Chapter 46

Things fell apart as soon as Rafu was notified of what had happened, he simply left the group. That only left Toyo and Hina, even as much as he hated the idea of having to deliver her to the Leaf Village safely, there was not a day, hour or even minute that his rage  cursed through his veins. How he just wanted to leave the woman to her own fate. 

"You're doing that again." The voice of Hina interrupted his thoughts. Her voice was sweet, and if he was just like any other man, it would have been pleasing for his ears. But to him, he just wanted to shut her, for her to stop. "You're angry again."

Toyo had been up ahead while Hina struggled to catch up to her. He spun around with a glare so deathly that Hina stumbled back with fear. "Stop it, stop trying to be friendly." With each word, he stepped back forcing Hina back. Before he got any closer, he stopped to stare at her. She moved from one side to another with her anxiousness. "Why didn't you warn us? You had plenty of time to warn us and we could have prevented all of this from happening."

The woman was shocked upon Toyo's soft tone. She struggled to gather her words not expecting the sudden change on the man. "I don't know." She finally admitted.

"But I do." He spoke. "You say that it wanted to end her pain, but I know that's not true. During the time that we kept you, you had the hope of being free. It has been so many years of your slavery, and you just wanted to be free. Deep down, whether you want to accept it or not, you hated her. You hated her for not accepting the freedom she had, you wanted that freedom. Didn't you? You felt that she didn't deserve what she had, but you did? Isn't that right?" 

Each word struck a cord, cutting the layer of lies that she had contracted. With each word, it was reaching the truth. "N-no! That-that is not true. I-" 

"[Name] loved you like a mother. You have no idea what she suffered, you think that once she freed herself she would be accepted so easily. But that's not true." Her captured Hina's full attention. " You think that it was easier for her to be introduced to the life she once had. But, she was so young when she was taken, you don't have any idea what she had to carry with her. Her own family was afraid of her, the people who were supposed to protect and love her." There was no doubt that the man was indeed in love, as he spoke about you, his eyes twinkled. "So she made her own path, a path that you influenced. She felt guilty that she acted so late and that she was unable to save you. Although she never said it, with her smile, I knew that everytime a girl was saved, she imagined you." 

Defeated, he gave her his back to let his words sink in. "You don't understand." The way her words rushed out of her mouth, it was as if she had trouble breathing. "I love her, how couldn't I? She was just a small girl when she was taken, I was too young back then but I was the eldest of the girls. Many girls were taken to that brothel but never of her age. That's when i lost all hope, but, even if I did, I knew I had to look out for her. She was such a wonderful girl I couldn't let them destroy her life like they did to us. Even if she was young, you cannot imagine how horrible men can be, some requested her but I shifted their attention to other girls, girls who agreed to keep [Name] safe." As she spoke, tears covered her cheeks. "I-" her soft cries turned to violent crying. "It was six years that I got to know her, six years for me to love her as my own. I didn't want freedom, it was already too late for me. There was not a moment that I wished for her to be free, to return to her family and be loved. " 

Toyo watched as Hina covered her face with the palm of her hands as her body trembled as her cries intensified. "That's when I was moved to another brothel, it was known that the older women, when they were no longer desirable, they were killed. So, when they were taking me away, [Name] and I assumed the worse. I tried to be strong for her but,"as if remembering, she hugged herself, "it broke my heart seeing her so torn." For a moment, she cried out trying to get it all out. Once she calmed down, only hip cups were the only indication of her previous crying. "If I knew hell, I cannot describe what it was like with Iwao. He, it is uncommon for him to personally deal with the sex trade, but, this brothel, oh god." Just remembering made her shiver. "These clients are much more wealthy, and much more terrifying. Not only do they rape the young girls, but they even torture them. There were some deaths, and they  just disposed of their bodies as if they were trash."