Chapter 75

If there is one thing you had learned by now, is that you cannot fix your problems by trying to fix them. At least, to fix them without having to deal with the root of the problem. And what better way than to fix the root of that problem, to go back in time and kill Iwao. You've tried before, but this time time you weren't going to fail. Not to mention all of those who contributed to the slavery to increase. Which of course, included officials and Shinobi from villages. You were going to make sure to stop them, and in doing so, you'll prevent the slavery of some of the girls who had not been fortunate to be saved when you had been captured.

Your thoughts were forced out of your mind as you heard someone enter what you had now been using as a training area. It was just a small dark room, there was absolutely no out source of lights, if it wasn't for the candles you've lighted, it would be absolutely black. "Deidara chan said you'll be here," the chirpy voice of Tobi reached your ears.

The other presence in the room was Banri, the Time Keeper who has been once captured. The male stood up from his seat, and nodding he left the room. You watched him leave the room, and you wondered if the time came, would he still continue with his mission? His life here wasn't horrific, there was the occasional mocking of Deidara, Robi and even Hidan. But you've ordered them not to hurt him, as long as he was in charge of your training.

And although he did have plenty of time to kill you, he never tried too. Perhaps it was the fear. He may have been trained to be a hunter, but that did not take away his dead. He was afraid of dying, of what these people could do to him. Specially since he had felt first hand what they were capable of.

"What do you want," you questioned, standing up and waiting for Tobi to speak.

The man turned around to close the door and just for a few more momenta he remained silent, turned around to face you. It was hard to say what ran through Tobi's mind, even if you had spent two years with these people. Yes, he acted so hyper and friendly, but there was always the feeling that there was more to him than he let on.

The others who were a bit more difficult to know were Sasori, Konan and Pain. The rest were a lot easier to know.  Well, with the exception of Itachi, or course. These were criminals, and even so, some of them were more than willing to protect you if they had too. Some, even if ordered, they never hesitated to provide their protection when Time Keepers, and others had attacked.

"I just wanted to see what you were doing," he began as he got closer, and playfully. But, he stopped walking about 5 feet away from you. Despite him acting so strange, you weren't afraid, you were more than capable of defending yourself if you had to. Tobi's hand disappeared inside his coat, only to retrieve a scroll. Without a warning, he tossed it to you. "I was advised to give this to you when you were ready," and although his voice still remained chirpy, there was a hidden tone to it. More serious.

Assuming that it was from Pain, which was rather odd, you've been reporting to him often... You still unrolled the scroll, only for your eyes to widen. And for once, since you've been forced to come here, your heart's rate began to rise. "How-who gave you this?"

Tobi wasn't afraid anymore as he changed the tone of his voice, his voice wasn't that of Robi but if someone else. "Just read it, that will answer your question."

Having no other option, your eyes landed on the first sentence and then you stopped. Instead of reading it, you threw it back at Tobi's feet. "Whatever Madara or Hashirama or anyone else has to say mean nothing to me."

If Tobi or whomever this man was, wasn't wearing his mask, you would have been his eye widened in shock. "Didn't Madara mean anything to you?" Or better yet, what did they do to make you this angry.

"He did, they all did but they've destroyed themselves. And I knew their goals, I do not need to read that letter to know what he wants. Revenge, most likely. It's no secret the Uchiha are mostly gone, and I'm assuming he wants me to go back for his own benefit." And back you wanted to go, perhaps one day, to be able to see them again. And perhaps one day, if you had the opportunity, you wanted to go back and see them at least for one last time. To at least offer them a proper goodbye, and to thank them all for what they've done. "Now, how did you get your hands on that letter? No," you narrowed your eyes as it was your turn to close the distance between the two of you. " Who exactly are you, and why are you so interested that I read that letter? "

Then, then there was an empty laugh. " You are so naive," he said as he too took more steps forward. "In order to stop the trafficking of children, much more needs to be done. Do you think destroying those who control it is enough? The world is cruel, and the moment you do destroy them there will be others who will take their place." How only visible eye showed so much hatred as he seemed to have remembered something.

Life wasn't easy, people had painful pasts and Tobi, if that was his name, had his own one. He seemed hurt, everyone was hurt and in pain. They had one way or another been hurt humanity. Perhaps life wasn't fair to some, but it was up to each one of them to react how they wanted. Some took it upon themselves to come up with a way to make the world a better place. "Perhaps you're not wrong, but what good would it do to punish the whole world for the pain that others have caused? If it is peace you want, if it is happiness for everyone that you want, then you might as well destroy the world along with evey living being in it. People are complicated and there will always be a mix of people. Some are evil who enjoy putting others through pain. There are others who wish to have power and they'll go through whatever they need to to accomplish it. But there are others who are kind, others who want peace. And you know why they're good?" You leaned forward, and by now you were almost touching Tobi. " They're good because they wish to bring that peace but without sacrificing a single life. "

Had you not moved back, and if he had not been wearing that mask, you would have felt the warm air that left his lips as he scoffed. " I'm assuming you fit in that category."

Now it was your turn to laugh, and you wish that laugh wasn't empty. "I'm not that kind, if anything, I'm doing this for myself."

Obito  watched as your body began to surround in your own chakra and he knew, or at least felt what you were about to do. But before he acted, your body began to disintegrate into dust of chakra. "Until we see each other Tobi." Your voice   echoed in the room, and he could detect, he could hear kindness driving from it.

He was about to leave the room but stopped as a sense of deja vu hit him. He let out a curse as he rushed to find the Time Keeper, before he reported back to Pain. However, when he entered his room he found absolutely no one.

And he stopped and let a sour smile adorn his lips. Who would have thought that the Akatsuki would end up being played.