𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐈𝐌

"maybe shes right

"maybe shes right..."
"no. don't listen to what my fucking mum says"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

YOUR POV:
I could always tell my mum had a problem with me dating Ashtray but i never knew she would actually speak up about it. It was weird, i was chilling in my living room watching Netflix and she walked in and sat next to me, and looked at me?

"Hey mum..." i spoke up awkwardly, giving her a questioning look. "You have to break up with that little boyfriend of yours" she said, smiling creepily at me. I sat up straight and switched the tv off. "What? No, what the fuck!" I replied and she rolled her eyes. "Hes a druggie, Y/n. You don't deserve him" she replied, a weird smile still on her face.

"Wipe that fucking smile off your face and don't you ever speak about him like that. Ever again." I growled and my mum gave me an offended look- as if i did something wrong?! "And why are you assuming that he's a druggie? Hes not a druggie!" That was true, Ashtray was a dealer but he wouldn't dare take any drugs.

"The tattoos on his face, his clothes, his attitude. It looks like he belongs in an alleyway selling the stuff, Y/n. Agree with me." She responded. "Fuck you! Don't you dare talk about him like that, i love him with all of my heart and an old bitch like you won't stop that!" I yelled and went to barge past her.

But she shoved me back and gripped my wrist.

"You better end it with him, Y/n. I will turn him in myself. Hes a drug addict and a dealer, I don't want you around people like him!" She snapped. I glared up at her, i knew she wouldn't do that, she was threatening me to make me do it. She thinks I'd listen if she used threats like that. I shook my head and pulled my wrist from her.

"You're not doing that. You're a horrible mother and i feel like you have a problem with me and my dating life and it has to stop" i went to walk out the door but I turned to face my mum again. "Oh- and ever speak bad about my boyfriend again and i will fucking kill you. A slow, long and painful death, trust me on that one" I informed and she scoffed.

"I'm not scared of you, you're my daughter" she replied and i rolled my eyes. "I don't remember telling you to be scared. Its a fucking warning, you cunt" I replied before slamming the door and making my way to Ash and Fez's.

As soon as I knocked on their door, I heard footsteps from the inside and Ashtray answered the door. His emotionless face turning into a small smile. "Hey, ma" he greeted and took my hand, leading me inside. "Shit, what happened here?" He asked, referring to the red mark on my wrist from my mum. I sighed in frustration which caught his attention.

"Sit down, baby. Talk to me." He said. We both sat down on the couch, face to face. "I had an argument with my mum..." i spoke up, Ash raised his brow. "About what?" He questioned. I avoided eye contact. "You" I whispered in reply.

I didn't want to tell him what my mum said about him but i knew i was gonna have too if he wants to hear the entire story. I thought he was gonna get mad and maybe storm off to murder my mum...but instead, he held my hand in comfort. "Tell me what happened, ma. I promise, I won't do anything" he explained.

"She started calling you a druggie and demanded me to break up with you because I'm too good for you. Which is complete and utter bullshit" I answered, Ash fell silent quick. The more I explained, the more Ash avoided eye contact with me and looked down at his hands or around the room, making me more and more concerned.

"Ash, are you-" "Maybe she's right..." he spoke up quietly. My eyebrows furrowed and my lips parted slightly. "Maybe I'm not good enough for you, Y/n" he mumbled and it angered me. Obviously, Ash's comment didn't anger me. It was my mum who did for making him feel this way, even if she didn't say it to his face or intend to let him know that.

"No. Don't listen to what my fucking mum says." I replied sternly. "Look at me, Ashtray" this must've shocked him as i never use his full name on his, his eyes snapped towards mine. "Ash. You're fucking amazing, what my mum says about you is hella irrelevant because shes full of shit and wants to make everyones life as miserable as hers" i started, Ash didn't break eye contact once.

"But we're not going to let her break us apart. You gotta know that you and i are literally perfect for each other, Ash. If anything- you're too good for me. Please don't believe the shit my mum says..." I explained, Ash's eyes filled with tears which was unnatural for me because he never cries. "Come here, love" I whispered and pulled him close.

He laid his head on my chest, my hand rubbed the back of his head and neck. "I love you, okay?" I murmured and i felt him smile into my neck. "I love you too, ma" he replied. He gently picked up my sore wrist and peppered small kisses around the red mark. From then on, Ash never listened to my mum and realised we were great for each other..

And i learnt that i'd always defend my boy. No matter what i had to do for him. I'll always protect him, like he protects me.