| 5 |

Jake abruptly sat up from his bed and frowned down at Misun, or well... he preferred to call her Millie - and so did she. He wasn't quite sure he had sompletely understood what had just left her mouth. In his head it had almost registered as an outerworldly language, as if she was from Jupiter.

"I'm sorry... it has what now?" Jake questioned, looking down at the tanned girl, who sat cross-legged on the floor, happily scratching the golden retriever behind her ears.

"It's crazy, I know," Millie nodded and looked back up at Jake, "Layla agrees with me," she excused and nodded to the golden in her lap.

"No, no, no. I mean, repeat it," Jake stated, "what did the app do?"

"Well, we don't really know," Millie admitted with a shrug, "we think it might be listening in on Jiyeon's phone and then send her creepy texts about things she's doing in that moment."

"But what did you say it had said to her?" Jake repeated and moved so he was laying on his stomach, propping himself up on his elbows as well.

Millie's eyes momentarily wondered to the muscles that Jake unknowingly had made pop out a little more than usual by the way he was leaning on his elbows. 

"It had told her not to curse when she burned her dinner by accident. Then in the morning it had texted her something about how she looks when she's sleeping," Millie waved it off casually, "just over all being creepy. Like I wouldn't even wish that on Sunhi or Taehee creepy."

"But if it's only listening... how can it tell her how she looks when sleeping?" Jake slowly cocked his head to one side and frowned.

At once Millie stopped scratching Layla behind the ears and her eyes slowly widened. It was first when an impatient Layla had smacked Millie's thigh with her paw that Millie had snapped back into reality. 

Slowly Millie turned her body to face Jake, whose eyes slowly widened as well. It was almost as if he had read Millie's thoughts.

"You don't think..." Jake slowly trailed off and Millie held up two fingers.

"Either they managed to hack into their home security system, but even then I'm sure they don't have that many cameras and mics around the house... or... that app actually gave Jiyeon-ie a stalker," Millie realized before her breathing slowly picked up into small frantic heaves through her nose.

"Hey, hey, hey. Calm down, everything will be alright. Jungwon's with her right now," Jake softly reminded and grabbed Millie's hand.

"What if that stalker is gonna go after us other girls as well?" she whispered, almost out of breath.

"Then I'll knock some sense into him with my fists," Jake assured her, "you're completely safe... so is Jiyeon. Jungwon couldn't harm a fly... unless it was a fly threatening to harm him, but I don't think that's really possible-" Jake rambled on as he glanced around the room, eventually letting his eyes fall back on Millie, "you get my point."

Jake quietly watched and rubbed his thumb over the back of Millie's hand. It was almost as if he was studying how to get her to calm down once again. Eventually he noticed her breathing slowing down and watched as her head dropped to lay on the mattress of his bed.

"If you want to go home that's alright. I'll walk with you," Jake softly reminded and Millie just nodded in return.

"I don't really want to be alone right now," she excused with a scrunch of the nose that Jake found cute despite the circumstances.

"I'm sure Heeseung hyung is home," Jake remarked and Millie quietly shook her head, "no?"

"Or well... yes, he is... but he's probably playing his stupid computer games," Millie sighed and rubbed her eyes.

"They aren't stupid," Jake immediately gasped and stopped the movement of his thumb across the back of her hand.

"The day my brother isn't screaming about some bird-alligator hybrid I will believe you," Millie remarked, a snicker escaping Jake's grin.

Jake's snicker was, however, overruled by the vibration of Millie's phone ringing on the nightstand. Quickly Millie grabbed her phone and answered the call, automatically putting it on speakerhold, just an old habit of hers.

"Unnie," Jiyeon's voice immediately called out from the phone, making Jake immediately frown towards Millie.

"Oh," Millie replied shortly, beginning to pick at her fingernails.

"Do you still have my Geography book?" Jiyeon's voice questioned and Millie's eyes immediately widened.

"Ah, shit! I'm sorry Yeon!" Millie loudly exclaimed and covered her face with her hands, "it's at home. I'll bring it tomorrow, I swear!"

"It's fine," Jiyeon clamly replied, "Jungwon just walked home to get his anyways. I'll talk to you tomorrow at school bye."

Immediately the call ended and Millie casually placed her phone back on Jake's nightstand, a small shrug pulling at her shoulders as she looked back at Jake.

"That must be the fastest phone call in history," Jake remarked and Millie immediately frowned before shaking her head, "that's the standard between you girls?"

"Have you ever been on the phone with my brother?" Millie questioned before eventually letting out a small laugh, "he gives one word answers and the conversation is over in less than a minute... Jiyeon-ie and I managed to get up on..." Millie trailed off as she unlocked her phone and checked the reciept of the call, "one minute and ten- elleven seconds."

"Incredible," Jake commented as Millie placed her phone back on the table in time for a text to ding in, yet neither of the two seemed to realize the small text that made the screen of the phone light up.

'Don't look at him like that

Then I'll have to get rid of him'