Chapter 15

Note: Not sure it makes sense, hopefully it does. I have a lot of chapters done for this one, I just need to add a few new ones in between before I post the rest. So, thank you for your patience!

----
Dangerous, everything was just dangerous and getting out of hand. It probably never hit you how at risk you were until now. Until finally someone actually tried to get their hands on you. And... You were terrified. Despite facing that man hours ago, your heart still pounded inside your chest. Your movements were twitchy, because your body was still in alert.

However, it was not the man you faced earlier that had you this terrified. No, it was what you discovered what make you feel like puking. "So it was best for me to do what everyone else did then?"

Because, why did it mattered that you testified? That you identified all of Junko's clients when all they were going to do was put them under investigation and then if they were able to link them to this case, then they would be punished. If they were not able to cause them, if they didn't find any other proof then they were going to be set free.

The Hokage looked away, almost in shame and with hesitation. "Unfortunately your case is different," he began but then paused to decide if it was best to tell you the truth or just lie. Lying would have made you feel better, but sooner or later you would find the truth. He didn't want you to hate him or the village for lying to you. "You destroyed a brothel, killed clients, killed one of their own. I can only imagine how much that must have affected their earnings, not to mention how many clients they lost that day and any future clients too. Even more so when they know there are investigations being done. I'll like to sugarcoat the truth, but it isn't going to benefit you. They're going to try and kill you whether you cooperate with us or not."

Being on front of the Hokage should have helped with your fear. He promised he would protect you, so you should feel that protection, you should feel safe here. But you weren't, you didn't feel safe at all.

"I promised your safety." Your fear had been so great that your brain toned out his voice, so he raised the tone of his voice only to startle you. 

There was only so much that he could do, and quite honestly, he wouldn't always be able to protect you. "They're going to kill me either tomorrow or...or in a few weeks. It's only a matter of time...I...At least, at least..." At least they could teach you how to defend yourself, instead of relying on them. They were not going to be there for you always.

Although you didn't say it, he knew what you wanted. " As long as I am alive, I'll do whatever I can to help you and protect you. It's time that you heal, and that you live happy."

But it was this time that you interrupted him. It was rude to do so, but it was your body and mind  that acted on it's own. "That's-that's" stupid, it was what you almost said had he not said your name.

"[Name]," the man rose to his feet and attempted to approach you, but you didn't allow him to do so. You moved away from him instead. "I know in times like this it's hard to trust people, but you already know Kakashi, he'll be in charge of your protection." But that was not enough, " if he was one of them, he would have harmed you by now, he is the one who had been keeping an eye on you since you arrived."

"But, will he come with me then? I...At least let me be able to protect myself, please." And as if all hope had left your body, your shoulders dropped. You felt your eyes sting but you only blinked to get rid of any tears.

But he must have forgotten that after you were done here, you would be leaving to other villages. "I..." He looked down, thinking, "If they allow it, then yes he will go with you. At the moment you're not mentally and emotionally ready to be trained. It won't allow you to heal properly." What he meant was, if you trained you probably would fill your head with different scenarios, scenarios that wouldn't benefit you at all. The lady thing he wanted was for you to follow Sasuke's goal.

If they allowed it, but what if they didn't? Honestly, what if some of their leaders were also part of it? Wha- " please, " once again he spoke, he smiled trying to calm you down. " This is your home, don't you forget that. You're part of the Hidden Leaf Village, and even if they don't allow it, I'll make sure that Kakashi protects you." When you finally walked back to your seat, and sat down, he continued. " I know things are not ideal with your family, I really wish things could have worked out for the best for all of you."

You did too.

Things would never work out, no matter how much you all tried. Your parents were afraid, afraid of you, afraid of what you would do. They thought you were so damaged that you would be capable of hurting their youngest daughter. She would never see you as her sister either, she never knew you. And when you both met, she only saw you as the cause of the loss of all she had. Her life, her home, her friends and perhaps the luxury she once had. Seeing it from that point, you could understand her a little bit. It wasn't easy to start again, to live in a new environment with new people. To work hard and meet new people and for new friendships.

Because you knew that too, you knew how it felt. Like with Junko was horrible, but you had people , the girls, who cared about you. Or at least, that was what you thought... "I," the Hokage's voice regained your attention, "I'm not entirely sure when the other villages will request for your presence. If it will make you feel more at ease, and perhaps happy then I'll try to arrange new housing preparations. I am not entirely sure if we will be able to arrange them now, but we will try. Just hang a little longer with your family."

You had nothing else to do than nod.

Normality was the Hokage wanted for you and it was kind of him, really. That he wanted to protect you from any further scarring. However, what he failed to understand that it was hard to live a normal life when you had already been scarred. Years could pass but that would never get rid of what you already lived.

Not to mention, that he was being very optimistic. But the reality of things was that...Your life was far from being normal, and there was so much ahead of you. Unfortunately, ahead of you waited nothing but more scars.