Chapter 114

Things were a lot worse than he thought. Which was why it had taken him longer to return, otherwise you wouldn't be here. In fact, you both would have been away and you would have been training, hard.  But, time was a complicated thing to understand.  And right now, Time was what seemed to be wrong and not on his side.

His plans along with everyone else's plans were intertwined with Time itself. And no matter what they did, none of those plans would come to fruition.  Mainly, he would do all he wanted, move a few strings here and there but at the end of the day, it wouldn't matter.

It didn't matter when someone else had time on his hands, Time itself to do and change whatever they wanted. Obito was surprised that man had not taken that power to gain power, to have the world at his feet.

No, instead he used that power to set up all those brothels and abused children. But mainly, to make sure you were trapped and caged all the while keeping a record of the trajectory of your life. Which was was you were sent to visit The Sand Village and The Leaf Village. It seemed you knew people there, close friends, or perhaps lovers.

So that even if he failed, there would be a record of your current life. A life that was filled with abuse and shackles while your friends(lovers) loved their lives happy. Or while some of your friends took part in that abuse, that was why you were here. To tempt them, so that they could use your so-called services.

He didn't know you that well, at least on a personal level. With all the investigation he did, he knew all the details of your life. He shouldn't feel pity, but he did. You managed to escape and to be frank, you were more than lucky that he had not found out. Otherwise, you would find yourself in that pit while again.

However, he frowned. His fate and his plans were in your hands. As long as that man was able to travel back in time his plans would not come to fruition. He could work on his own, he could, but it would take time and right now the last thing he needed was to play with the time you all had.

"What took you so long?" Obito heard you whisper as you sat down on the sofa. You looked tired as if something bad had happened. He wasn't surprised something bad would happen having that brothel in the Village. "We can leave right away."

"We can't leave. You can't leave." He emphasized you, just to make it clearer in case you didn't get it. "Things are far worse than I anticipated. " He paused, "and you're not a simple..." For some strange reason, he wouldn't say the word prostitute.  "Woman, you're far more important than you think. It seems you're the key to fixing this whole mess."

It wouldn't be easy to try and convince some people. Well, Kages to be precise. But speaking to the Hokage would be the most important right now, they'll figure things out later on. But time was ticking and the more time passed, the sooner Inei would realize you were gone. Iwao was smart, that's why he still had yet to inform Inei that you were gone. Once he found out, Iwao would be counting his days. Not just him, but all of those who were involved in preventing your disappearance, and those who failed to inform him.

Or maybe they were dumb, and they didn't think much about it. Sure you were valuable, but you were still replaceable.  That's another reason why they didn't bother to inform Inei, they didn't think you were that important.

"What?" You asked confused as you stood up. Your face morphed from confused, and furious to fear. "I can't stay here." By now you had walked up to him and even grasped his arm gently. "They're here and they're going to find me."

"As long as I am here, they'll never touch you. However," he frowned, not that you saw it though, "you need to understand that you must follow everything I tell you. Those people are not the ones you need to be worried about. I need you to remain here and not open the door to anyone. Not even your new friends."

With that, he was gone. He went to see the person he once considered his friend. Said person wasn't hard to find, Obito knew exactly where to find him. He did not want to be here, to stand where Rin's remains remained. His heart had been shattered years ago, and through the years he felt both pain. He was numb, until now. A pain in his chest reminded him why he had to be here.

"I knew the Akatsuki was involved with all of this," Kakashi spoke finally turning to look at him. But he did not attack.

Normally he would maintain his cheery persona, but for now, he didn't bother to. It wouldn't even matter if Kakashi found out right now that he was Obito. Once everything returned as it should, none of them would remember this conversation took place. "Not the Akatsuki, just me." Finally, Obito spoke. " Before he continued he made sure no one was around spying on them. "I'll go straight to the point, we need to protect [Name] at all costs."

Kakashi was not on the defensive if Tobi wanted he would have attacked by now. "That was the Hokage's offer but she refused to take that offer. Her safety will be out of our hands once she leaves the Village. "

"I'll give you all the information you need, but for that, the Hokage needs to be present."

"We both know that's not going to happen. " Kakashi moved, preparing himself for whatever Tobi threw at him. Maybe this was just a ruse to kill the Hokage, and maybe you were part of it as well.

"[Name] is a Time Keeper, " Obito revealed, "most records have been deleted but I'm sure you've heard of them before."

Kakashi frowned and maybe he shouldn't have but his gaze traveled to the ground.  He had never heard of Time Keepers but it felt familiar. He could not quite understand how. "Let's assume what you say is true, what exactly are Time Keepers?"

Obito wasn't surprised. Inei made sure to kill the most Time Keepers, only kept one or two, and kept them well hidden. "They keep a timeline of history. They travel back in time to make sure their records are accurate without being biased and altered. Time has been altered, the now you are living isn't real. And the only person who can go back and fix it is [Name]."

"She seems just like any other civilian." Though her chara signature wasn't particularly normal if he thought about it. It felt normal but there was something more to it, something that would be easy to miss if you didn't pay much attention to it.

Obito crossed his arms across his chest. "We don't have time," Obtio stressed.

"The Akatsuki has been nothing but trouble, don't blame me for not believing a single word you've said right now. "  Just like that Obtio disappeared only for him to return with you. Judging by the look on your face and the way you were breathing you had been taken without notice. 

Kakashi's frown deepened as he watched you struggle to maintain your valance. Once you were better, you straightened up and for once you sent the deadliest glare to Obito.  "Tell him the truth."

But you looked confused, not sure what he wanted you to say. Then your eyes widened but you seemed conflicted. "I-" You didn't want to talk, that was clear. "Please. I just want this to end." You looked to Obito for help, but he did not let out a word.

"If you want to live this cycle over and over again, don't speak. But no matter what you say or do, not even killing yourself will save you from receiving this nightmare.  It's up to you if you want it to end."

"I'm not sure what he told you," finally you started to speak. "I am a...A Time Keeper. I would have never believed him. But...but that is how I managed to escape from that brothel." But Kakashi was not an easy man to convince it seemed. "At the Sand Village, I was expected to entertain the Kazekage.  He refused and I was punished. Normally guards are not allowed to lay a finger on us but this time he...He beat me and he..." You let it to their imaginations to figure out what the guard was trying to do. "The fear must have triggered it. The next thing I knew, I was standing outside and I...I could hear myself struggling to escape. I took the chance and took the guard by surprise. I killed him and when I saw the other me, we just...merged into one."

The two of you stared at Kakashi to see if he believed your story. But there was no response from Kakashi, no expression on his face revealed whether he believed it or not.

Kakashi was their ticket to the Hokage, and if he didn't believe it then he would have no other option but to...