Chapter 72

There was no training area here, it would be absurd. They were trying to stay hidden, and they only had the basics.Besides, from what Deidara bad been telling you, they never stayed in one place for too long.

Deidara stood not too far from you, he leaned against a tree while a few others had been given the task of staying on guard. Time Keepers did not need a door, so it wouldn't be difficult for them to appear wherever they wanted. They were here  for protection. Though there was a question that was yet to be answered. Why hasn't this man tried to travel back? He should be able to, shouldn't he?

The male that kneeled in front of you looked starved, he was thin. His face was still swollen and bruised, but judging by his posture and how he lowered his head, he was tired. Perhaps even given up.

"Even if you're a hunter," finally you broke the silence, "you must know the basics of a Time Keeper. Now, speak."

The man said nothing but he did raise his gaze and just stared at you for a few moments. Emotions flooded his gaze, a moment he looked enraged and then there was nothing but pity.

You looked up as wind ruffled your hair and even the new coat that had been provided to you. It left a sour and disgusting taste in your mouth having to wear it. You hated what they were doing, and yes, you were not an angel but at least you had a cause. A cause you decided to give up after everything that had happened to you.

Now, what cause did you have? To live? There was a chance of fighting to change your future and maybe, just maybe, you had a chance of living and if being happy. But... Would you have that opportunity? Just like you, Time Keepers had changed their fate and they probably would continue to do so when you traveled back in time. Not to mention that they had an upper hand, they had experience and they had their history. You had nothing other than this man.

And it was not enough. So, although you had every right to be selfish and seek for vengeance, you've accepted that you were done. You were finished, you were dead and it was just a matter of time. But you were still alive and you still had time. If you were dying you were going to bring everyone else down with you. All of those monsters, you were going to die and you were to make sure they all did too.

"Speak," you hardened your voice and your eyes trailed to a boring Deirada. "Deidara doesn't seem to happy now, surely he is more than eager to find a toy to play." Once more, the Time Keeper did not a move but you did you turned just slightly, " Just make sure he doesn't die. We still need him alive."

Daidara's face brightened with excitement and he wasted no time to move. However, the young Time Keeper, even if exhausted, moved quick to grasp the lower part of your coat. Time Keepers had trained their so called hunters, but that didn't change the fact that none of them had spilled blood from others. They had not been faced the torture. "W-wait!" You could detect his desperation, "I'll cooperate."

You waited for him to stand up, and when he did you faced him once more. The Time Keeper took a moment to study you, it had been a few days since he last saw you. When he met you, you seemed pretty healthy, not a sign of dark circles or bags. Now you looked pale, tired and there were circles under your eyes. If he looked broken, so did you and he could not help but wonder if they were making a mistake. Sure you traveled back in time but you didn't reveal much of the future. Or at least, that was what he knew, not a lot was shared with them. "Since you aren't proficient in traveling, you need a link. Judging by the fact that you've traveled, " he swallowed, he was probably thirsty. "You must have a link already, it would make it easier if that link is here."

He was speaking about Toyo, and if you asked he without a doubt, travel with you to hell if needed. But they had a shot at life, it wasn't necessary for them to ruin their life. Besides, just like you were a walking dead, so was this Time Keeper. There was no reason to sacrifice any more innocent lives. "You'll be my link, you'll teach me in how to do it and even more. " 

He opened his dry and chapped lips but whatever he was going to say didn't scape those lips. Instead he changed whatever he was about to say. " From what our records have, you already know most of the basics. It shouldn't take long for you to learn how to link with me, and for you to travel back in time. What should be difficult is to have control over where you with to travel back to. "

" Good. Let us start, and I promise that by the end of the day you'll have better sleeping arrangements and a good meal. "

He shouldn't, he knew that he shouldn't but he could not help but feel relief. He was young, and he was trained for battle. But they have never taken part of a battle, they never needed to. So, although at first they thought they were ready for everything... He came to realize that they weren't. Most of them controlled time, but they could not control their emotions. So he could not deny that he was terrified, he has been since the day he was cought.

And he wondered why had the real Time Keepers allowed to be the hunters. They were able to travel back in time, links weren't capable of doing so. Once they were caught, they were done for.

He wasn't sure if it was alright for him to feel relieved that his torment was over... At least for now.