Chapter 32

The following morning, you got as early as you could to wait for Naruto. Who could have thought that you'll be seeing Naruto! And even at such young age, he would still managed to remember you! 

Though maybe you were too early because an hour later and Naruto had yet to show up. You had been waiting outside the inn since you didn't know in which room he was staying at. However, a rushing blond male exited the inn as he tugged at his jacket, obviously he had changed in a hurry.. "Sorry I am late!"

It didn't even matter that you had been waiting for an hour, you were glad that he showed up. "It's alright, I got here very early. Sorry!"

Just as he relaxed, his belly spoke for him by sending a loud grumbling begging to be fed. The male's cheeks turned bright pink in embarrassment as he scratched the back of his head. 

That sight only made your smile widen. "Let's get something to eat, my treat." 

The male had been surprised at how easily you moved around the place without any issue. "Have you been here before?"

Turning around to face him as you walked, you shook his head. "I've been traveling for quite a while, I know places and it's kind of predictable where some of the restaurant are.What about you?" Turned back to look where you were going, you asked curious.

"We got here two days ago, but I have also been traveling but only for two years." Naruto confessed as he glanced around each place in a rather uninterested manner. "I left the Leaf Village with Pervy Sage to train." He brought his fist forward and his eyes were filled with determination. "I'll get so strong and one day I'll become Hokage. Believe it!" He raised his fist up in the air with a wide grin.

Your eyes widened with more than surprise. That was his goal? Whatever the reason for that to be his goal, you could not help but wonder that if he ever did become Hokage, he would do an excellent job. You were about to ask why, a restaurant came closer and you didn't have the chance to ask him as he rushed inside rather excited.

Maybe another day, you tell yourself as you follow the blond male. Once inside, you are both directed to ab empty table where you both wait for your orders. There is no room for talking as Naruto seemed to be much more captivated by the food being served to other clients. Once your food finally arrived, he didn't waste any time to dig in.

His appetite was something rather astonishing! Rather than eat your own meal, you silently watched in amusement as he ordered more and more until he sighed in satisfaction. "Should we go then?" Once you paid you both left the restaurant and walked out. "What news do you have of the others?"

"Well," he started as you headed to the park, "we graduated from the Academy and we all were placed into teams. Shikamaru was placed on team 10 with Ino and Choji with their teacher being Asuma. Kiba belongs to team 8 with Hinata and Shino and their teacher is Kurunai. I don't know if you met them, but there's also Neji, TenTen and Lee and their teacher is Might Guy." There was so much enthusiasm as he talked.  "And then there's our team, team 7." His voice lowered and became melancholic. "I am part of team 7, and so is Sakura and Sasuke and our teacher is Kakashi. But..."

Sasuke huh? This is the first time you heard from him, even just his name. It was painful to have to let go of that friendship you both had, if he even considered it. But you felt that even if he had acted so cold that day, deep down he really cared. The way Naruto spoke could only mean one thing and nothing good."What happened?"

"What drove Sasuke's goal was vengeance, and when he found someone that could make him strong he took that chance. Not long after Orochimaru attacked and killed the Hokage, he joined him." But the edge of determination returned to his voice as he narrowed his eyes. "I promised Sakura that I'll bring him no matter how long it takes me. Believe it!"