Chapter 52

The screams, they were always so loud and just filled with so much pain. At first they weren't present when these screams happened, but once they did, Hashimara quickly arose from his slumber and rushed to the source of the screams. 

Upon hearing them, he assumed that they were under attack, however, when the two brothers arrived...They realized that you were not being attacked, you were having a nightmare. 

Hashimara rushed to your bed, and for a split second he stopped to watch you. You were crying, screaming in your sleep and begged someone to stop. But he continued to grasp your shoulders softly, and shook your body to wake you from your nightmare. 

Tobimara remained inside the room, but he only observed. He wasn't the most suitable for these situations. 

You opened your eyes, but your eyes were filled with tears and because of that, you must have confused Hashimara with someone you knew. Otherwise you would not have thrown your arms around the dark haired male, and buried your face on his chest. Your cries and screams continued but this time they were muffled. Tobimara's brother didn't hesitate to take you into his arms and comfort you. 

It had been over a month since you appeared, it didn't matter how much Tobimara tried to understand you...He couldn't read you. But he didn't need any of that to know that whomever you were dreaming about...Had completely destroyed the person you used to be. 

What...Who had done that to you? Could  that have been them? Tobimara frowned, the Uchiha were capable of that and more. His gaze shifted to your arms, your neck...There were scratches, you did that in your sleep as if trying to get rid of someone's touch. 

How could... Unconsciously, his hands formed fists. Doing that kind of torture was beneath him, and it disgusted him to the core that someone was so vile to torture someone, a woman in such a way. 

It didn't matter how much time passed, those wounds you carried would never completely heal...Maybe with time....With a lot of time. 

"Hey," Hashimara's voice sounded so soothing, but even so, you pushed him away from you as if his touch had burned you. Complete terror was written on your face, and your hands moved up and down your arms, your nails scratching your skin even more. "It's okay," his brother tried again, this time staring up from the bed, "whomever did... Whomever caused you all this pain will never hurt you again."

That man or men may have hurt you over a month ago,but the look of terror on your face, and the far away look...It was as it it had happened yesterday. But, the nightmares didn't help either, they will continue to keep those wound unhealed.  "You..." Finally you began to speak, "I...I failed to kill him..." Your gaze seemed clearer, and you stopped scratching at your skin. However, your eyebrows furrowed as you glared at your bloody hands. "He'll never stop until..." Until he finds you again and either continues to torture you or finally put an end to you. How you wished he would have killed you instead. 

"Who was this man? What happened?" Feeling that you touched the topic you avoided, Hashimara asked. The man felt the same rage that Tobimara felt too, there were things that even on the battlefield were forbidden. These were one of them. 

You dragged your hands down your face, ignoring the blood on them and not bothering with  it.  Then, then you laughed but the laugh sounded so heartbroken, as if you had given up a  long time ago. "I played the hero...." Only to be shown the reality of it. That laugh died down as something crossed your mind, a memory or even someone. 

"Please," Hashimara tried, "perhaps if you tell us what happened, we may be able to help you, find out how you appeared here."

For once your gaze that was directed at him didn't show any hostility.  "I don't know how I appeared here, I fell in a river so I don't know how I appeared in that lake."