Tag | 34

"They're just around the corner, I'm sure of it," Jake quietly assured as he wandered down the hallway - carrying Soomin on his back.

Soomin's cheek was squished against Jake's shoulder, closing her eyes tightly as she tried to fend off her headache along with her nausea.

"You can't tell Sunghoon," Soomin quietly muttered once more, too many times for Jake to count, "you can't Jake."

"He needs to know," Jake murmured quietly, blinking a few times while he tried to remove the thought of despair on Sunghoon's face once he found out, "he needs to."

"You can't tell him," Soomin muttered once more.

A deep sigh left Jake as they turned the corner and only were faced with even more emptiness and silence. Carefully he sat Soomin down on the ground and held onto her arms to make sure she sat down slowly, instead of falling straight down onto the floor.

"Listen," Jake sternly spoke as he crouched down in front of Soomin, grabbing her chin softly to assure she was looking at him, "I know you don't want Sunghoon to know. But he needs to know. If you're not telling him, I am. I am his bestfriend, so I can't keep it a secret to him, you know that. But you're his girlfriend and it is your place to tell him whenever you're having a rough time or need his comfort. I don't dare even think about the amount of times you've neglected your own need for his touches, just because you don't want him to worry. He wants to worry Soomin, he wants to see you can be just as human as him. You tell him or I do."

"Jake-" Soomin started as she glanced down the hallway.

"I am not gonna hear another reason from you, trying to reason why you shouldn't tell him," Jake shook his head.

"No, Jake-" Soomin tried once again, still getting cut off by Jake.

"Soomin do you understand what I am say-" Jake started making Soomin immediately snap at him.

"I do! Now will you listen to me?" she exclaimed, "get. away. now."

"What are you eve-" Jake started, seemingly forgetting everything about.

"Tag."

Jake's eyes widened as he and Soomin still held their eyecontact. A small sigh left Soomin as she just looked towards the tagger, who had grabbed onto Jake's shoulder.

"That's fine," Jake murmured quietly, still looking at Soomin - even when he stretched one palm out to take the dices the tagger handed him, "I'll play for us. We'll be fine, and we'll find Millie and Sunghoon once again."

Soomin watched the dices intently as Jake let them roll across the floor. He refused to look at the result of the dices - simply too scared to. However, he could easily guess the outcome by the way Soomin abruptly stopped breathing and let her eyes stay on the dices.

"Tug-of-war."

Jake winced slightly as he fell back on his but and rubbed his face in his hands. He remembered all too well how Sunghoon had explained the game of tug-of-war Soomin and Millie had before the baths. He especially remembered very clear how he had mentioned Soomin was ready to give up within seconds.

"Loser dies, winner lives."

A rope end was shoved into Jake's hands and he was shoved further away from Soomin, who only held onto the rope loosely - looking at the ground right by her feet.

"Soomin..." Jake slowly called out, only earning a quiet hum and a nod, which barely was visible, "we'll figure this out, let's just agree that we'll both get out of this alive, alright? We'll just do as last time, wait for someone to win showers for all once again and we'll be out of this."

"What is the chances of that?" she quietly murmured, slowly glancing up at Jake, "you're good at math Jake, aren't you? What is the chance of anyone of the 11 of us to play one of 12 games and with at least 52 different prices or punishments. What is our chances of winning shower for all?"

"Don't let go of that rope," Jake sternly warned, "Sunghoon and Millie will find us soon and they'll find a way to get us out of this."

"They can't," Soomin quietly shook her head, "one of us has to let go Jake."

"Sunghoon needs you," Jake whispered and Soomin just shook her head quietly as a small smile spread on her face.

"Millie needs you more," she whispered in return, almost having Jake intervein before she continued, "you have no idea Jake. She always calls you when I'm not able to be there for her. She hasn't called that much lately, I know she's calling you. She needs you more."

"Soomin you keep that rope in your hand," Jake loudly declared, as if the volume of his voice would glue the rope to the palm of her hand - hindering it from ever leaving her touch.

"I am so sorry Jake," Soomin whispered as she simply sent Jake a small smile, "but it'll be fine, I promise."

Before Jake even could get up and do anything Soomin had let the rope in her hand fall to the ground. His jaw unhinged and he gasped at Soomin as she just smiled softly and looked up towards the tagger - leaving Jake paralyzed in his spot.

"So when are you gonna kill me?" Soomin questioned.

Despite her question Jake had to admit that he suddenly understood how Sunghoon could've fallen in love with her just by sitting beside her. From the side she looked like a goddess, meanwhile also seeming like teh kindest and most attentive person. He understood how she was exactly what Sunghoon needed.

The moment a loud bang echoed out through the hallway and Soomin's beauty was ruined by the hole straight through her forehead, Jake finally got his senses back. He quickly scrambled over to her side - flinging the rope away as he grabbed the sides of her face, trying to find any sign of life. Even though he knew the chances were slim to none.

Despite his best efforts there were no way Jake could do anything to what had already happened - yet he still kept telling himself that if he just stayed with her for a second longer she would let out a gasp any second and come with some snarky comment about his stupid looking puppy retriever face.