Tag | 38

A small sniffled escaped Jake as he whiped his nose and carefully placed Soomin's head down onto the floor once again. His eyes were red, bloodshot. His cheeks had been drenched by the tears that had caused his eyes to swell up. He had never in a million years imagined he would cry that much over Soomin's death. 

Even saying it sounded weird. She couldn't be dead. She wasn't an existence that could be dead. She was one of those people that you always saw as immortal, it wasn't like it was anything special about her. She was just one of those people who you imagined to be immortal, even though you knew they would die one day, they just died way too early.

Many times before, Jake had imagined how he would react to Millie or Sunghoon dying. He never imagined he had cried that much over them as he just had cried for Soomin - having awoken a terror in him of how he would react if any of those two were to die in the tagging game.

He had never considered himself extremely close with Soomin, despite the fact that she was Millie's bestfriend and Sunghoon's girlfriend. He only recalled the early kindergarten years where they had walked to school with one another, simply because they were neighbours. Maybe it was those memories that were deep rooted in him.

Despite her dead eyes starring at the ceiling above his head, Jake still swore he could hear her voice telling him to just keep walking. As a mantra that kept repeating right by his ear.

He knew if he said anything to the dead body he would only break down into another fit of sobs. So he just stood up, completely tensed and shoulders up around his ears as he stifly began walking.

He had to keep stiff as he walked, turning around the nearest corner and just walking around all tensed up. When he were to turn his head and look in one way, his whole body rotated to the place he wanted to look at.

He had been walking around in his own mind for long enough for him to disregard and ignore the tense pain the tensing of his muscles were causing him in his upperbody.

"Hyung?" a voice called out varily, only making Jake stop dead in his tracks, not even turning around to look at the voice, "you good?"

"Soomin's dead..." Jake murmured, mostly to himself as a way to finally face the truth, but he repeated it once again, "Soomin's dead," he confirmed with a small nod before turning to look at the three people standing a bit away from him.

"So is Jay hyung," Jungwon quietly replied.

Without a word Jake sunk to the floor once again, covering his face with his hands as he crouched down.

"Maybe not the best handling of this hyung," Riki commented and patted Jungwon's shoulder softly, "do better next time."

"I'm under a lot of stress, alright?" Jungwon snapped in defense, "you tell me if you want to carry her around," Jungwon reminded and nodded to Jiyeon, who laid limp in his arms.

"I wasn't even allowed to touch her seconds ago," Riki retorted, "then I can't really carry her can I?"

"Maybe we should just take a rest here," Jungwon murmured as his eyes fell back on Jake, who had begun shaking in his place, covering his nose and mouth with his hands as his eyes welled up once again.

Quietly Riki rushed over and sat down by Jake, carefully placing his hand on Jake's back and eventually rubbing his hand up and down the surface, in order to soothe the older boy.

Trailing a bit behind Jungwon rushed over and sat down by them as well, having Jiyeon laying in his lap, to assure he would know any moment she was much as fluttered her eyelids to wake up.

"Hyung... I don't think we can sacrifice time for tears right now," Riki hesitantly spoke, making Jake fall back down onto his butt as he lifted his arm to cover for his eyes, "okay..." he murmured before looking over towards Jungwon, "I'm beginning to dislike this more and more... if two are dead... and... Noona isn't exactly well."

"She'll be fine, Riki," Jungwon quietly shook his head and clutched Jiyeon closer to him, "she's just a bit battered after that drag. She hit quite a lot of corners and things on that trip."

"Hyung she's bee consious for a maximal of five minutes since then," Riki calmly spoke, "as much as I hate to say it, she might be the next one."

"She isn't gonna die!" Jungwon sternly hissed in return.

"He's right," Jake sniffled quietly, "we can't lose more. She'll be fine Riki."

"But-" Riki started and Jake simply shook his head as he dried his eyes and fought against another stream of tears.

"No more will die," Jake murmured sternly and looked Riki square in the face, "don't deny my claim again."

"She's waking up again," Jungwon murmured and brushed the hair out of Jiyeon's face as he caught a small frown forming on her face.

Slowly Jiyeon ripped herself from Jungwon's grip and sat up, looking to the ground with wide eyes. Blinking a few times one of her hands went up to her head while the three other boys simply watched her in silence.

"God... it hurts," Jiyeon murmured as her other hand slowly lifted to her head.

"Headache?" Riki questioned making Jiyeon glance to him with a confused look.

"What?" she murmured.

"Headache?" Riki repeated only deepening the frown on Jiyeon's face.

"You're slurring," Jiyeon murmured and fidgeted with her fingers in front of her mouth as if she couldn't get her point across in her sentence.

"I talked clear, right?" Riki questioned and looked to Jake, who immediately nodded - apparently not showing any confusion to Jiyeon's difficulty in understanding Riki.

"Do you understand what we're saying, Ji?" Jungwon carefully questioned and Jiyeon looked to him, "do you understand?"

"Yeah..." she murmured with a small nod, which only made her headache worse. She momentarily had to close her eyes tightly to make the headache go away.

"How are you feeling?" Jungwon carefully questioned and grabbed her hand in his.

"Hurts..." Jiyeon whispered and tapped the side of her head, "sailing... tired."

"Sailing?" Riki questioned in confusion, "I'm gonna assume that is some term for something, that I don't understand quite yet."

"She must be feeling like she's on a boat," Jake clarified, "she is swaying a bit side to side."

"We're gonna rest here for a bit anyways," Jungwon sighed before running his hand over the knuckles on Jiyeon's hand, "she'll be better in just a bit. It's fine. Just give it time."