Tag | 20

Millie felt panic grow inside her as she frantically looked back and forth in the search for Lin. She was absolutely nowhere to be seen.

"Lin?" Millie called out, only getting the answer of deafening silence.

In the background the only other noise was Soomin's whimpers and Sunghoon's whispered. His arm was wrapped tightly around her shoulders as he sat in front of her, bowing his head down as much as he could as an attempt to see her face, only managing to get down to her ear to whisper to her.

"Listen you have to tell me what's going on," Sunghoon murmured and grabbed onto the wrist she had tied the rope around, holding around the rope to ensure she couldn't untie it, "why are you suddenly like this?"

"Go away Sunghoon," Soomin whispered quietly only making Sunghoon shake his head in denial, "go."

"I am not going anywhere. I have been searching for you ever since I got out in these hallways. We're getting out of here together," Sunghoon whsipered and immediately turned his head to look at Millie, "and you're not giving up either, got it? We're gonna find a way to stop this."

"I'm just sitting here," Millie excused as she kept looking around for Lin, despite not being able to move around.

"Soomin please..." Sunghoon murmured as he turned back to Soomin, trying to cup her face and lift it up, but she just quickly moved her head away, "what's happening?"

"I'm scared," Soomin whispered quietly and Sunghoon pursed his lips.

"I know... I know..." he murmured quietly, "we all are, but I swear we'll get out of this safely."

"No Sunghoon, I'm not scared of this, I'm just generally scared," Soomin corrected and looked up at him through hooded eyes, "so just go, and let us figure this out."

"What do you mean you're generally scared?" Sunghoon urgently questioned as he cupped her face, for once forcing it up so he could look at her properly, "are you scared of me...? Have I done anything to make you scared of me?"

"Sunghoon just go," Soomin whimpered quietly as she closed her eyes tightly, "please just go."

"Soomin, I am not going," Sunghoon sternly insisted as he grabbed her wrist once again to assure she didn't untie the rope from her wrist, "I am staynig as long as I need, until I die if that's the case, whether you like it or not."

It was clear to Sunghoon that Soomin was slowly giving up on getting him to go somewhere else, which might be just why she sucked in a deep breath before leaning her head forward and resting her forehead on his shoulder.

She quietly gasped for air as Sunghoon carefully placed a hand on her nape, rubbing his thumb back and forth to soothe her. Never before had Sunghoon seen Soomin in any state of despair, he only ever experienced her go quiet whenever those omnious texts ticked in on her phone. 

Quietly Sunghoon glanced over his shoulder towards Millie, who kept glancing between the two people across from her and down the hallway. She desperately wanted to point out that Lin had disappeared but she knew better than that - the couple needed their time right now and it might cost Lin's life, but what could Sunghoon even do if he heard Lin was gone. He couldn't just leave Soomin, she might just risk letting go of the rope.

It was macabre to think that an eighteen year old girl had to choose between which one of her friends she preferred to stay alive. But at the end of the day Millie didn't even doubt her unconsious decision. Soomin was like a sister to her, she wasn't going to let go of her that easily.

"What's she scared of?" Sunghoon spoke up, making Millie look back to her as he held onto the back of Soomin's neck, assuring she wasn't going anywhere else, "you would know, wouldn't you?"

"It's not my place to tell you," Millie shortly excused while shaking her head - and answer which clearly wasn't accepted by Sunghoon.

"Please Millie... you're my only chance of finding out," Sunghoon murmured quietly as Soomin's shoulders began shaking against his touch, "tell me, I am begging you."

"She's scared you'll leave her," Millie murmured in return making Sunghoon snap his head back around to Soomin.

"Why would you be scared of that?" Sunghoon whispered, "are you really that scared you break down like this?"

"Sunghoon are you absolutely oblivious?" Millie exclaimed with a snort making said boy immediately look over his shoulder at her, "don't you remember what Kwon Gihun did to her in freshman year? Of course she is scared?"

"Kwon Gihun?" Sunghoon frowned as Soomin began shaking her head against Sunghoon's shoulder, "why? What did he do?" Sunghoon questioned as he turned his head back to Soomin - wanting to hear the story from her even though he knew it was highly unlikely that she would tell him.

"He played with her," Millie murmured, looking towards Soomin's hunched figure while she blinked away her tears as she recalled how those months passed with a girl that wasn't the same as her best friend through many years, "they made her a bet. They knew she secretly was looking at him during classes, wanting him to see her. So they made their bet... if he could make her go to bed with him he'll win 10.000 won and get the honor of breaking her heart on top of that. So that's exactly what he did... she was 10.000 won worth to those boys and ever since she's... she's not the same Sunghoon!" Millie breathed out, "why do you think she's scared? She's so insistent on making sure to be perfect for you so even if she was a bet you'll still fall for her."

"But... I'm absolutely head over heels," Sunghoon insisted as he turned back to Soomin, "my god Soomin, you know I'm head over heels for you. You would never be a bet or a dare or a game to me," Sunghoon whispered as he hugged her tightly, quietly rocking her back and forth in his arms, "I swear when we get out of here I'll beat the living crap out of Kwon Gihun and whoever his shitty friends are."

"Jake was one of them..." Millie remembered as a tear rolled quietly over her round cheek, "I remember him standing at the back of the group watching in amusement as Gihun went up to talk with Millie and I..."

"Jake doesn't play with love," Sunghoon quickly shook his head as a way to try and assure Millie, "he wouldn't even dare."

"He never told you about Gihun and Soomin... so how would you know?" Millie murmured and picked at the rope around her wrist.

"Heeseung hyung would've murdered him ages ago if it was the case that you were a game," Sunghoon assured her with a small nod as he only tightened his grip around Soomin further, pulling her into his chest, "Soomin you can't think I would ever do such horrible things to you," Sunghoon whispered quietly as he noticed how her hands had clutched onto his shirt, "I love you, okay?" he whispered quietly, feeling her tug on his shirt - trying to bring him closer, "I love you..."