Tag | 32

Hiding in a corner between two hallways, Jungwon and Jiyeon had pulled two showcases over to hide them in the corner while they sat in silence and waited to regain their energy. It wasn't the biggest space they had created for themselves, but when they had crossed their legs across one another and cuddled up against the other it didn't seem too hard - at most it felt like a solid pillowfort.

"Are you tired?" Jungwon quietly questioned as he carefully adjusted his arms and wrapped them around Jiyeon in a different way, forcing her to lift her right arm and swing it over his shoulder instead of under his armpit as it was before.

"Just exhausted," she murmured in return while Jungwon carefully pushed her head down to lean against his shoulder.

"You've been running for a while," he hummed quietly, assuring her he understood, "been constantly anxious of what would happen when you turn a corner. I get it."

"I'll just close my eyes for a second," Jiyeon excused as she let her eyes fall close.

It went silent in the hallway as a deep sigh of content and rest escaped Jiyeon's mouth as Jungwon noticed her slowly go more limp in his grip, while her grip around him also loosened. Seeing her relax like that made Jungwon calm down a bit more and lean further into the wall behind him. It was first now he really noticed how tense and observant he constantly had been after he found her - as if any turn around the corner would kill her.

Meanwhile Jiyeon relished in the familiar scent she could barely recognize on Jungwon's clothes. After they had been given the showers he had washed out the soft smell of his shampoo, she had learned to recognize after he began spending time with her during the evenings when she got the creepy texts. But the fabric softener his family used still lingered in his clothes, making it as soft and inviting as ever.

However, her relaxation lasted shortly when she realized the rustling in the distance, footsteps dragging along the floor. Immediately she snapped her head up, making Jungwon lift his head as well to frown at her.

Before he could even question anything she held her hand over his mouth to hinder him from saying anything or reveal where they were. Holding a finger up to her lips to signal him to stay quiet, Jungwon nodded. Slowly Jiyeon removed her hand from his mouth.

Instead they just sat and stared at one another, concentrating on the other's breathing as well as the footsteps nearing them. Had they checked their pulse they would've noticed that both of their pulses were rising in the same abnormal speed while their hearts began pounding harder - the same way they usually did when they shared small kisses and pecks.

As the footsteps neared Jiyeon immediately noticed the weight in the steps, the drag, the heavy thump that echoed out after each step.

"Tag," Jiyeon murmured and Jungwon widened his eyes at her, attempting to get up before he realized his legs were being held down by the weight of Jiyeon's on top of his.

"I know you're here," a deep voice echoed out and Jungwon widened his eyes.

"I'll take it," Jiyeon quietly whispered, only making Jungwon quickly shake his head, "it's fine."

Carefully Jiyeon pulled Jungwon's hands off of her as she stood up and made her way out onto the hallway, looking at the nearing tagger with a tired look on her face.

"You're not gonna run?" the tagger scoffed in a mocking manner.

"I'm just waiting for you to kill me," Jiyeon excused with a small shrug, holding her hand out calmly, waiting for the dice to be placed in her palm.

The tagger simply snorted and placed a single dice in Jiyeon's palm. Without any hesitation she dropped it and let it roll across the floor.

"Two eyes. Cham, Cham, Cham."

The tagger extended the two decks of cards towards Jiyeon and she quickly picked the ones on top, before handing them back to the tagger.

"You know if you're just waiting to die, you could just run off," the tagger remarked and looked at the cards, "either a hallway drag or safe haven for 12 hours."

"If I let myself die that easily it won't be that funny for you, would it?" Jiyeon calmly sighed as the tagger extended their hand towards her face, "just start whenever."

"Cham cham cham."

Hand up, head down.

"Cham cham cham."

Hand right, head left.

Jiyeon's breath hitched in her throat. Her left was their right. Out of the corner of her eye she could see the hand pointing in the same direction as her face. The same hand grabbing onto a handful of her hair to keep her in place while the tagger presumably waited.

"I'll take the punishment," Jungwon quickly rushed out from his hiding spot making Jiyeon glance over at him as the tagger's hand went to just hold onto the back of her neck.

"She lost, she gets punishment," the tagger calmly spoke.

"No, no, no. I swear, I'll take it," Jungwon insisted as the tagger simply looked down the hallway, watching as another tagger walked around with what looked like a harness with an attached rope in hand.

"What was the punishment again?" Jiyeon slowly questioned and glanced at the tagger.

"Hallway drag," the tagger calmly replied as they grabbed the harness from the other, "you'll go on a small trip."

The tagger calmly wrapped the harness around Jiyeon's waist and tighetned it tight enough for Jiyeon to let out a small yelp and immediately try to take it off.

"It's too tight, I can't breathe," Jiyeon shook her head as the tagger took a step away from her and Jungwon rushed to go help Jiyeon out of the harness.

Jungwon had barely even touched the harness around Jiyeon's waist before a tight pull on the harness had pulled Jiyeon down on the floor and dragged her on it, towards the corner.

"Ji!" Jungwon had immediately sprinted after her the moment she disappeared out of his sight once she hit the corner of the hallway with her head and pulled away by the harness.