Chapter 83

Memories were a beautiful thing, and you hoped that you were able to to remember the good memories you had when you were six year old and younger. To remember what it felt to have a loving mother and father. To feel their warmth from their embrace, to feel protected.

But you could not remember what any of those things felt like, if you ever had a sense of that, it would be with Hana. But look to where all that led to.

So you went back to what your six year old called home, to the place she once felt safe and happy. The village wasn't a small village like people said it was. At least it wasn't small compared to other villages you've seen.

Most homes were decent, a few were poorer but you countess around four houses. The streets were well kept and clean. There were happy merchants and happy customers. Children played  chasing each other.

It was a bright day, illuminating the whole village. Considering that this village has absolutely no protection, it was quite wealthy and very beautiful. Among all the homes and apart from other homes, there was a larger one. By looking at it, you could see that whomever lived there had to definitely be wealthy. No wonder your sister had been so angry with you, she has been forced to leave a life full of luxury.

What captured your attention the most though, was the fact that you arrived about minutes  before you and other girls were supposed to be taken. It was bright, and the day was hours away from being over.

You've taken cover as young girl, someone who these people were familiar with. If you weren't short in time, you would have enjoyed looking around. This was your home once, and you had friends too. You just could not remember their faces or even names.

But it wasn't the time, instead you went to the place where your family lived. His your self so that you could have a clear view of the entrance of this home. Minutes later two men arrived, what made you frown however was the fact that they did not show up threatening anybody.

No. Your father greeted the two of them at the entrance of his home, and although faintly, you could hear and it was as if someone had poured a bucket of freezing water over your entire body and you couldn't move at all.

"I thought I told you before not to come here unless it was an emergency." Your father's words reached your ears.

"We apologize," one of the men replied, "but we had been given orders to bring you a message. One of the closest villages is suspecting something, and informant has mentioned that you would be investigated. That is why we are here."

Maybe your mother realized that your father was missing because she joined your father. You would think she would question your father why these men were here but not a single word left her lips. What she did was to just stare at your father, as he glared at the ground. Ideas flying in front of his eyes. It took him minutes before he shifted his gaze back to the men and then to his wife, you mother. "I've thought of this already, I have a few people willing to offer their daughters in exchange for money."

"Of course, but they'll still suspect of you." The shortest man informed. Taking girls could minimize the suspension but just that, they'll continue to investigate your father.

Your mother new your father too well, because she did not flinch as your father has made the suggestion to buying girls. Girls that be sexually exploited. Though she must have understood what he was planning to do because this is where she began to shake her head, " Have you lost your mind? Are you even... How can you even think about it?

"You'll take them to Junko, and I'll send a message along. Take the oldest, take him to her." This is where your mom began to cry, and it really looked like she was hurting. However, she was not hurting enough as she led one of the men to enter her home and to your room.

Your legs, no, your entire body felt so heavy  that you could not even more. The other reaction your body has to this whole scene was for it to shake, to make your chest hurt, so much that it really felt as if someone had stabbed you. Your throat felt dry, and at the pit of your stomach you felt disgust.

All of those emotions hightened, increased 10th times as you heard the desperate cries of a young girl. But that young girl was you, and you watched as younger you was behind dragged out of your home, tears running down your small face and your arms stretched forward begging your mom or dad to help you, to protect you. Your mother continued to cry, and for appearances your father began to cry, and moved so that he was now hugging your mother.

The screams of your younger self contained, and now you found yourself crying, and gasping for air as you watched and heard the girl being taken away. And then, and then what made your heart completely break was the fact that as soon as your mother heard the crying of the baby girl, she quickly pulled away from your father and rushed to her.

Your father did not join her, instead he settled for watching the retreating forms of those men. If you had eaten anything that day, it was starting to go up your throat. Before your father heard you, you were gone.

Where to? You weren't sure all you wanted to be was to be away from that place. You continued to cry, and you puked from how painful and how suffocating your chest felt. Your body shook completely too, and soon you wer sent to the ground as you arrived to breathe.

Breathe, it should have been easy to do so but your body and mind wasn't responding. Tou couldn't, you couldn't breathe. With the lack of oxygen, black dots began to cloud your sight and your mind began to shut down.

As it shut down, a single thought appeared; of just how everything made sense.