what had been happening made you lose your composed temper. The apartment was very small, it had only what was needed, a room, a kitchen and a bathroom so you didn't have enough space to even pace back and forth trying to clear your head.