Tag | 30

Riki quietly walked beside Jay, adjusting his speed to the older boy who still was limping slightly from his jump from the shelf. Not a word was exchanged between them, but they could both feel the tension between them.

Riki desperately wanted to speed up, and have the possibility of running away if it was needed. Jay could feel the impatience oozing off the younger boy, and tried his utmost to walk as fast as he possibly could, to the best of the ability his injured leg allowed him.

"If we get tagged, I'll play the game," Riki spoke up, making Jay simply glance at him. He didn't have anything to say, except the fact that he was of the impression that they didn't really have a decision of who was going to play or not.

"We won't get tagged," Jay shook his head.

"Did you listen to the others?" Riki questioned in disbelief, "they made it sound like taggers just appeared out of the blue most times. We won't know if we're about to be tagged. Who removed that ladder, huh?"

Jay quietly glanced at Riki as he attempted to fasten his pace. Despite the clear tension between them, they didn't comment on it. Somehow they had both quietly agreed on if they were going to get out alive they had to stick together despite being frustrated with one another.

"Do you think the others are alright?" Riki sighed as his head cocked to the side, trying to easen up the tension.

"As long as no one is wandering around alone," Jay hummed quietly.

"What about Sunoo hyung?" Riki continued, "could he even walk? And if Lin noona is hurting in her hip then-"

"Tag."

Jay let out a deep sigh as he noticed Riki had stopped in his steps, not bothering to answer properly. Jay turned around with a tired look on his face. An expression that chenged the moment he saw the white mask behind Riki's head. The younger boy looking absolutely horrified by the hand that laid on his shoulder.

"Hyung..." Riki slowly trailed off as Jay tried to calm himself down enough to keep Riki calm in the situation.

"It's fine," Jay slowly assured as he walked forward and grabbed two dices the tagger had extended to Jay - their hand slowly dropping from Riki's shoulder, "we got this," Jay repeated, trying to calm himself down in the same sentence as he let the two dices jump across the floor eventually showing a total of eleven eyes, "I'll just pull the cards as well."

Quietly Jay pulled two cards, eventually handing them back to tagger, who looked over them.

"A game of blind dog for the price of a mutilated non-dominant hand or... a hint to the exit."

"What is blind dog?" Riki questioned Jay, who quietly looked over towards the white mask.

"One will be blindfolded and have to find the other while they snap their fingers. Do the blindfolded one choose me over their partner, you have both lost."

"I'll blindfold," Jay assured Riki, who looked at him in shock.

"Hyung you can barely walk," Riki remarked and Jay simply waved it off.

The tagger was quick to walk over and blindfold Jay before roughly pushing Riki further down the hallway. The whole time Riki was looking at Jay in shock of how Jay agreed to be the blindfolded one so quickly, well knowing he would be the one moving the most.

What Riki hadn't figured out was that whoever was the blindfolded one would be to blame for their victory... or their loss. There was no way Jay would let Riki feel the guilt of letting both of them get hurt.

"On the count of three both of us will be snapping our fingers, you find your friend," the tagger announced and Jay sucked in a deep breath before eventually nodding, "one, two, three."

At once the tagger started snapping his fingers, only letting one snap at a time sound out in the hallway. Realizing Riki wasn't snapping his fingers Jay let out a small sigh before quickly explaining what he had to do in Japanese.

 Frantically Riki began snapping his fingers as well, trying to draw Jay towards him.

Slowly Riki realized the pressure in his chest wasn't anxiety, but moreso caused by the fact he had forgotten to breathe out of shock for what he was faced with.

Hesitating slightly Jay tried to determine which direction he had to move in. Quietly cursing himself for not moving before Riki started snapping. Had he just moved then he could've moved away from the sounds and towards Riki - now the blindfold had deprived him off his sight for long enough for him to get disoriented and confused as to what direction he had to walk in, in order to get to Riki.

Slowly Jay began moving in the direction he was sure Riki stood in. Meanwhile Riki anxiously tapped his foot on the gground for Jay to just hurry to him. 

Fumbling with his arms stretched out in front of him Jay wandered until he could feel fabric against his fingertips, limping halfheartedly towards the figure properly before grabbing fistfuls of the textile he had felt.

"Wrong."

Riki immediately dropped down in a crouch, already feeling his heartbeat speed up to inhumane speeds, meanwhile Jay slowly pulled off his blindfold, shocked at the revelation he hadn't managed to find Riki.

"Riki I think you should run..." Jay slowly spoke as he let go of the tagger in front of him.

"Any attempt to run from a game or punishment will result in death."

Jay sighed heavily before furrowing his eyebrows tightly together and extending his left hand towards the tagger. All he could hope was that they used the most of their energy on him instead of Riki.

Quietly the tagger got out a knife softly patting the middle of Jay's palm before calmly raising the knife as the tagger got ahold of Jay's fingertips. 

Within a flash the knife was directed towards Jay's hand and went straight through the middle of it. A painful scream echoed out through the hallway as Jay sunk to his knees. The echo of the scream pushing Riki down onto the floor in disbelief.

Even if Riki had tried to escape he would die, he knew that. But it didn't matter, he could barely even get up on his feet by how nausiating he found the situation. He couldn't even look towards Jay as he continued complaining of pain whenever the tagger brought the knife upon Jay's hand.