Chapter 14

Normally your young friend would be waiting for you here as you headed to the academy. But it has been a week since you were locked in your home and you weren't allowed to go to the academy, as punishment. So, he probably grew tired of waiting every day, and so, he wasn't here this morning.

You weren't alone though, someone or rather some kids were waiting for you this morning. Shikamaru, Kiba, Choji and Shino had been patiently waiting on the route you took to the academy.

"Finally," Shikamaru let out a bored sigh.

Kiba scratched his head, looking embarrassed. "We... We wanted to apologize for what happened the other day. We were curious and if it wasn't for us, none of that would have happened."

It wasn't that they were pressing to know about you and your past. No, it was the fact that your sister felt threatened. She felt that you were going to steal her so called friends, that was why she acted like that. They were uncomfortable with your silence, as you simply stated at them. "It wasn't your fault." Finally you spoke and as you did, Kiba's puppy popped from the inside of his jacket. "She just... Doesn't like me."

"But she's your sister." Choji added.

" Blood related, " you began as you started to walk. " She was just a baby when I was taken away. Right now, I'm just a stranger and the cause of loss of a lot of things in her life. " Like her own friends and her life.

Judging by the bored expression on Shukamaru's face, you'll say that he already figured that out. "What...What is going to happen from now on?" Curious Kiba asked. Your parents should have been involved in the situation but because of how you didn't show up to the Academy, they knew where they stood up. They knew who's side they were in, and it wasn't your side. 

The explanation was about to leave your lips when someone joined the conversation. The man must had been jumping from tree to tree, just like some ninja do. "The Hokage wants to talk to you."

It was a male, his face had a hint of familiarity to it. Like, when you see someone and maybe you have never met them but their face just seem so familiar. "I just..." He said he was going to let you go to the Academy, and later on the day he would summon you.

The man smiled as he walked towards you, standing in front of you. His hand reached forward, until his fingers grasped your chin. "Darling, the Hokage can't wait."

'You have no idea how that nickname makes my skin crawl. ' Hana's voice rand through your ears.  A memory flashed in front of you, and you remembered when you asked her why she shuddered whenever that man would say that. That man...Not only did Hana hated it when he called her that, but she hated that damn mole on his nose.

His hand seemed to have enjoyed playing with your chin, his gaze staring at your own. And you knew that if Shikamaru and the others were not here, this man would do a lot more than just kill you. Shaking your head, you took a step back so that you were out of his reach. "The Hokage promised I was going to continue the Academy," you walked towards the boys.

Once again, Shikamaru wasn't stupid. He was quick to notice the way your eyes shifted from them to the man. Or the way your body shuddered in fear and disgust. "H-"

"I'm just he can wait," with his shoulder Shikamaru pushed you forward and towards the Academy. The man was not stupid either, he knew doing something now would capture unwanted attention.

When the group was far enough, Shikamaru stopped walked and watched your back until finally you stopped too. "Uh... Why did you guys stop walking?" Kiba asked as he turned to face Shikamaru.

Shino... Although quiet, he was observant too and he knew that man was not there on good terms. "You have to tell the Hokage."

Your head was lowered, and you were glaring at the ground so hard. "I don't know what I'm going to do." They heard you talk, and then you grabbed your hair with so much force that if you tugged a little more, some strands would rip out of your scalp. "They're going to kill me. They know and they're going to kill me." Or worse. But you didn't want to even think about that.

"Hey," Kiba patted your back in a comforting way.  "The Hokage isn't going to let that happen. Right Shikamaru?"

They didn't know all the details about your case, but they pieced everything together. Shikamaru didn't answer the question, instead he kept staring at you. Or perhaps he was trying to figure something else.

"Hmm. Don't be such a fool." The voice you hadn't heard in a while captured the attention of everyone. Sasuke seemed to have been late, that was why you didn't see him earlier. "The Hokage isn't going to do anything about it. You'll be an idiot if you think he will. The only reason he has you here is for his own interest. He knows he's going to benefit himself and the village with your help. That's what matters to him the most. If he did, he wouldn't put you through all this danger in the first place."

The younger boy stopped at your side, his head turned to the side and his eyes on your face. "Don't depend on anyone else but yourself. Or do you think they're going to help you? Just like they helped you all of those years ago? " With that question, he moved on and left you behind.

He wasn't wrong, you knew that, he knew that and even Shikamaru knew that. Or why would he lower his head.

In silence you turned around and continued walking towards the Academy. The others followed in silence, not knowing what to say. What could they say. They were still kids anyway.

But Sasuke was right... But all you needed was to wait just a little longer.