Tag | 7

A scream echoed out through the hallways as Sunghoon shook his hand - trying to get rid of the pain, while the doors in front of him opened.

Everyone in the depot room immediately perked up their heads and Sunghoon looked back at them in shock.

"Who was that?" Heeseung murmured quietly, earning a shrug from most people around the circle.

"It wasn't Soomin," Sunghoon informed, he had never heard Soomin scream, but he felt confident in his claim.

"If it's Lin, it doesn't sound like her," Sunoo shook his head as eyes fell back on him, "it's Jiyeon."

"What if Jungwon-ie hyung hasn't found her?" Riki quietly muttered before letting out a frustrated sigh, rubbing his face in his hands.

No one in the room said anything as Sunghoon sucked in a deep breath and rushed out into the halls, determined to find Soomin before she would scream out the way Jiyeon possibly just did. 

"It'll be fine Riki," Heeseung quietly murmured, wrapping an arm around his shoulders to comfort him - since he had turned more distressed than anyone in the room had ever seen him.

"I can't do this," Riki shook his head quietly, "I have to get home."

"You will," Heeseung nodded once more.

"No I have to get home. I need to get my phone. Emiko is probably worried sick because I promised I would send her pictures of the beaches," Riki rambled, his Japanese accent shining through on a few words, due to how frustrated he was.

"Who is Emiko?" Jay slowly questioned.

"His girlfriend back home," Sunoo calmly replied, glancing to Riki, who quietly sat biting down on his thumbnail, staring at the floor.

Meanwhile, Sunghoon was wandering down the hallways, slowly nearing where Jungwon and Lin was situated. It was as if he had heard their footsteps nearby. However, Sunghoon had no idea what he was nearing.

After the scream had echoed off the walls in the hallways Jungwon had abruptly stopped in his steps, meanwhile Lin lifted her head - which previously had rested on Jungwon's shoulder.

"You heard that, right?" Jungwon slowly questioned, glancing back at Lin who frowned at him, "the scream?"

"Yeah..." Lin trailed off as Jungwon slowly set her down, leaving her on just a sore hip - not the excruciating pain she was in an hour ago.

"That was Jiyeon," Jungwon murmured in realization as Lin leaned against the wall beside her, watching as Jungwon began pacing back and forth on the hallway, "that was her scream. She screamed the same way when that volleyball broke her pointer finger in fifth grade," he immediately realized.

"Say Wonie... how long have you been crushing on Jiyeon?" Lin questioned smugly making Jungwon abruptly turn to her.

"Are you completely oblivious or in denial?" Jungwon questioned, earning a frown from Lin, "she was screaming of pain. That in here - if anything you said is true, she might be fatally injured."

"We need to get to her," Lin slowly realized as she widened her eyes, "where is she?"

"How would I know? That scream could come from anywhere," Jungwon deeply sighed as he ran his hands over his face, "if I even had to make a guess I would say some hallway further down to the right, probably then take another right and if we have to go further then left."

"That's some extreme hearing," Lin commented making Jungwon wave it off.

"Even them I'm not sure," Jungwon shook his head.

"Go to her," Lin offered and Jungwon frowned at her, "if you have to wait on me or carry me it'll only slow you down. To be honest, I'm not dumb. I know you'd rather be with her than me right now."

"I promised Sunoo hyung-" Jungwon started immediately having Lin shake her head.

"I don't care what that little sass ball has said to you. Right now you prioritize yourself and your needs, if anything I'll just tell Sunoo that I never even saw your shadow," Lin assured him with a smug smile, "I'll just sit down, pretend to have fainted and pray to god any tagger won't kill me if they find me."

"I can't just leave you in this," Jungwon shook his head before turning his back to her and crouching down, "just jump on my back and we'll continue."

"Yang Jungwon, you listen to me right now," Lin sternly spoke making Jungwon immediately stand up straight and turn to her, "you've been waiting for way too long to let that girl go just like that. Now get out there and find her."

"Well, you two were easy to find," another voice spoke up, making both Lin and Jungwon look down towards Sunghoon - standing further down the hallway, his head cocked to the side and a smirk of amusement on his face.

"See?" Lin exclaimed and gestured to Sunghoon, "if you feel bad about leaving, just let me over to Sunghoon."

"I'm sorry, what now?" Sunghoon questioned and raised his eyebrows as he shoved his hands in his pockets and stepped closer to the two.

"Jungwon recognized Jiyeon's scream, but refuses to run to her despite me telling him it's alright," Lin sighed and Sunghoon simply frowned down at her, "my hip is slowing me in every possible way."

"We can't just let Jungwon go alone," Sunghoon shook his head.

"The boy does Taekwondo and is in the prime physical form of his life. He'll do fine," Lin remarked making Sunghoon purse his lips as he looked to Jungwon.

"Promise to look after Lin," Jungwon spoke slowly to Sunghoon, who slowly nodded.

Before Sunghoon got to protest of Jungwon leaving by himself, one more time, it was already too late. By the sound of a faint whimper in the distance, Jungwon had sprinted off leaving Lin with a small smile on her face and Sunghoon in utter disbelief.

"You just let him go?" Sunghoon questioned Lin in disbelief.

"Trust me... if anything, he'd much rather die in the attempt of finding Jiyeon, than go around with us while she is dying somewhere," Lin reminded, making Sunghoon glance down at her before eventually nodding in agreement, "you only have to go around with me until you find Soomin."

"Even then I'm forcing you to go with us," Sunghoon shook his head and wrapped an arm around Lin's shoulders, "no matter how much Sunoo and I bicker we're still friends."

"But we aren't," Lin pointed out, earning a snort from Sunghoon, "Sunghoon we've barely spoken to one another."

"So? You're Sunoo's girlfriend and Soomin's friend... that must mean... we have some sort of friendly relation, right?" he questioned, only earning a small chuckle from Lin.

"Sure, a friendly relation," she nodded in agreement.